Ticket prices for 2nd leg v PSG.

Expensive yes, for me though I'm going. I have a weekly social budget for going out, weekends, golf, football and a couple of weekday nights for a few drinks. I will cut my cloth accordingly and attend the game, if it's as poorly attended as some people think hopefully the Club will have a rethink and assess the whole pricing policy. I have sympathy with those who can't afford to go or don't want to pay these prices but it's a personal choice not to go and it's on TV at a pub near you if you don't have BT.

What does dismay me is the aggressive arguments from posters using the emotive £60 argument. It's less for the majority, I'm paying £55 for my Level 2 Colin Bell seat which is the same as I paid for my East Stand seat against Barca last season which was a sell out.

Do the majority want to go back to the yo yo City of yesteryear or enjoy the incredible ride we are on? I've been going since the early 70's and enjoyed (and endured) every moment of being a Blue. I hope for the Club and supporters sakes this one match does not not cause an irreversible divide even affecting just a few hundred fans.

You have lots of money, good for you. You can sit with all the day trippers, selfie stick wankers and people with iPads recording the game, and people you wil never see again. Working class peoples game my Arse !!

Siphoned off to supporters in the cup scheme in supporters clubs
So say 25 members per branch in the cup scheme whose cards are used by supporters clubs for fans not in the scheme. Scheme members would then apply for thier own tickets as 'normal' fans do through the club?

I believe from reading on here that's how the system works which means loads of tickets will be unavailable for stand alone season card holders.
You see it doesn't bother me where or what division we are in,i just want to be able to afford to go and support the club i love like i always have.
Spot on bud, not losing 4-0 every week and winning things is a bonus. A nice one but a bonus.

My love for the club is unconditional.

They are taking your money this MONDAY too if you are in the cup scheme so if you want to opt out of the scheme online then I'd do it now !!!

I think it was of the 36,000 original season ticket holders from our first season at The Etihad only 12,000 remain with "unbroken service" throughout that time. Bearing in mind we generally lose 2,000 season tickets at each renewal that probably stacks up.

As another poster mentioned what is worrying though is the demographic time-bomb we face given the age profile of our support. A lot, like you and me Mike, are in their 50s and are products of the Mercer-Allison era. That generation of support is slowly naturally approaching it's sell by date in terms of match attendance. Cheap pricing for iconic games, like a CL QF, allowing whole families to attend is vital in terms of capturing the next generation. Ultra cheap tickets for students, many of whom aren't from the area, don't support City and won't stay in (greater) Manchester post graduation isn't the answer.

We are aiming to broaden our supporter base outside of the local area and there is nothing wrong with that: we are growing as a club. What is disturbing though is that club figures say that season card holders in Greater Manchester have dropped from 68% a few years ago to 49% this season. Actual sales have increased from 36,000 to 40-42,000 (depending on whether you include premium seats or not) but sales to "locals" have clearly dropped in absolute as well as percentage terms. We are slowly seeing our core support squeezed out. Surely that is not just wrong but incredibly short sighted? This is support that we need to rely on for decades to come in good and bad times.

wheres this from, i cant believe that we suddenly have 20,000 fans from outside greater manchester coming to games. the train stations aren't packed with city fans and i dont see coach loads of fans like other teams. most people on here are from manchester or surrounding towns and most people at the match who I've been stood near are the same. i think its being exaagtered, more fans imo came back when we started to win things. there is no way 20,000 fans just stopped going to the etihad and we somehow replaced them all

Last edited:
I keep reading about cheap tickets for students. I am a Man Uni student. The only offers I have ever seen for students is from Utd (£21 for Watford league game). If City do it, then they don't tell anyone. Maybe they have done it for one off games in previous seasons but I wasn't there then.

All those students in Manchester live here, and many are from Manchester anyway not that that matters. City is for everyone.

I'm at mmu and my gf goes to manchester uni, there are always cheap tickets for the champions league games that you can get from the student union. i had some for the kiev game. most uni students especially ones at manchester uni aren't from manchester, most are international students, on my friends graduation day barely anyone out of about 1,000 came from manchester. barely anyone on my course is either.

That's what businesses exploit
Exactly. And it irritates me seeing fans of all clubs exploited because of their unconditional support.

These businesses are taking the piss.
That players name you sing earns more in a week than many of us will earn in a decade.

This commercial game is not working class whatsoever.

Football is for the people.
This shit is just a product and more and more I feel weak for being exploited because of this love that was conditioned/groomed into me as a child by people around me who also followed City.
Alot cheaper to watch the footy then.

Now it's a fucking piss take.

#FuckModernDayFootball

Anyone else had the survey from the club about the psg game ? Asking what you thought of opposition, if u will be attending and if not why not . Looks like they have got wind of the unrest !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.