The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

It seems they are under investigation for fiddling FFP according to our resident superfan David Conn. I wonder what the sanctions are if found guilty?
Ha ha... that man is an utter twit. He's been peddling that story for a year and a half, funnily enough it pops up every time national or international interest peaks in Leicester. The bloke posted the same story about 8 times on his twitter feed last night. Have the Guardian really resorted to click bait articles as well?

I have no problem him writing the article, what I have an issue with is the way he rights it and how he repeats himself to just get clicks. He tries to paint the picture that we somehow cheated promotion, that's a load of nonsense. Clubs are free to break FFP if they wish to and still get promoted (or not in the case of many others), if you do break it then you either get a transfer ban (if you're still in the football league) or a fine if you get promoted. I await his knife job on Bournemouth who did exactly the same to gain promotion!

I'd agree that it looks a clear attempt by the club to avoid the fine, so if we're guilty of anything it's creative accounting to avoid a fine. He tries to make out we got promotion on the back of a load of dodgy money. No, the owners wanted to invest their cash and get us promoted. I'm not sure Leicester spending money to get out of the Championship is much of a story, anyone with a tiny interest in football probably knows we'd invested in players under Sven (which were all shit and were still costing us money on promotion despite them all being off loaded by Pearson)

Oh absolutely, as I said already you got done big time with the handball and some other decisions. I'm just not buying the "we're" lucky stuff, when to the letter of the law most decisions have been correct. Yeah ref could easily of given them the other way, but if they were right they were right.

At the moment the media are trotting out one nasty article after another. Even the nice ones are now tinged with bitterness and the knives are out. You'd think the free flowing, high scoring games at the start of the season never existed and we have hoofed and scraped our way through the season. History being re-written before our eyes... Spurs struggling for goals early on and scraping past teams never happened. The fact they have been involved in as many low scoring games as us and only scored 3 more totally over looked.

We're drug cheating, hoof balling, racist, FFP dodging little shits, winning the league by default.

Well, it's your own fault for not being Spurs!

I don't mind Spurs really, but the bootlicking is a bit OTT. When Hoddle and Bent 'Arry are wheeled out, you know you've upset someone.

I assume you saw Redknapp claiming Morgan has been overlooked for England!

I'd agree that it looks a clear attempt by the club to avoid the fine, so if we're guilty of anything it's creative accounting to avoid a fine. He tries to make out we got promotion on the back of a load of dodgy money. No, the owners wanted to invest their cash and get us promoted. I'm not sure Leicester spending money to get out of the Championship is much of a story, anyone with a tiny interest in football probably knows we'd invested in players under Sven (which were all shit and were still costing us money on promotion despite them all being off loaded by Pearson)

But FFP was written to prevent that type of thing! It's Wrong in the eyes of the Sky4 for an owner to invest in his business and create competition. Evil evil Leicester!

Ha ha... that man is an utter twit. He's been peddling that story for a year and a half, funnily enough it pops up every time national or international interest peaks in Leicester. The bloke posted the same story about 8 times on his twitter feed last night. Have the Guardian really resorted to click bait articles as well?

I have no problem him writing the article, what I have an issue with is the way he rights it and how he repeats himself to just get clicks. He tries to paint the picture that we somehow cheated promotion, that's a load of nonsense. Clubs are free to break FFP if they wish to and still get promoted (or not in the case of many others), if you do break it then you either get a transfer ban (if you're still in the football league) or a fine if you get promoted. I await his knife job on Bournemouth who did exactly the same to gain promotion!

I don't think you'll get much argument from City fans on your first line.

Sky absolutely love this "luck" angle at the minute, they got a ref to go through all the decisions and he's said they were pretty much all correct. In fact, there were more wrong against than for if I remember rightly.

You have to realise that outside the original SKY 4 and Spurs, any team that has success is 'lucky'. The credit you will get for winning the league will be through gritted teeth from a lot of the press as you will stop Spurs winning the league for the first time in 55 years. You are not on your own. When we beat United to the league we were viewed as lucky by many pundirs and journalists. Same when we won the league in 2014.

In my opinion, you have had a large slice of luck this season but then you can hardly be criticised for that as you have a much lower budget than the likes of ourselves, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs so it is hardly a level playing field as it is.

I imagine you have come across a number of Derby and Forest fans. From experience, I know they are arrogant and deluded, and no doubt took the piss out of Leicester for the relative lack of success they have had. Stick it to them. Give it back to them in spades.

You will do well on here fella.

The next story will involve human rights abuses by your owners etc etc etc.

You will do well on here fella.

The next story will involve human rights abuses by your owners etc etc etc.
Oh we've already had similar. Scams in their shops, security staff kidnapping people and extorting money, links to unsavory types etc etc. Despite them actually being pretty upstanding people as far as foreign owners go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.