The "which famous person died today" thread

the only Vampyre to ever play snooker, RIP Ray Reardon
I was listening to Talk Sport yesterday and they had some.young lad on who is a snooker player and I cast my mind back to watching Pot Black in the 70's with the likes of Ray Reardon, Eddie Charlton, Terry Griffiths etc and they all looked ancient then (as did the darts players) there certainly wasn't lads in their 20's. I guess Steven Hendrie was the first genuine new kid on the table. Steve Davies was certainly young when he came on the scene but he had an old outlook.
RIP Ray Reardon. I've never watched snooker on TV other than pot black as a kid and he was certainly one of the golden players of that era.

Ray was my snooker hero when I was a kid and I played a lot. Watched him live more than a few times a snooker genius and genuinely nice man. Saw him and John Spencer in an exhibition match around ‘71. They just knocked in century after century and everyone had a good laugh while they did it. RIP Ray.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.