The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Blue Haze said:
GHoddle said:
Fwiw, I think people view the 'money' thing way too simplisticly. I don't begrudge City winning the league in fact I was very happy that it happened actually (first time in 17 years someone other than United, Arsenal, or Chelsea won it).

The fact is that any club that has become successful pretty much has made a major investment at some point in their history, either through debt or rich owners. We had to spend £50 million on new training facilities, and will have to spend another £400 million on a new stadium to have a chance of competing with United and Arsenal's "sound fiscal policy."

I'm kind of surprised an oligarch hasn't taken you over. The only thing really holding you back is investment.

A new stadium and some investment in the squad, you would easily surpass Arsenal.

Levy (like in all things) is looking for maximum value. It's always been the plan to get CL football on a regular basis and a new stadium and then sell.

Sometimes I wonder if there isn't just an general condescending or snobbish attitude towards northerners from many Spurs fans. Why live up there, it's grim, it's poor, it rains all the time, it's nowhere near London. So there must be something wrong with fans of that Manchester club, and a vile intention from anyone wanting to be connected to it. We should just know our place.

It's not just them either, some Mancs I know have developed this attitude after spending too much time down there.

I may be way off the mark, but I just don't get the aggression from Spurs fans when it comes to City, and yet MU get love and respect. Plenty of Arse fans are the same, Charlton, West Ham fans are fine though, no problems.

Just my own observation, been getting a lot of grief recently so thought I'd vent.

Ledley King

released by Spurs

i'd take him on a free as cover for Vinny and Joleon

although now he says hes staying at Spurs in some capacity !!

Re: Ledley King

Yeah, because it woked out really well when we took on Hargreaves.

The guy is finished, his knees have been shot for some time now. A shame really as he is a quality centre half.

Too injury-prone for me.

Glad he managed to stay on the pitch long enough to bring Mario down for our last minute pen, however!

i know injury prone, but he is a hell of a centre half. He would be good cover and would help develop Savic. but not gonna happen anyway.

as Bob said 'the new tealady'

He's on Spurs' list of released players but they're negotiating a new deal with him and he said he doesn't want to play anywhere else, which could mean he retires and takes on another role at Spurs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.