The worst thing about farcical officiating

I dont believe it's fixed. The UAE is an incredibly profitable region for PL football and having City go back to back to back as champions would help that. Not to mention the story of Haaland coming in and asserting dominance with a PL title.

I believe the standard of football refereeing is in the shitter because:

Referees never have to publicly explain their dogshit decision making

Managers get a microphone shoved in their face after controversial moments (caused by referees) and are threatened with a fine for questioning their decisions.

There is zero transparency with VAR and what they're looking at (in rugby league, the referee and the video referee are talking on a live feed, the ref gives his assessment of what happened before video review)

I just want referees to be accountable for their mistakes. The standard of refereeing will get better quickly if they get reviewed on any kind of public scale.
The UAE is not going to stop watching if City don't win the league every year

The worst thing about today, past incidents and future ones regarding officials and VAR is it’s left me feeling fuck all about the game in general and even results like today.

It’s no longer a surprise being shafted. It’s expected.

The game is utterly fucked as a spectacle imo and no, I’m not over reacting.

I would think many people, and not just City fans, would agree with this. Really it would be nice to see Pep step up to the plate and say something similar, but he doesn't want to rock the boat either.
Pep should say I hope Attwell enjoys walking his dog Cantona tomorrow morning with his kids Macari and Robson

I wanted to also expand on my response:

I think our continued dominance despite efforts to hinder us via regulatory intervention (some legal, some highly dubious) and the collapse of the ESL was the last straw for the Liverpool and United ownership groups. They wanted guarantees of stature, relevance, engagement, and—ultimately—revenue, as exist in most American sports. But now that they can’t have that, they want out.

And the league must be quite concerned about that (and the ESL debacle), hence the intensified efforts to create more variability and opportunity for the cash cow clubs.
Plus Mendy’s acquittal on most of the charges against him is boiling some serious piss in the WhattsApp Group.

As you said, earlier it should be just about the sporting contest but there seems to be a lot lore to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.