Ticket Prices

Yesterday, I took my niece and nephew, another mate took his son and son’s mate, another mate took his two daughters, another mate took his son and nephew, and another mate took his son.

None of us ever usually take the kids with us. A few of them don’t even usually come themselves anymore despite once being season card holders, they dropped away years back because of the incessant price hikes.

The collective ticket prices for everyone I mentioned yesterday was about £125, against Chelsea tickets for that same group would have been around £660. Needless to say that group didn’t all attend the Chelsea game, out of all 14 people I mentioned above I was the only one of the 14 who went to the Chelsea game.

And there you have it.

If City priced PL games affordably, and I don’t mean as cheap as the yesterday’s tickets, as City won’t do that, old fans would come back, and new fans, including families, would start coming to the matches.
We would easily fill a 65,000 capacity stadium, increased by redeveloping the North stand.

My hope, belief, and whispers is City still plan to redevelop the North stand in the near future, but it’s on hold for the foreseeable future. I think City will redevelop the North stand after the Coop Live Arena is built, which is at least 2 years away. City won’t leave Joe Mercer Way and City Square as they currently are, looking rundown, next to a brand new £350mill world class arena. It just doesn’t make sense. I think City will tie in the redevelopment of the North Stand with City Square, the souvenir store, Joe Mercer Way, alongside the Coop Live Arena, so it’s all one big and integrated leisure destination on and outside of match days.

And there you have it.

If City priced PL games affordably, and I don’t mean as cheap as the yesterday’s tickets, as City won’t do that, old fans would come back, and new fans, including families, would start coming to the matches.
We would easily fill a 65,000 capacity stadium, increased by redeveloping the North stand.

My hope, belief, and whispers is City still plan to redevelop the North stand in the near future, but it’s on hold for the foreseeable future. I think City will redevelop the North stand after the Coop Live Arena is built, which is at least 2 years away. City won’t leave Joe Mercer Way and City Square as they currently are, looking rundown, next to a brand new £350mill world class arena. It just doesn’t make sense. I think City will tie in the redevelopment of the North Stand with City Square, the souvenir store, Joe Mercer Way, alongside the Coop Live Arena, so it’s all one big and integrated leisure destination on and outside of match days.

It’s a tough balance to find as on the other hand you have the argument that cheap tickets are dispensable and people aren’t bothered if they lose a tenner so they don’t even try to sell it on.

I’ve no idea how commercially viable it would be but for me a cap on all adult tickets at £30 and all under 16 tickets at £5 would give us a fighting chance of fixing some of our issues.

Until we can do that the idea of another expansion doesn’t excite me at all. I’d just reduce corporate areas first and review the existing North stand set up, perhaps promoting another singing section at that end.

I am a season ticket holder and a member of all the Cup schemes. I really appreciate yesterday was only £15 for me, and that it was £20 each for Leipzig & Bruges. I can also see why it has to be higher for PSG z& Chelsea & United & Arsenal - it’s simple supply and demand economics.
In the mean time I couldn’t help noticing that despite recording record near £600m income last financial year - we only made £2.5m profit.
I just don’t think the club can offer all tickets at £30 max and comply with FFP ( if indeed that still applies ) & be able to recruit and relation players of the quality we are so lucky to have at the club.
It’s like wanting Ribeye Steak for £5 - it might happen once a year - but it’s not going to happen every week.

First and foremost, it was fantastic to see a sellout crowd at the Etihad for the FA Cup game against Fulham.

Manchester City were mocked by the usual weirdos (Might As Well Be Celtic) when they announced ticket prices starting at £15 for adults, £10 for concessions and £1 for kids, but produced a full house

After this afternoon, the Blues will hope that those in attendance are happy enough to return again for the next game, and the next, and the next. Equally, supporters should be able to think that if the club knows what happens when they keep ticket prices low the arguments for raising them become more difficult.

Everyone should agree that the longer City can provide such value for money, the better

Tickets started at £10 for adults if season ticket holder and a lot will have been.

You can pick up tickets for £25 for Brentford now, but doubt they will sell out being mainly singles.

I am a season ticket holder and a member of all the Cup schemes. I really appreciate yesterday was only £15 for me, and that it was £20 each for Leipzig & Bruges. I can also see why it has to be higher for PSG z& Chelsea & United & Arsenal - it’s simple supply and demand economics.
In the mean time I couldn’t help noticing that despite recording record near £600m income last financial year - we only made £2.5m profit.
I just don’t think the club can offer all tickets at £30 max and comply with FFP
( if indeed that still applies ) & be able to recruit and relation players of the quality we are so lucky to have at the club.
It’s like wanting Ribeye Steak for £5 - it might happen once a year - but it’s not going to happen every week.
Completely wrong. We made 2.5m and had a grand sum of 10,000 fans who attended matches last year. If fans had been allowed last season we could of give every ticket away for free and still passed any set of ffp regs.

It would be interesting to see what money was made through sales of food and merchandise yesterday compared to other games.

That might help with decisions on ticket prices

It would be interesting to see what money was made through sales of food and merchandise yesterday compared to other games.

That might help with decisions on ticket prices

It would also be interesting to know how much it costs to put a game on. Stewards, Police, Office staff etcetera. Some games may not even cover those costs.

It would also be interesting to know how much it costs to put a game on. Stewards, Police, Office staff etcetera. Some games may not even cover those costs.

I think a crowd of 54,0000, sold out hospitality, and TV money would cover that cost.

I doubt City will get as much money when they play Posh away in the next round.

Last edited:
A crowd of 10k gave us matchday income of 700k there will never be a home game that doesn't cover costs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.