The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

No injuries, a hard working midfield, and defenders who just defend and are well drilled). Oh, and a cracking long ball game (it's not counter attacking, it's long ball). No great secret really, they just have the players that make their system work. Also helps that the squad isn't full of superstars who must get game time, so the manager isn't under pressure to change the team.
That's all reasonable enough. The only doubt I have is this stat where they were the least fit team in the premier league last year and this time around they're top of the pile in that regard. That's some turn around - must have been one hell of a preseason.

Leicester have played extremely well this season with style, team spirit and high confidence levels. I for one wouldn't begrudge them the title and it's impossible not to like Ranieri. However, possibly the biggest factor in their success has been the very low number of injuries they've had this season. Their key players, Mahrez and Vardy, have been available for every single game in all competitions this season. If Leicester had half the injuries City, or even the rags, have had this season they'd be wallowing around lower mid table.

Having said that, their rise this season reminds me of City in 1967-68, an 'unfashionable' team coming from nowhere to win the title. The only difference is that Leicester have been top for a while whereas City timed their run to perfection and didn't go top until well into March.

While the success of Leicester is a fairytale come true, if they are really doping then it further blemishes the integrity of football, not that there is much integrity in the first place. Maybe it's a bit of a cynical thought, but they are damn lucky this season with nearly no injuries. So the claim of the doctor truly needs thorough investigations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.