The worst thing about farcical officiating

Am I completely by myself here?
No you're not.

Honestly - after 50 plus years as a match-going supporter and ST holder, I think I'm done.

I will follow City via BM and from a distance but I will no longer put my cash into a game which, as a sporting contest, is being blatantly manipulated in favour of specific clubs in the interest of revenue, profit and product.

Being emotionally invested in City does not mean I'm willing to be treated by the sport as a brainless moron.

can we clarify if the decisio was ‘right’ or wrong based on the laws.

i’ve heard different things throughout the day
In my interpretation of the Laws of the Game, Ederson is affected by Rashford in this part of the Offside Law:

a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball

Ederson holds his run out because he sees Rashford running towards the ball and has been impacted in his ability to come out and clear the ball. So Rashford has interfered with play.

That’s how I see it and anyone who sees me post on here a lot will know I’m very neutral when it comes to referee decisions and I don’t think everyone is out to get City. I dead-eye it in terms of the Laws all the time.

Did I say they would?

My point is that there is no financial reason for there to be a fix against us and it isn't detrimental to PL viewership if we win the league.
It's not us.

Scudamore on the Rag's:

“It’s a double-edged sword. When your most popular club isn’t doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places. There are lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again,”

If that had been given at Goodison against Everton today such is the toxic nature there right now I'm pretty sure it would have prompted violence. Terrible decision.

can we clarify if the decisio was ‘right’ or wrong based on the laws.

i’ve heard different things throughout the day
It depends entirely on how one interprets “interfering with play”.

Hundreds of other referees with hundreds of other previous incidents have interpreted a player running toward a ball (or, in this case, running 20 yards over the ball) from an offside position to be “interfering with play”, including on several occasions in other matches today.

But apparently this particular referee interpreted it differently in our match.

Football is as bent as boxing

Just like the A-side always gets the dodgy decision on their own promoters card, NEVER the opponent, now we see it in football all the time now, certain teams are always getting these decisions.

If any team scores that goal today, not United, it gets ruled out. Same as the Salah goal the other week, that also never gets given at the other end of the pitch.

All VAR has done has made the bent officials more obvious and they still couldn’t give a shit because they’re never held accountable.

Boxing was always my favourite sport and I grew up boxing and have fallen out of love with it because it’s just completely bent , and sadly I’m starting to feel a similar way about football. It’s just become a farce now. Even reflecting on the World Cup, nobody can convince me that Argentina were not helped by the officials. They had a soft penalty in nearly every game and wasn’t even checked by VAR usually. FIFA wanted Messi to win the World Cup and Argentina got plenty of help on the way to the final. Obviously they still have to do a large part themselves but if you can get an extra 10% help from the officials, that can be enough to push you over line and knock an opponents in-game confidence.

The game has gone to shit and that’s not because we lost today. I can take losing fair and square, like the Southampton game. It’s just blatantly obvious on days like today that officials are part of some agenda.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.