Three years of bad transfer dealings

YaYa, Silva and Nasri are our team. Without one we struggle. Without two we are very, very poor.

avoidconfusion said:
citytill1die84 said:
FFP that's all.

I am sorry but that's bollocks. We still spent shitloads of money FFP or not, just in the wrong players

Who would you of brought in over last couple of windows?

Ray78 said:
avoidconfusion said:
citytill1die84 said:
FFP that's all.

I am sorry but that's bollocks. We still spent shitloads of money FFP or not, just in the wrong players

I would have kept De Jong to begin with and I wouldn't have spent the money we spent on the players we got.

avoidconfusion said:
Ray78 said:
avoidconfusion said:

I would have kept De Jong to begin with and I wouldn't have spent the money we spent on the players we got.

De Jong wasn't happy with a squad place and had only one year left on his contract and Mancini was happy for him to go. Two of Mancini's midfield targets didn't want to come to City and our fall back option was Javi Garcia (who did decent job at the club imo,).

simon23 said:
I dont agree with jovetic...he was one of the best players in a city shirt today till he was (wrongly) hauled off - he has been unlock with injuries but thats not the players fault

Navas is bang average and nothing I've seen over the last couple of seasons will change my mind on this...the worst part of his game is his decision making and taking that extra touch

If it were down to me Id sell cabellero, naves, kolorov and Milner now if we could replace them (they should certainly be gone in the summer) and his decision o give kolorov a new deal was a poor one as well (vastly overrated as an attacking threat and extremely poor defensively

Mangala is getting a lot of unfair stick at present as Kompany is playing no better - that is down to Pellegirnis tactics however which constantly puts out centre halves into situations where they are in a no win situation

for me its not about who we have brought in; its more about who we haven't got rid of just as much

Ray78 said:
avoidconfusion said:
citytill1die84 said:
FFP that's all.

For what we spent on Mangala, Fernando and Willy, what's that around £50m, as a conservative estimate? I'd have got a homegrown keeper in for under £1m, pretty sure a decent Championship keeper would be no worse than Willy as back up, it's not like its a position we need to rotate too often. I'd have done whatever the club had to to get Fabregas, who was about £30m. I'd have kept Nasty as back up and Richards, fucked off Boyata and had Komps and MDM as first choice centre backs, maybe address that position properly in summer with a top quality proven one depending on who comes available.

simon 23 you think Mangala is getting undeserved " stick ". 32 million, should be the finished player. FACT We have just got rid of one on loan to Italy, who people kept telling me " he is going to be a good un" Just because you are a bit quick , wont make you a good defender. ask Mr Richards. "

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.