The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Re: Ledley King

From the BBC Breaking Sport News section @ 14:34:-

FOOTBALL
Ledley King says he wants to stay at Tottenham beyond this summer and is considering a number of options that could see him remain at White Hart Lane.

Speaking to the club's official website, the defender says: "I've been discussing things with the club and my contract expires this summer.

"The club has been fantastic in supporting me and given me several options to stay involved with Tottenham. I shall take a view with them in pre-season on my future.

"Tottenham has been the only club for me and if I can't play here then I shall look to be involved in another capacity."

Re: Ledley King

mekonmcfc said:
released by Spurs

i'd take him on a free as cover for Vinny and Joleon

although now he says hes staying at Spurs in some capacity !!

you can't have someone for cover who in fact you need cover for.

Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:
Sometimes I wonder if there isn't just an general condescending or snobbish attitude towards northerners from many Spurs fans. Why live up there, it's grim, it's poor, it rains all the time, it's nowhere near London. So there must be something wrong with fans of that Manchester club, and a vile intention from anyone wanting to be connected to it. We should just know our place.

It's not just them either, some Mancs I know have developed this attitude after spending too much time down there.

I may be way off the mark, but I just don't get the aggression from Spurs fans when it comes to City, and yet MU get love and respect. Plenty of Arse fans are the same, Charlton, West Ham fans are fine though, no problems.

Just my own observation, been getting a lot of grief recently so thought I'd vent.

I know plenty of Spurs that live up north for varying reasons, myself being one of them. To suggest that Spurs fans have ill feelings towards the north more so than other London club's fans is a bit of a bizarre suggestion in my opinion. Have you met two or three Yiddo's that were perhaps a bit overzealous with banter and you've taken that on board as Spurs fans are racist against northerners?

I'm sorry if I've misunderstood your post here

spurspinter1 said:
Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:
Sometimes I wonder if there isn't just an general condescending or snobbish attitude towards northerners from many Spurs fans. Why live up there, it's grim, it's poor, it rains all the time, it's nowhere near London. So there must be something wrong with fans of that Manchester club, and a vile intention from anyone wanting to be connected to it. We should just know our place.

It's not just them either, some Mancs I know have developed this attitude after spending too much time down there.

I may be way off the mark, but I just don't get the aggression from Spurs fans when it comes to City, and yet MU get love and respect. Plenty of Arse fans are the same, Charlton, West Ham fans are fine though, no problems.

Just my own observation, been getting a lot of grief recently so thought I'd vent.

I know plenty of Spurs that live up north for varying reasons, myself being one of them. To suggest that Spurs fans have ill feelings towards the north more so than other London club's fans is a bit of a bizarre suggestion in my opinion. Have you met two or three Yiddo's that were perhaps a bit overzealous with banter and you've taken that on board as Spurs fans are racist against northerners?

I'm sorry if I've misunderstood your post here

Typical racist reply!

de niro said:
if i were spurs i'd be shitting it for the forthcoming season, i can just see them crumbling as player after player follows harry out the door.

not if they sell for gazillions. I think Spurs could be happy to get freshening everything up.

de niro said:
if i were spurs i'd be shitting it for the forthcoming season, i can just see them crumbling as player after player follows harry out the door.

Shitting it?

I'm well up for it, comfortable in the knowledge that if one of our big players leaves then it will be for serious money. And if Harry leaves we will have a replacement lined up as the possiblity of Harry leaving/being sacked has been floating about since January therefore we will have sorted out who we'd be able to get in or not as to not run around like Liverpool begging any big name coach to come and have a crack at it. Levy wouldn't be so ill advised.

spurspinter1 said:
de niro said:

Shitting it?

I'm well up for it, comfortable in the knowledge that if one of our big players leaves then it will be for serious money. And if Harry leaves we will have a replacement lined up as the possiblity of Harry leaving/being sacked has been floating about since January therefore we will have sorted out who we'd be able to get in or not as to not run around like Liverpool begging any big name coach to come and have a crack at it. Levy wouldn't be so ill advised.

No Spurs are much more dignified! They'd never have news of a manger sacked during a game that is live on tv, or would they??

Just out of interest, who do you want to replace 'Arry?

spurspinter1 said:
de niro said:

Shitting it?

If Redknapp was giving the England Job apparently Brendon was levy's first choice! Now it's Martinez

Chelsea spending big bucks on Hazard and Hulk + probably a few more pretty much means there is 1 less free spot in the top 4.

I predict a fight between Arsenal and Spurs, with possibly newcastle and Liverpool joining in for the last spot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.