Ticket prices for 2nd leg v PSG.

Imagine if all champions league cup scheme members dropped the scheme today ! They couldn't take the cash on Monday and they would shit themselves. What a protest THAT would be !!

(Don't worry you can opt back in next season)

Expensive yes, for me though I'm going. I have a weekly social budget for going out, weekends, golf, football and a couple of weekday nights for a few drinks. I will cut my cloth accordingly and attend the game, if it's as poorly attended as some people think hopefully the Club will have a rethink and assess the whole pricing policy. I have sympathy with those who can't afford to go or don't want to pay these prices but it's a personal choice not to go and it's on TV at a pub near you if you don't have BT.

What does dismay me is the aggressive arguments from posters using the emotive £60 argument. It's less for the majority, I'm paying £55 for my Level 2 Colin Bell seat which is the same as I paid for my East Stand seat against Barca last season which was a sell out.

Do the majority want to go back to the yo yo City of yesteryear or enjoy the incredible ride we are on? I've been going since the early 70's and enjoyed (and endured) every moment of being a Blue. I hope for the Club and supporters sakes this one match does not not cause an irreversible divide even affecting just a few hundred fans.
It's not a choice of not paying extortionate prices and becoming a yo yo club. The amount of money taken through the gate is peanuts in relation to the amount of money from tv etc. The club have a choice . That they choose to rip off the fans should tell you everything you need to know. If they charged £100 would that be ok? After all we might then be able to pay the players or their agents some more.

I'm at mmu and my gf goes to manchester uni, there are always cheap tickets for the champions league games that you can get from the student union. i had some for the kiev game. most uni students especially ones at manchester uni aren't from manchester, most are international students, on my friends graduation day barely anyone out of about 1,000 came from manchester. barely anyone on my course is either.

It's the same at Salford uni aswell

Tuesday was an alarm bell. Not seen the attendance but it might have been one of the lowest of the season and the prices for that were quite decent in comparison but lots were not happy.

A year or so ago a fan who writes in KoTK paid full whack through the cup scheme and then saw that low sales caused the club to offer BOGOFs to get a half decent crowd.

So this guy asked, as a loyal fan, to be charged the same rate as day trippers. He was initially refused but I think he mithered them until they eventually sorted it for him.

If City do not use their loaves they could find themselves with a half empty ground as the cameras of the world show the only English team left.

Liverpool changed their mind very quickly after they were embarrassed on TV, City should do it before they - and we - are.

WOW....some of your above highlighted comments including the Barca ticket one are amazing....and the way you take it upon yourself to represent true City fans. Then you mention that you know thousands of City fans like yourself(Jesus....you know an awful lot).....did you do a full scale survey of these fans??????....have you got some agenda here.

If what you say is true then it seems incredible that we are still managing to get a 54000 average for home games this season.

I'm not taking it upon myself to represent "true city fans" nor do I know thousands of city fans. I'm one fan that knows at least a dozen fans in this situation, I am not alone. Everyone on here will know a number of fans who used to go and now don't due to ticket prices and other things.

And we aren't averaging 54k a game. We're selling 54k a game, there's a big difference.

Do you really think the club are going to give 15000 tickets to staff and corporates?

Who mentioned 15000?

I have said that come any potential final, i will guarantee that there will be folk on any cup scheme that dont get chance of a ticket and i will stick with that.

Note, the cup scheme guarantees only the chance of a ticket and not a guarantee of getting one if you want.

As for my understanding of how supporters clubs often handle away tickets and tickets for games of this nature down the years, being a holder of a season card with the relevant points IS NOT always needed to get a ticket if you get my drift.

Tickets are undoubtedly a rip off, but I think season ticket holders don't realise that this level of ticket price is unfortunately not uncommon for league games.

We normally pay £50/£55 for a ticket when we maje the odd home game, so whilst I know it's a rip off its hardly unexpected. Just shows how unrealistic and out of touch the club is unfortunately.

Didn't you know, Supporters Club Members support Chelski or the rags when City are not playing in a big game!!

I've done it for years;-). When City were not playing a big enough club even in the Mercer era, loads of us would go and watch United playing away or Chelsea wherever they were playing.

Of course when I started joined the supporters club we even went to watch Liverpool and Everton instead of City home games because as everyone knows. City Supporters club members are the Devil Incarnate and not proper fans as we all have imaginary season cards and spout about seeing some bloody German playing at Wembley with a bit of a dodgy neck.

Perhaps one of the Mods can start a "sticky" thread with a vote button - Based upon the PSG prices are you planning to join the Champs League Cup Scheme next season?
Then hopefully this will send a message out to the club, who obviously read this forum.

They are taking your money this MONDAY too if you are in the cup scheme so if you want to opt out of the scheme online then I'd do it now !!!

That's another thing that is annoying. Why do they need to do that? They must know that the vast majority of people get paid at the end of a month. The game isn't until 13th April. That's 21 days before the game is played. I just don't get that policy at all.

Tickets are undoubtedly a rip off, but I think season ticket holders don't realise that this level of ticket price is unfortunately not uncommon for league games.

We normally pay £50/£55 for a ticket when we maje the odd home game, so whilst I know it's a rip off its hardly unexpected. Just shows how unrealistic and out of touch the club is unfortunately.

Ticket prices for non ST holders are a rip off. While people keep buying them though the club won't change its policy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.