The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

Its not so much that they look like they will win it this season its the overnight turnaround at the end of last season too. As someone said, any other sport with this kind of turnaround and it would be talked about how suspisious it was. Shit it at being relegated last season and have just kept it going is my guess.
Whilst it might seem like it was over night to you, I can assure you it really wasn't. I presume you weren't paying much attention to us last year, that's to be expected. But quite often in the press, MOTD, SKY etc they all said how close we were in games and how we were playing so well. Other managers commented that they couldn't believe we were in the position we were. There was only a spell mid season where we were crap.

This was a team that hammered the championship, way beyond what most have done for a long time. I think teams who finished anything close to what we had all had a record of finishing top half their first season back.

We started the season well with draws against Everton and Arsenal (should have won that one), then we hammered United... I'm sure you remember that one. Then for some reason, Pearson started to change formation. He stopped playing wingers, going for a diamond with four CM's in it. That halted us, we lost all the pace from the team. Vardy, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Albrighton found themselves on the bench a lot.

It was only when those mentioned found their way back into the team and we signed Huth did we come out of that slump. Performances were good again, but we got some shit luck and weren't getting what we deserved. Finally we started picking up wins that our performances had merited and confidence just flooded through the team. We also had a favourable run in when you look at it.

I know it probably makes you feel better to believe it's down to drugs. But you aren't going to convince 30+ players, god knows how many staff under pearson and then ranieri, owners, new signings etc etc all to jump on board and start doping. It's ridiculous, many of these are international players, several of them captains. It's just not going to happen.

A player going rogue and seeking help from a dodgy doctor, maybe. A whole club from top to bottom, I just don't think so. We're not even the hardest working team in the league, Christ I think we're 8th in the list of distance covered.

It does - They defend really well.
Then again getting the benefit of the doubt from referees for key decisions helps alot too.
9-2 of key decisions in their favour as opposed to the 11-13 ratio that Spurs, Arsenal, ourselves and the rags are getting helps a lot in close games.
"In their favour" doesn't say whether the decisions were correct though does it, which they are mostly by the rule book. Blasting a ball at someones arm, is not a penalty. I know you've been fecked over on that one this year. But if a decision is correct against us, it's correct. It's like people are moaning about refs not making mistakes against us!

We've had more than our fair share of rubbish decisions this season.

"In their favour" doesn't say whether the decisions were correct though does it, which they are mostly by the rule book. Blasting a ball at someones arm, is not a penalty. I know you've been fecked over on that one this year. But if a decision is correct against us, it's correct. It's like people are moaning about refs not making mistakes against us!

Embrace the next four weeks or so and enjoy the feeling that winning the league brings. It's still the most emotional I've ever felt when Aguero scored. Nothing will ever come close. You're not quite gonna get it in those circumstances - I doubt anyone will ever again but your story is certainly one which brings its own narrative.
Good luck to you.

Any suggestion that Leicester's current achievements are suspicious has to surely be based on more than the use of an 'endurance' drug. Football requires individual skill sets which cannot be hugely improved by simply giving somebody more stamina/endurance. There are so many variables involved in a team game of football that it's absurd to suggest that a poorly performing team becomes a good team just because their stamina has been (artificially) increased.

Vardy's performance this season is like Bony's in reversal. Strange how we're not suspiciously suggesting that Bony was doped by Swansea before he came here though...

...now wait a minute?

Embrace the next four weeks or so and enjoy the feeling that winning the league brings. It's still the most emotional I've ever felt when Aguero scored. Nothing will ever come close. You're not quite gonna get it in those circumstances - I doubt anyone will ever again but your story is certainly one which brings its own narrative.
Good luck to you.

+1

Many decisions gone your favour pal, that's just in the games I've managed to stay awake and watch. Just enjoy the moment

Good luck to you.
Ha ha bloody hell I was emotional watching your game when Aguero scored so I can't begin to imagine.

I have to say, it's very hard to enjoy at the moment. Whilst it was massive with you guys, I think you probably knew you'd get another shot at some point. For us, well... it's kind of now or never, and that feeling is terrifying. Whilst the players are talking a good game at the minute, our football has gone to shit. That's 100% down to nerves and the fear of losing.

I feel terrible at the moment, game days are almost unbearable. IF we do it, and it's a big IF still for me.... I'd imagine the release will mean me on my knees on the pitch sobbing my eyes out like a little kid.

Many decisions gone your favour pal, that's just in the games I've managed to stay awake and watch. Just enjoy the moment
People tend to ignore many of the others against us, Okazaki getting kicked in the chest Sunday. Huth having his shirt literally pulled off against Palace, soft as shit red card at Arsenal, Villa playing basketball before slotting home the equaliser. I especially found Koeman moaning about two handballs (that are not pennos to the letter of the law) when he had a clear as day offside goal at their place earlier this season. I could go on.... I'm not bitter though. Ahem.

Whilst it might seem like it was over night to you, I can assure you it really wasn't. I presume you weren't paying much attention to us last year, that's to be expected. But quite often in the press, MOTD, SKY etc they all said how close we were in games and how we were playing so well. Other managers commented that they couldn't believe we were in the position we were. There was only a spell mid season where we were crap.

This was a team that hammered the championship, way beyond what most have done for a long time. I think teams who finished anything close to what we had all had a record of finishing top half their first season back.

We started the season well with draws against Everton and Arsenal (should have won that one), then we hammered United... I'm sure you remember that one. Then for some reason, Pearson started to change formation. He stopped playing wingers, going for a diamond with four CM's in it. That halted us, we lost all the pace from the team. Vardy, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Albrighton found themselves on the bench a lot.

It was only when those mentioned found their way back into the team and we signed Huth did we come out of that slump. Performances were good again, but we got some shit luck and weren't getting what we deserved. Finally we started picking up wins that our performances had merited and confidence just flooded through the team. We also had a favourable run in when you look at it.

I know it probably makes you feel better to believe it's down to drugs. But you aren't going to convince 30+ players, god knows how many staff under pearson and then ranieri, owners, new signings etc etc all to jump on board and start doping. It's ridiculous, many of these are international players, several of them captains. It's just not going to happen.

A player going rogue and seeking help from a dodgy doctor, maybe. A whole club from top to bottom, I just don't think so. We're not even the hardest working team in the league, Christ I think we're 8th in the list of distance covered.
It was overnight, you were all but down, odds on favourites in terrible form and them magically just started winning every match and now look like winning the league. any other sport and people would be seeking an investigation. You cannot deny that, it may be kosher but its hollywood stuff and very iffy to me and alot of others. Its akin to the British no5 winning 2 grand slams in a row after a carrer playing challengers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.