The worst thing about farcical officiating

Its not just city , other teams seem to get very suspect decisons

Love city but im done with it ....

Cancelled sky and bt after that today ... will check the scores but wont watch anymore

Sad sad day

Ctid
I'v never had them nor never will
even if i could afford them,which I can't
fuck the armchairs.

I'd rather it go back to how it was in the 1970's when I a kid and teams like Forest and Derby could win the league

Did I say they would?

My point is that there is no financial reason for there to be a fix against us and it isn't detrimental to PL viewership if we win the league.
There is very much a financial (and viewership) reason for us not to win the league — PL executives have come out and said it many times.

There is more viewership and revenue after one of the cash cow clubs win the league, and less revenue the longer non-cash cow clubs dominate (loss of sponsorship/advertising revenues, fan or casual follower engagement, merchandising revenues, etc).

We simply do not bring in the same overall revenues for the league (short-term and mid-term) by winning back-to-back-to-back titles.

Now, we may eventually become a cash cow club, but we aren’t there yet, and the league are now getting very nervous with the likes of Liverpool and United ownerships looking to sell and the ESL situation (which hasn’t actually gone away).

Worst thing about today.

It's finally killed off my love of football.
Turned it off when they allowed the offside goal.
Not looked at any scores since.
Will use my ticket for most of the last games only cos I've already paid for it.
Won't be renewing and won't be watching any football after this season.
I've really have had enough of it

There is very much a financial (and viewership) reason for us not to win the league — PL executives have come out and said it many times.

There is more viewership and revenue after one of the cash cow clubs win the league, and less revenue the longer non-cash cow clubs dominate (loss of sponsorship/advertising revenues, fan or casual follower engagement, merchandising revenues, etc).

We simply do not bring in the same overall revenues for the league (short-term and mid-term) by winning back-to-back-to-back titles.

Now, we may eventually become a cash cow club, but we aren’t there yet, and the league are now getting very nervous with the likes of Liverpool and United ownerships looking to sell and the ESL situation (which hasn’t actually gone away).
The Premier League revenue has never been higher and never gone up at as high a percentage as in our period of dominance.

We are the biggest cash cow the Premier League has ever had.

The Premier League is the biggest league in the world by a mile now because of us and the way we have won the league in the most exciting seasons in English league and probably any other league history.

Teams in the bottom half regularly buy players from teams in the Champions League because of the Premier League rights being sold for record after record while we dominate English football and create exciting league title run-ins in the manner we do. That rarely happened in United’s era of dominance and even more rarely in Liverpool’s.

Last edited by a moderator:
can we clarify if the decisio was ‘right’ or wrong based on the laws.

i’ve heard different things throughout the day

Its not just city , other teams seem to get very suspect decisons

Love city but im done with it ....

Cancelled sky and bt after that today ... will check the scores but wont watch anymore

Sad sad day

Ctid
Feel exactly the same bud. It’s only habit and nostalgia keeping me watching. I’m finding myself not watching some games now. Still enjoy going the games but I don’t think I’ll watch much on tv anymore. It’s just a load of all bollox now

The Premier League revenue has never been higher and never gone up at as high a percentage as in our period of dominance.

We are the biggest cash cow the Premier League has ever had.

The Premier League is the biggest league in the world by a mile now because of us and the way we have won the league in the most exciting seasons in English league and probably any other league history.

Teams in the bottom half regularly buy players from teams in the Champions League because of the Premier League rights being sold while we dominate English football. That rarely happened in United’s era of dominance and even more rarely in Liverpool’s.
You are correct that the league has benefited from us becoming a major player. I have talked about that at length for some time.

But I was referring to to overall revenue across the league, including at individual clubs. And was also referring to revenue projections and league plans, which also reflect my stance.

I am not sure how one can argue that the league wants us to continually win the league every season and that they believe they benefit from it? Their own statements and disclosures say otherwise.

Nor do I think one can argue that the growth we have seen since we first won the league is entirely down to our dominance (and thus directly compare it to periods of United and Liverpool dominance prior to what could be considered the modern iteration of the PL). There are so many outside factors that contributed to the PL becoming the most watched league in the world, none less than English being a dominate language across football markets.

In fact, there are some that would argue that the league would have made even more money if we had become a major player but had *not* dominated as we have these last five or so years. Many of them are among the PL leadership.

And we are by no means the league’s biggest cash cow. Where have you seen figures stating that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.