The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

They have the least possession and one of the worst pass completion ratios in the PL. Yet they're top. They were one of the least fit teams last season (or for most of it) yet they suddenly morphed into one of the most fit. While no amount of drugs can turn Vardy into a lethal striker or organise a defence, do people not find it a bit odd?
Yep. Long ball team. It works for them, so crack on. Sam Allardyce must watch them and wonder why they aren't getting the same stick his teams got - league position probably! Hey ho, play to your strengths, and that's exactly what they're doing.

As for drugs - I have no idea. The only thing I'd say is that there is a huge industry in trying to beat drugs tests. Lance Armstrong done it for years, and was only outed properly by whistle blowers. There are other examples across sports, with some very high profile athletes - some will probably go undetected.

You said calling me out in my shite. What are you calling me out on?
Like I say, remember your rule, the one you created and established when you were having your tantrum.
It's self explanatory. You said imagine the uproar if we had allegations thrown at us after our title win. I explained that the two weren't comparable. You ignored it and concentrated on the fact I think you're a ****.
I think it's a reasonable assumption that if I create a rule I'm just as inclined to change that rule as and when I feel like.

Didn't they win 7 of their last 8 last season? That euphoria added to whatever Ranieri has brought with him on the fitness side would make more sense.

No, they didn't. They won 6, drew one (against Sunderland) and heavily lost to Chelsea. The six they won were against West Brom, Swansea, Burnley, Newcastle, Southampton and QPR. Except West Brom, I didn't remember the rest being in good form at the end of last season. Newcastle is horrible. Southampton's and Swansea's season tailed off. Burnley and QPR were relegated. So I don't think Ranieri brought that much with him on the fitness side.

Us being bought and then pipping the rags to the title with the final kick of the ball sounds very WWEesque too. Little city beating their bigger city rivals, the noisy neighbours etc. Do you lot believe our success was down to this engineering too? It's as much a good story as Leicesters in my opinion.

Fair point

I would buy the stuff about Vardy (and others) doping but not a cabal of refs

Leicester going from dogshit to title winners, only losing to 2 teams, seems too good to be true.

They're on +41pts since this time last year.

That pts swing would put Sunderland top on 68pts

It's self explanatory. You said imagine the uproar if we had allegations thrown at us after our title win. I explained that the two weren't comparable. You ignored it and concentrated on the fact I think you're a ****.
I think it's a reasonable assumption that if I create a rule I'm just as inclined to change that rule as and when I feel like.
Well I'm going to abide by your rule because I think you're a bit of an odd ball.
Pick up your tampons on the way out.

Can you imagine the uproar on here if the allegations were about our first title? Why do Leicester have to have done something wrong to be in the position they're in?

We were already in the top 3 (finishing joint 2nd - points wise)

What Leicester have done is crazy

Us being bought and then pipping the rags to the title with the final kick of the ball sounds very WWEesque too. Little city beating their bigger city rivals, the noisy neighbours etc. Do you lot believe our success was down to this engineering too?
Funnily enough, we had to take some action to ensure we weren't cheated out of the title that season. Why do you think Peter Walton was shipped out to the USA mid-season and Lee Mason was withdrawn from refereeing our games? It didn't just happen that way. We weren't the ones cheating though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.