Ticket info for the Capital One Cup Final

de niro said:
bgblue said:
Can't get a ticket = system is shit
I've got a ticket = system works a treat

not true, as I have previously said, the system meant I missed out when we moved to eastlands, for a while I would get tickets off here, Steve King (r.i.p.) was brilliant at helping me out.
I didn't moan or curse the system, its just the way it was.
That seems to be lots of people's opinions, not mine. I've just missed out on a barca ticket because I've not enough points, still going mind :)

bgblue said:
de niro said:
bgblue said:
Can't get a ticket = system is shit
I've got a ticket = system works a treat

not true, as I have previously said, the system meant I missed out when we moved to eastlands, for a while I would get tickets off here, Steve King (r.i.p.) was brilliant at helping me out.
I didn't moan or curse the system, its just the way it was.
That seems to be lots of people's opinions, not mine. I've just missed out on a barca ticket because I've not enough points, still going mind :)

I didn't have enough points for the Old Trafford derbies for a few years
Always got a ticket one way or another though,where there's a will

lancs blue said:
peter.evans said:
In my case I will be writing to the club and demanding to know why I have not been given a good few thousand additional loyalty points for the years I had season tickets at Maine Rd, approximately 20 of them ! I expect them to redress the balance asap ! They must have the records in their systems.

Nope, the reason why the original loyalty points scheme didn't extend further back was that past records for S/T holders, especially in the Swales era, were less than complete - not too much of a surprise really given the general state of the club in those days.

The club must have had decent records at the time they were rebuilding the Kippax. We bought for two years in advance, started in the new platt lane (lost 6-1 at home to Spurs in the quarter final first match), moved to the North Stand and then returned home. Mind you I bet they also lost such records ASAP as crowd attendances were very CREATIVE in PS days. So I don't imagine you will have much luck with your letter. There are . lots of us with a similar record.

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
lancs blue said:
peter.evans said:
In my case I will be writing to the club and demanding to know why I have not been given a good few thousand additional loyalty points for the years I had season tickets at Maine Rd, approximately 20 of them ! I expect them to redress the balance asap ! They must have the records in their systems.

Nope, the reason why the original loyalty points scheme didn't extend further back was that past records for S/T holders, especially in the Swales era, were less than complete - not too much of a surprise really given the general state of the club in those days.

The club must have had decent records at the time they were rebuilding the Kippax. We bought for two years in advance, started in the new platt lane (lost 6-1 at home to Spurs in the quarter final first match), moved to the North Stand and then returned home. Mind you I bet they also lost such records ASAP as crowd attendances were very CREATIVE in PS days. So I don't imagine you will have much luck with your letter. There are . lots of us with a similar record.
Your memory is playing up Spurs was 4-2!

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
lancs blue said:
peter.evans said:

outstanding wumming. welcome to the club.

As I said, it's just an opinion on the system. Good luck to all the ones that have been lucky enough to get tickets. I noticed yesterday that Swansea and Bradford received an additional allocation of 1500 tickets to take their allocations to just over 33,000 each last year. Wonder if that will happen again ?! Somehow I doubt it and have not heard anyone from the club making any sort of comment on whether that might be possible or if they are even trying !

IanBishopsHaircut said:
CARLOS CLASS said:
Hi lads - Sunderland fan here.

First of all - congrats on your win today, always good to see the arrogant cockneys slayed, especially in such a comprehensive manner.

I've got some good mates that are City fans, we go back over 20 years when our groups teamed up on lads holidays for a few years. We are going to be meeting up in London over the CC final weekend, should be great.

We (the Sunderland fans) are making a big thing about the Saturday night at Trafalgar square. Whilst I appreciate that you have loads of big games to pay for these days ( you lucky twats) it would be great to see loads of you out there and make a great night of it.

ps hope you enjoyed our win at OT a tenth as much as we did.

Cheers

Welcome mate

Looking forward to the final

To be honest I've got a lot of love for you lot and you'll always be part of our history now after 93:20 and your Poznan when Nited lost the league

You'll be feeling like all us lot felt when we made the final against Stoke in the FA Cup

Nervous and excited

I think there will be a cracking atmosphere and it will be a great game

Though to be honest I'd have preferred Nited in the final

We would have walked it then..you're our hoodoo team!

Cheers - I agree it should be a great atmosphere. There seems to be genuine good feeling towards the supporters from both sides, which makes a pleasant change.

Just hope you don't get an early goal and spoil the atmosphere (from our point of view anyway). I hope we will give you a decent games, we are improving - but in all honesty I'm going to enjoy the weekend and seeing my team in the final but expect to get beat. You just have too many threats!

I was at your place last week and just tucking into my belly pork in the mancunian lounge (very nice btw and them lasses with the russian hats………wad!) when it was called off.

Have a great weekend, but not too great!

tiptopcheshireblue said:
There has to be some criteria to reward loyality.
I know loads of Sunderland fans, and Sunderland (the city) has gone wembley crazy. Every local wants one, and many think they will miss out.
I dont know what their average attendance is this season in the league or the cups, but they are still vastly over subscribed for a 31000 allocation.
It will be simelar to us against Stoke 3 years ago, when thousands of season ticket holders missed out.

Our average league gate is well over 40k, which given how shit we have been for decades (with the exception of a couple of seasons under Peter Reid when Kevin Phillips couldn't miss) is hard to knock, surely!

Yes we had a really shit crowd on Saturday but there were mitigating factors -

1) Stacks of home cup games (lots of people are skint), that was our 9th home cup tie of the season
2) Poyet stated openly that he was playing the reserves
3) 12.45 ko and the metros were off
4) Pissing down
5) Saving up for Wembley weekend

Wembley Stadium confirmed on their site in a comment that they will not be releasing more tickets

I knew it was unlikely, but worth reporting

Sorry everyone......but if we beat Wigan, there'll be a 2nd chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.