Those of us who thought Arsenal couldn't be caught, when did you start to believe again?

When we beat them at their place. I knew they would shit themselves and even though we drew with Forest on the Saturday, I had a feeling they knew from that moment that they were second best and still had to come to us. Every game between the Emirates match and the Etihad seemed like do or die for them.

When Zinchenko got nut-megged by an out of sorts Tront to set up the dippers equaliser, then Zinchenko was subbed off a minute later with his head in his hands.

Their cheerleader was broken.

Last edited:
50 points after 19 games is for the absolute greatest. Arsenal being well-coached, with a great sense of unity, and some really good players (but great players? Ødegaard, on the cusp of; Saka very good; anyone else?), didn’t add up to anything like greatness, and it looked like they were over-achieving massively. A great start, but four or five bogies on the back-nine brought them home just under par in favourable conditions by the end, for a hugely creditable, but ultimately clear second-place.

We’ve been there, and seen what the 17/18 and 18/19 Blues could do. And they were a great team, but miles ahead of this year’s Arsenal. Hatred of LFC blinded me to the qualities of their team in 18/19 and the asterisk season. I don’t hate Arsenal.

I started to believe when the folks on here who’d been at Forest game said how well we’d played, rather than the usual doom’n’gloom of dropping points. We hadn’t really hit top gear until Arsenal away, and Erling’s goals rather hid that. Forest away was one of 5 away games in a row. Before those 5 we’d beaten Villa, not hugely convincingly, at home, straight after the 100-odd charges, which clearly galvanised the whole club, from the boardroom right down to the pitch. We didn’t look capable of a long unbeaten run until then. Forest told me the run could be starting. That was over 3 months ago, and it’s still going.

As soon as I heard Arsenal fans and pundits in March say they're going to win the league and it's done I knew it was on.
They reminded me of Liverpool in 2014, exactly the same, saying it was done, getting cocky and giving it the big one.

I just knew we'd go on another mad run of games and reel them in, in fact I'm sure I posted exactly that in February/March saying they'll never win it.

I was proved right.

I knew they would shit it. They have gone a long time since their last title win. From April on, you could tell from how Arteta and the players behaved that the pressure was getting to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.