The Youth

No.

Previous generations said "I want my children to have what I never had".

Nowadays, it's "I want my children to have what I had".
The discussion was about complaining about the youth of today, not about generational wealth creation. However, we are on the precipice of the largest wealth transfer in history, as Boomers start to retire and die, so it’s not all bad for tomorrow.

That said, wealth inequality will only be exacerbated by this, as those with means often produce children who emulate, or at least strive for, the success of their parents.

Hopefully when the TOCs are renationalised we can start to have some more common sense pricing. Just need the ROSCOs to not charge a fortune for leasing shitty old rolling stock back to the government. Its been a license to print money for the likes of Angel Trains, Porterbrook etc for far too long.
If we're getting Great British Energy there's no reason we couldn't have Great British Rolling Stock.

She is moving to Scotland shortly but thanks for the link.
Even 220k is £1200 a month. It is madness.
It's an extreme example but I paid off my first mortgage in four years!

Back to the purpose of the thread, young people are just rejecting many of the principles that my generation lived by. I was raised that you get educated, get a job, get married, buy a house and have kids. I didn't know myself when I was younger, but now I do there is no way that such a linear path would be my choice. I certainly wouldn't be doing the swathes of unpaid overtime in the belief that it would help my career, nor marrying at an age when I didn't even know who I was. I would be off seeing the world, realising that health and wellbeing should be my driving forces.
Just to give a bit of perspective, Renting a bog standard 2 bed terrace in Radcliffe is now between £700- £900 per month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.