The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Blue Hefner said:
spurspinter1 said:
de niro said:
if i were spurs i'd be shitting it for the forthcoming season, i can just see them crumbling as player after player follows harry out the door.

Shitting it?

I'm well up for it, comfortable in the knowledge that if one of our big players leaves then it will be for serious money. And if Harry leaves we will have a replacement lined up as the possiblity of Harry leaving/being sacked has been floating about since January therefore we will have sorted out who we'd be able to get in or not as to not run around like Liverpool begging any big name coach to come and have a crack at it. Levy wouldn't be so ill advised.

No Spurs are much more dignified! They'd never have news of a manger sacked during a game that is live on tv, or would they??

Just out of interest, who do you want to replace 'Arry?

Jol situation could have been handled better for sure. But that strengthens my point about having a replacement lined up straight away, even if it didn't work out too well with Ramos.

I don't particularly want anyone to replace Harry, but if needs must then I think Capello could be a good move as an experienced head coming in, or if we were after the young coach to instill his philosophy in to the club and all that, then AVB could be a good shout, think he'd be given enough time here.

I don't tend to be to judgemental of a manager until his first 6 months or so, I was ever so wrong about Harry so now I tend to reserve my judgement.

BlueCityfan said:
Chelsea spending big bucks on Hazard and Hulk + probably a few more pretty much means there is 1 less free spot in the top 4.

I predict a fight between Arsenal and Spurs, with possibly newcastle and Liverpool joining in for the last spot.

I have a feeling Liverpool and certainly Newcastle will have a good go at the Europa League next year so I can't see them realistically grabbing a top 4 spot.

Arsenal & Spurs will fight it out I think. If Arsenal hold on to RVP and get a few signings in, Arsenal will nick it for me.

1. City/Utd/Chelsea
4. Arsenal/Spurs
6. Liverpool/Newcastle

Quite certain of that.

spurspinter1 said:
Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:
Sometimes I wonder if there isn't just an general condescending or snobbish attitude towards northerners from many Spurs fans. Why live up there, it's grim, it's poor, it rains all the time, it's nowhere near London. So there must be something wrong with fans of that Manchester club, and a vile intention from anyone wanting to be connected to it. We should just know our place.

It's not just them either, some Mancs I know have developed this attitude after spending too much time down there.

I may be way off the mark, but I just don't get the aggression from Spurs fans when it comes to City, and yet MU get love and respect. Plenty of Arse fans are the same, Charlton, West Ham fans are fine though, no problems.

Just my own observation, been getting a lot of grief recently so thought I'd vent.

I know plenty of Spurs that live up north for varying reasons, myself being one of them. To suggest that Spurs fans have ill feelings towards the north more so than other London club's fans is a bit of a bizarre suggestion in my opinion. Have you met two or three Yiddo's that were perhaps a bit overzealous with banter and you've taken that on board as Spurs fans are racist against northerners?

I'm sorry if I've misunderstood your post here

Apology accepted, you complete weirdo!

Re: Ledley King

He is not injured.
He has arthritis in his left knee. This means he is limited as to how much he can train or play.
Very good player and could do a job as cover but in a limited capacity so not really a reliable backup.
Not for us....

id go for saha if we need another forward be a good free transfer as back up i know some will say he was at the swamp but everywhere he been he has always scored goals when fit

A non starter for me. It such a shame though because injuries have stopped a very good player to potential world class in my opinion.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:16 pm --<br /><br />
madblue said:
id go for saha if we need another forward be a good free transfer as back up i know some will say he was at the swamp but everywhere he been he has always scored goals when fit

Nope we have enough strikers as it is.

2010-11 Elephant in the room award - Rocky Satnav Cruise

2011-12 Elephant in the room award - Owen Hargreaves

2012-13 Elephant in the room award - ? - Ledley King?

Errr.. I think not. King = McGrath for the 21st Century.

If he was a racehorse, he'd have been put down by now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.