The worst thing about farcical officiating

There was nothing between the sides in the first half. Second half up until the goal we were by far the better side. On this basis I’d say we definitely deserved to win, even if it was far from our best performance.
I can see where you’re coming from but they should’ve been 2-0 up by half time, if we had their first half chances I’d want to be 2-0 up anyway

The official Ifab law book for 2022-23 (rule 11.2) says:

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
1. Preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or

2. Challenging an opponent for the ball or

3. Clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or

4. Making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or

• gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
1. Rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar, match official or an opponent

2. Been deliberately saved by any opponent

if anyone can tell me which bit of the above LOTG doesn’t put Rashford offside then, pray tell. Also remember he has run 20 yards with the ball inches from him

b35f92d8d88bcee2d70964c98a4327b9.jpg

The official Ifab law book for 2022-23 (rule 11.2) says:

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
1. Preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or

2. Challenging an opponent for the ball or

3. Clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or

4. Making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or

• gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
1. Rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar, match official or an opponent

2. Been deliberately saved by any opponent

if anyone can tell me which bit of the above LOTG doesn’t put Rashford offside then, pray tell. Also remember he has run 20 yards with the ball inches from him
Been said by other people, but we will never witness a goal given like this ever again.

Totally agree with you. City weren't particularly great today in truth. However, had the whole farce (that was their first goal) not happened and they just got the 2nd I would have been irritated at our crap defending, but would have felt a draw probably a fair enough result.
What was hard to take was the justification of saying Rashford was not interfering with play(WTF?) and the total disregard of the monitor at pitch side(?) Earlier I posted on another thread saying I wasn't in to all these conspiracy/agenda theories, however...after today, I'm not so sure?
There was no way in a million years that was ever going to be disallowed, not matter how obviously it should have been. It just looked such a very 'suspicious' decision.
The Premier League and their SKY/BT buddies quite clearly desperately want at least one of their 'chosen ones' at ,or near the top (and one of them is a fair way off, so it's the other one this season).
True, last season we had the benefit of the doubt with the Rodri 'handball' at Everton. It was a lot less dubious than today though, and ofcourse the penalty may not have been scored anyway.
After today I just wonder how many 'suspect' decisions the Rags will get if they are there or there abouts come April/May(especially if its between us and them).
Much though I don't like to question the officials intergretity it makes me (and obviously many others )extremely suspicious. It does take away a lot of the enjoyment out of the game. Like most, I've seen us play really shit many times and get battered by much better teams..but when you feel you have been cheated by supposedly 'neutral' officials it feels a bit different!!!
What always makes be laugh about that Rodri handball is 1. There was no guarantee they would’ve scored the pen & 2. It’s been used to justify half a dozen big decisions against us, even camel gob said these things even themselves out over a season, basically saying we got fucked over

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.