Thoughts on Yesterdays Attendance and Crowd Makeup

Atmosphere will be awesome quarter final stage at home :)

46,800 yesterday was a fantastic achievement by the club,

baildon blue said:
Alex the Blue said:
Good game, good crowd, good atmosphere (not geat), some nice flags. I wonder what some on here expect, it can't be absolutely wonderful and out of this world at every home game.
It would be nice to have a cup tie atmosphere like Hamburg the ground was rocking that night
If its an important game you'll get that. Hamburg was the perfect storm. Big game. Exciting game. Cheap tickets. Also it sold so quick (one day?) that vocal fans were spread around the whole stadium. A lot of the atmosphere problems are related to logistics and acoustics. The most vocal fans are in areas where the sound drifts away.

Didsbury Dave said:
baildon blue said:
Alex the Blue said:
Good game, good crowd, good atmosphere (not geat), some nice flags. I wonder what some on here expect, it can't be absolutely wonderful and out of this world at every home game.
It would be nice to have a cup tie atmosphere like Hamburg the ground was rocking that night
If its an important game you'll get that. Hamburg was the perfect storm. Big game. Exciting game. Cheap tickets. Also it sold so quick (one day?) that vocal fans were spread around the whole stadium. A lot of the atmosphere problems are related to logistics and acoustics. The most vocal fans are in areas where the sound drifts away.

Nearly the whole of the lower tier stood all game too...well in the Kippax anyway (East stand)

Prestwich_Blue said:
Quite a few in 109/110 who couldn't find their seats and didn't realise that Rows AA-DD are not rows A-D.

As for the crowd make-up, I didn't put any moisturiser on but Matty had his foundation on and had plucked his eye-brows.

[bigimg]http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/happy-oh-stop-it-you-l.png[/bigimg]

Considering the amount of new supporters that we had yesterday, i thought it wasn't too bad an atmosphere. Disappointed that the poznan was greeted with a look of wtf in cb1 though!
The best reception i have seen the city players get when the bus pulled up, mainly due to the new youngsters about. It was good to see.

herrock said:
Considering the amount of new supporters that we had yesterday, i thought it wasn't too bad an atmosphere. Disappointed that the poznan was greeted with a look of wtf in cb1 though!
The best reception i have seen the city players get when the bus pulled up, mainly due to the new youngsters about. It was good to see.

Only in parts of CB1. In my section I was the only one on the front row doing it, 123 front row did it and I stood to do it front row 125 and I thought I was getting the people next to me to do it but they gave up almost immediately!!

The atmosphere was never going to be immense against a Championship team and with so many young kids probably experiencing their first day out, but I don't think it was as bad as some are making out. The songs were pretty frequent in the Singing Section so as usual there was something at least, but sitting on the fringes of the Singing Section (107) I noticed not many wanted to join in... I felt a bit awkward at times being one of about 3 people in my vicinity singing. Safe standing needs to hurry up and come to the Etihad in force.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.