The worst thing about farcical officiating

Sweep, sweep, sweep under the carpet. Imagine if this had happened against LiVARpool?! How many petitions would the victims have up and running by now?! I know of course it would never happen to them!

this post sums it up perfectly

Post in thread 'United (A) | Post Match Thread'
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/united-a-post-match-thread.358197/post-15619284

this wasn’t subjective imo, it was clear as day offside and affecting play.

hard to swallow but not surprising in the slightest. i’d be embarrassed if i was a united fan (even more so than usual) hardly the slaughtering they’re claiming when they needed a wrong decision from the ref to walk away with anything from that game.
i agree with it all, it is without a doubt hard understand. im just laughing at united fans now that ive calmed down (was fuming earlier and had a drink now). they constantly say we dont matter and are irrelevent yet they are out here celebrating like theyve won the world cup while still 3rd.

We got beat and yes it was a bad decision but let’s face it we played average at best and didn’t deserve to win either . These decisions happen and it went against us but last season we got lucky with the Rodri handball at Everton so it is what it is . Atm our form and lack of it is all on pep with his stupid fucking tinkering trying to be a genius and it’s costing us big time . Let’s get the players playing in there best positions and give players like grealish foden kdb freedom to express themselves Instead if wanting to keep them in shackles .
Ederson
Walker / lewis stones Dias cancelo
Silva Rodri kdb / grealish
Mahrez haaland foden .
And we stick with it even if we are not at it because the team will come back to form . Tine to earn your contract pep .
I think Pep has already earned his contract...

Usually I believe the poor decisions have been down to ineptitude but today actually felt like cheating. Not sure that's it's part of anything wider etc but it actually felt ridiculous

You're not even close to being alone. I have always disliked losing, a great deal, lol. But right now I'm feeling different. It's hard to explain. Of course I feel disappointed that we lost, but I'm also feeling sad in a melancholy type of way. A bit depressed. Sad that a sporting event at supposedly the highest level in the world can be shattered by such a complete disregard for fair play. It destroys the entire integrity of the game. How does the ref not take the time to go to the monitor and see that the goal can clearly not be allowed to stand. If there's no recourse against something that grotesquely wrong then what's the point? I could not believe what I was seeing.
Totally agree with you. City weren't particularly great today in truth. However, had the whole farce (that was their first goal) not happened and they just got the 2nd I would have been irritated at our crap defending, but would have felt a draw probably a fair enough result.
What was hard to take was the justification of saying Rashford was not interfering with play(WTF?) and the total disregard of the monitor at pitch side(?) Earlier I posted on another thread saying I wasn't in to all these conspiracy/agenda theories, however...after today, I'm not so sure?
There was no way in a million years that was ever going to be disallowed, not matter how obviously it should have been. It just looked such a very 'suspicious' decision.
The Premier League and their SKY/BT buddies quite clearly desperately want at least one of their 'chosen ones' at ,or near the top (and one of them is a fair way off, so it's the other one this season).
True, last season we had the benefit of the doubt with the Rodri 'handball' at Everton. It was a lot less dubious than today though, and ofcourse the penalty may not have been scored anyway.
After today I just wonder how many 'suspect' decisions the Rags will get if they are there or there abouts come April/May(especially if its between us and them).
Much though I don't like to question the officials intergretity it makes me (and obviously many others )extremely suspicious. It does take away a lot of the enjoyment out of the game. Like most, I've seen us play really shit many times and get battered by much better teams..but when you feel you have been cheated by supposedly 'neutral' officials it feels a bit different!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.