Ticket prices for 2nd leg v PSG.

It's £45 for my ticket, after the £5 seasoncard discount.

On the one hand, it's cheaper than most domestic away games for a Champions League quarter final, but can't help but feel the club have priced this badly.

We're still a predominantly working class fan base, and many will struggle to afford these prices.
For one person for a one of £45 seems ok but when you take into account all the other expense that goes into watching the games over the season you are right the tickets are priced badly .if you not a season ticket holder and wanted to take the wife and kids it is nearly a weeks wage .I no everyone likes a good moan now and again and some on here can get pissed of pretty quickly over minor things ,but never in all the years I have been on blue moon have I seen such anger as this debate has provoked

Here you go Khaldoon, Soriano, and all the other Exec's at City who were part of this shambolic ticket pricing for the home game against PSG.

You weren't there then, but we were, and will still be long after you've all left!

Look, it's full and rocking!

Great night and that's taken from the quieter end.....

I see mention of students getting cheap tickets, is this just for students at Manchester Uni?

I'm a part time uni student (I work and have a seasoncard) but I have never seen any mention of student discount? At £60 I need all the help I can get!

Also paid full price for Kiev but read on here that students got in cheap?

Just gone through the pricing this morning ready for the payment to go out virtually straight away (another huge thanks there city taking it just before payday)

With the discounts it is going to be the same price for me and my lad as it was for the bloody capital one cup final at Wembley.

I know our club are not short of a bob or two but are they now do far removed from the "normal" fan that they have these prices and take it when alot of people are waiting to be paid.

Not impressed city, not impressed at all.

The biggest thing in all this was the emphasis put on us being a working class fan base and the club being a huge part of that community when we got bought out and it being one of the attractions to the owner.

To then see prices like they are now is just ridiculous and something just has to give.

Football is flooded with money yet fans are continually fleeced.

I dont go any more, live and work in Scotland, early starts and weekend shifts have put paid to getting down but even if i could, best part of £40 diesel, £50 match day ticket, £10 parking and say £20 for grub and a pint and its frankly completely unaffordable.

Really do feel for those that do get there and are having to stump up these kind of sums every week in fact, more than once a week when you see how many fixtures we have right now.

Food?
So if you weren't going to the game you wouldn't be eating elsewhere?

Pretty sure compared to eating at home/making your own meal compared to eating out, even at a shit food stall on the ground charging 5 pound for a plain burger or whatever it is nowadays. If you can't walk to the ground from your place, it's probably that. Speaking as a foreigner.....last year for the Barca match, ticket was 50+, budget hotel was 35, drinks/food was 30+ (not including my alcoholism), and not including the next day brekkie. Obviously you can do it for less if you don't drink, just have chips and gravy and a Bovril, and aren't married with kids, but fuck me, what do the club think we are? If they're catering to me, a part time ticket person that manages about 5 matches a year, then ok. My god though, I'm not the be all end all, or at least I shouldn't be. The bread and butter of this club is the people and families that have been going for 20/30/40 years. At Maine Road, you used to walk there and walk home, likely cursing the whole time and that was amazing to see. A completely foreign concept to an American sports fan. Now, when I go to a match, I still walk home with plenty of friends that have been there for many years, but every year, I see more and more people breaking off to the hotels. It's no longer a rush to that last train or watching the clock so you can have a drink and then make the train at Oxford station. Maybe it's a part of getting old, and I'm sure that is partly to blame, but the core of our fan base from even 10-15 years ago is dying or dead. They've been priced out and we are becoming the "Library of the North Part Deux" after the swamp. This will only expedite it. Wake up MCFC. You're out of touch with your fan base that got you here in the first place.

well their twitter was nothing but negative and some on here have quit the cup scheme, so I expect a statement telling us we are getting a free A4 flag or some other tat on all our seats to try to look like we are getting something back. I hardly if ever critisisze the club, and at £40 for me is about what was expected (anything higher is stupid), but to take the money on monday is pathetic leaves me short with the end of the month only a week away they could have waited.

I see mention of students getting cheap tickets, is this just for students at Manchester Uni?

I'm a part time uni student (I work and have a seasoncard) but I have never seen any mention of student discount? At £60 I need all the help I can get!

Also paid full price for Kiev but read on here that students got in cheap?
Don't know. Utd offer cheap tickets for Man Uni students. I've never asked about City tickets as I have a seasoncard and I'm on the Cup schemes.

I'm going to be paying £80 for me and my 2 sons which is ridiculously expensive. They'll definitely be giving tickets away through the schools like they did when I'd paid £95 for Barcelona tickets.
How do they justify £30 a ticket for a 17 year old? Especially after I've already forked out the best part of a grand for season tickets

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.