Those working from home

Yep, we’re allowed as long as want lunch time onwards - long as I’ve got everything covered. Can do anything urgent off my phone if needs be.
No fucking wonder you can never get anything done in this country if this is what working from home is. They’ll all be claiming mental health issues because they don’t see anybody and don’t interact face to face with people in about 10 years time

No fucking wonder you can never get anything done in this country if this is what working from home is. They’ll all be claiming mental health issues because they don’t see anybody and don’t interact face to face with people in about 10 years time

lol, if it's any consolation, I'm on call 24/7, have to deal with plenty of work issues throughout nights sometimes and work weekends. I go in office 2 days a week just to show my face. get far more done at home.

WFH 3 days a week (occasionally 4). Hate going into office now as it's not same as pre covid due to redundancies and people leaving. Palace shut Mon/Tues, hardly any staff in and no banter. Think if they push for me to go in 5 days I'll ask about reducing my days to 4 a week with Friday off. We have a guy just moved back to Moldova and working from there plus a guy based in Scotland. I cover various buildings in London (including Tower of London and Kensington palace) plus Hillsborough castle in Northern Ireland so can easily work from home

Loads still are, and loads of places are hiring on that basis, offering the choice.

I don't think any office based employer should be really enforcing one or the other any more, or affecting people's habits that have been built up over the years. Everyone has learned to adjust and that should be a long term legacy imo.
She works for one of the corporate companies that boasts about being flexible but has a boss who wants 2 days a week collaboration. What a bs buzzword

WFH 3 days a week (occasionally 4). Hate going into office now as it's not same as pre covid due to redundancies and people leaving. Palace shut Mon/Tues, hardly any staff in and no banter. Think if they push for me to go in 5 days I'll ask about reducing my days to 4 a week with Friday off. We have a guy just moved back to Moldova and working from there plus a guy based in Scotland. I cover various buildings in London (including Tower of London and Kensington palace) plus Hillsborough castle in Northern Ireland so can easily work from home
True. I went in once of my own accord as it's near town to drop a return off and office had a handful but none in my part of business so noone talked to me and vice versa

True. I went in once of my own accord as it's near town to drop a return off and office had a handful but none in my part of business so noone talked to me and vice versa
Only me and 'new' manager in few weeks ago and neither of us spoke for about 3 hours. I was tempted to start but don't like him and not going to fake it. We've already had numerous arguments in his first 8 months in the job.

WFH since Jan 17, I've had the summer off after my last contract ended and currently looking for one 3 days a week starting in October, criteria is simply pay me the going rate and don't expect me in your office.

Costs me money for software licences, saves me 4 or 5 times as much in time and commuting costs

The game changed with Covid and it's made my decision to wfh much easier to stick to, thanks China :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.