The worst thing about farcical officiating

Never heard of Calciopoli?

From wiki. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calciopoli

"It was a sports scandal in Italy's top professional association football league Serie A and to a lesser extent Serie B. Involving various clubs and numerous executives, both from the same clubs and from the main Italian football bodies (AIA, FIGC, and LNP), as well as some referees and referee assistants, the scandal was uncovered in May 2006, when a number of telephone tappings showed relations between clubs' executives and referee organizations during the football seasons of 2004–05 and 2005–06, being accused of selecting favourable referees."
Yup. The netflix series 'Bad Sports' is WELL worth a watch.

What gets to me the most is it's not subtle anymore, I thought the call against Wolves was the most blatant bad call of the season until yesterday. I can live with VAR missing a 50/50 penalty call, or calling a close offside one way to the other I'm used to that after years and years of watching the game. What I'm not used to us refs blatantly influencing results like they did yesterday and the Wolves/Scousers game.

Now we have PGMOL justifying blatantly bad decisions and referees nearly every other game. It's a disgrace and something needs to be done about it. I don't expect it to though that requires the refs, the FA and co admitting they've made mistakes. Plus the commentary of the game just ignored it and barely covered it, so they're in on it as well it felt like anyway.

I've always enjoyed our success cause deep down I've known it's against the authorities wishes.....just yesterday it was that blatant I still can't believe it happened and am still furious about it. I can live with losing fair and square but not like that.

VAR should be a good thing but it can only be as good as those using it and there is the problem. What happened yesterday needs an enquiry, its beyond any reason that the goal should of been allowed. If that was the other way around Sky and the rest of the media would make a huge issue about it. City really need to push this as the bias is so blatent they are taking the utter piss.

The rule was applied correctly.
The problem is the rule is stupid and not specific enough.
The not interfering part should refer to a player stood near the corner flag or when they do that thing and put their hands up to show they aren't going for the ball.

The rule will be changed next season because of the goal yesterday.

Normally an off side player is normally involved in a split second. Like a shot comes in and a player moves out of the way or be blocking the keepers view.

Yesterday Rashford ran about 30 yds with the ball basically under his control ( its Rashford game to chase the ball and hit it ). Looked like he was going to shot ( like normal )

All City players are being drawn towards Rashford. Rashford doesnt shot because he got a shout.

The goal was clearly offside because Rashford interfered with play by following the ball to the last second, in effect shielding the ball. This caused uncertainty in the City defence. It's as simple as that. How a professional referee cannot come to that conclusion with all the external help at hand defies belief. Only in this country with our clown joker referee's is that allowed to stand. CL and its offside everyday of the week.

The rule was applied correctly.
The problem is the rule is stupid and not specific enough.
The not interfering part should refer to a player stood near the corner flag or when they do that thing and put their hands up to show they aren't going for the ball.

The rule will be changed next season because of the goal yesterday.
How was the rule applied correctly?If Rashford was not interfering in play it was a simple pass back to Ederson, by simply being where he was Rashford was interfering with play. This is due to some ref trying to be smart and expecting praise for a great decision when all he has done is make himself and the rules look idiotic.

It's not us.

Scudamore on the Rag's:

“It’s a double-edged sword. When your most popular club isn’t doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places. There are lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again,”
There are more fans around the world who are happy for the scum to never win anything ever again too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.