This place makes me laugh......

What has happened to us since Mancini's arrival? Where has all the attacking flair gone? We don't seem to have any swagger anymore. Why has this stopped? On the plus side we do seem more solid defensively but why can't we have a happy medium? We were great to watch going forward under Hughes but couldn't defend for our lives, and now we are so negative, even at home, prefering to grind out results. During the Portsmouth and Bolton games we didn't play well but did enough, away from home it isn't enough - like at Hull. What is going to happen when we face Chelsea and Liverpool? Or even when we play Stoke next week? I honestly don't see us getting anything from there. The attendance was piss poor today and I believe that's because we don't play attractive football. Going to COMS recently has been tedious, this reflects in the atmosphere being flat (the Stoke fans were right about us today, they put us to shame) and this is because of the pedestrian football we now play, and our style of football is down to the manager. I understand people will say 'look at the table, best performance since x, y and z' but with this style of play does anyone think we will seriously maintain it and push on to the next level? Will playing this way win us the league? I don't think it will. I am not saying 'Mancini Out' but he hasn't won me over at all.

jimharri said:
Grimble said:
I rarely understand this place. Midweek and results went our way and you would think getting into the top 4 is now a stroll. Then one draw later and we are back to being awful and half the team isn't worthy. The over the top reaction to any result we have is cringeworthy.
Post of the day, without a shadow of a doubt. You have it absolutely spot on. Pity some of the less rational people on here can't see themselves in a cyberworld mirror. I'm sure they would cringe.

its cause the people tha have supported hughes and now say the fotball is crap are out in force but when we do well they stay away and vice versa

dw7 said:
i dont blame manchini but there is somethig horriably wrong at the club for the shit that we have to watch

There is nothing 'horribly wrong'.

Pros
We are the richest club in the world.
We have some fantastic players.
We are joint fourth.
We made the semi of the Carling Cup and went out in the last minute.
We are in the draw for the Quarter finals of the FA Cup.
We have a new manager who has won (I think) nine games in less than two months.

Cons
We are not playing as well as we know we can, but still winning the vast majority of games that we play.

There is nothing horribly wrong.

Whilst it was a poor performance today, my twopenn'orth is...

I agree with the op, there does seem a lot of that going on at times. Stoke identified our weak areas and played to exploit them, so did their job

Sometimes we fail to give the opposition a bit of credit for making it difficult for us to play and break them down. Now Stoke are no great shakes and realistically, it's not unreasonable to expect to beat them. But we are still in the draw for the next round, were missing a couple of key players and as I've already said, Stoke managed to do their job.

Chill.

dw7 said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
I think we are better than them. I think we should beat them if everyone has a good day. I don't think it is as black and white as to say we 'definitely should' as you seem to think. And I definitely don't think a draw in a cup game with a second chance replay is worthy of a temper tantrum.

And I should just point out that the only victories against any of those four teams this year have come under Mancini. Hughes drew with Bolton, Hull and Burnley (last two at home) and didn't play Stoke. Mancini has beaten Stoke and Bolton and hasn't even played Burnley yet.

i dont blame manchini but there is somethig horriably wrong at the club for the shit that we have to watch

we arent playing very well but horribly wrong is over the top, at the moment we are in a good position lets see what happens before we get all hysterical, this forums like reading the gutter press

Thatchersforearm said:
What has happened to us since Mancini's arrival? Where has all the attacking flair gone? We don't seem to have any swagger anymore. Why has this stopped? On the plus side we do seem more solid defensively but why can't we have a happy medium? We were great to watch going forward under Hughes but couldn't defend for our lives, and now we are so negative, even at home, prefering to grind out results. During the Portsmouth and Bolton games we didn't play well but did enough, away from home it isn't enough - like at Hull. What is going to happen when we face Chelsea and Liverpool? Or even when we play Stoke next week? I honestly don't see us getting anything from there. The attendance was piss poor today and I believe that's because we don't play attractive football. Going to COMS recently has been tedious, this reflects in the atmosphere being flat (the Stoke fans were right about us today, they put us to shame) and this is because of the pedestrian football we now play, and our style of football is down to the manager. I understand people will say 'look at the table, best performance since x, y and z' but with this style of play does anyone think we will seriously maintain it and push on to the next level? Will playing this way win us the league? I don't think it will. I am not saying 'Mancini Out' but he hasn't won me over at all.

You must have been at a different game then because we played some very attractive attacking stuff first half and with a better final pass could have gone in 3 up. The basic set up here is solid and I for one am starting to see what is coming.Too many negative views on here.

hilts said:
The problem is fans dont even debate why we have a poor performance just spout the usual lazy cliche's every fan up and down the country spout

so and so's shit
the players dont care
mancini is negative
why isnt so and so playing(then when they do why is so shit)

clueless

AGREE!!!

dw7 said:
if you spend 300m over 2 seasons you should be winning the majority of game defo the games agains shit like bolton hull stoke burnley so you argument is fucking bollox

A top side losin the odd game to a shit team is summat thats always happened .. and always will... look at the teams who have beat Chelsea this season, and it was only a few seasons ago when they only lost 1, and that was to a shit team..
there's a little known sayin bout it bein a funny old game or summat.

Anyway, its better to lose points to a team near the bottom than givin points to rivals at the top

hilts said:
dw7 said:

we arent playing very well but horribly wrong is over the top, at the moment we are in a good position lets see what happens before we get all hysterical, this forums like reading the gutter press

bit of an over statement on my part but only giving rm a 6 month contract doesnt really fill me and im gussu=ing the players aswell with confidence

Blue Tooth said:
The basic set up here is solid and I for one am starting to see what is coming.

I think this is exactly the point, and people are missing it.

Mancini has come in and seen the problem we could all see under Hughes - we couldn't defend. Now we can, bar the odd lapse (which, believe it or not, happens to every fucking team) and there are signs that we are starting to flex our attacking muscles again.

He cannot reintroduce that side too quickly IMO or we will just regress back to the shambles we were under Hughes at the end.

Seems ridiculous to have plead for patience from 'supporters' after LESS THAN TWO MONTHS, but that is what we must do ridiculously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.