Ticket Prices

That's crazy from Forest but with a smaller ground they may be at capacity?

For the floating new fan the new found excitement can soon fade. A couple more defeats and all we'll be playing for is a top four place. Interest will soon drop them, no one is paying £68 for a nothing game.
City ground capacity is around 30k. There are plans to expand but it's not moving quickly. I guess they will want to be confident of an extended stay in the prem. They weren't selling out Championship games until the end of last season. They didn't have to lock out new fans, seems a crazy decision to me too. They've missed an opportunity to capture the next generation of fans. I think Leicester only sell PL games to members but again anyone can buy a membership, then it goes to points for high demand fixtures. Agree, day trippers like us won't travel for an average side. Part of the appeal is watching one the best club sides in the world. Low category game tickets were a bargain at the beginning of the season.

That's crazy from Forest but with a smaller ground they may be at capacity?

For the floating new fan the new found excitement can soon fade. A couple more defeats and all we'll be playing for is a top four place. Interest will soon drop them, no one is paying £68 for a nothing game.
Bizarre to hear from Forest…. Why would any club make it so difficult/expensive for new fans, especially kids….

i gave up my season ticket in 2017 for family reasons. now paying for a game is too illogical frankly. id also like to take my kids to a cup game but this year its been £25 for kids for the fa cup and just not feasible for me.

going to a premier league game for me and my two kids would be about £150

I’ll try and be careful how I word this as I don’t want to be accused of generalising again. But do working class people in America watch professional sports live, in any sort of the numbers as they do here?

I look at a team like the Brooklyn Nets on TV and the crowd is very white, in an area where white people are in a minority. I’m well aware not all white people are rich and not all black people are poor. But the demographic of the crowd certainly nowhere near matches that of the area. And this is in a sport where black players are hugely over represented on the court. So it’s not like baseball which perhaps traditionally doesn’t appeal to the black community as much, generally speaking.
I’ve seen a lot of “working class” sport talk being thrown around. I’ve also seen people saying it’s not comparable. It’s a 100 percent comparable. You don’t need to be rich to go to a sporting event in the states. But hearing people complain about 400 for a season ticket is laughable. Enjoy the fact that you get such cheap season tickets.

People here save up to take their family to a few games a year. I really hate how some people on here generalize Americans like we are so beneath you. It’s disgusting actually

I am 80 years old and have been a supporter for over sixty years, but can no longer afford a season ticket, so I usually go to the games not On tv, but now I have to pay £35 a year if I want to buy a ticket for these games, seems very unfair considering how wealthy the club is, very disappointed in City.
Welcome to the forum fellow blue. It would be good if the club made it easier and more affordable for senior folks such as yourself. I hope someone at the club reads and takes note of such posts on this forum.

I would be happy to partake in a fans protest, or at least public display of discontent (!), at tickets prices. Inside or outside of the ground.

Maybe iny being naive , maybe the genie is never going back in the bottle. But can't we at least arrest the price hikes? Or cap match day tickets?

Membership fees to advance buy tickets? Scrap it. Use loyalty points and a track record.

Seasoncard price rises. Stop, stop, stop. Sponsorship, TV money etc is on the rise.

The PL capped away tickets. Now start looking at home games. X% must be available at £30. Sort it out.

Fans who release their seasoncard shouldn't be penalised or profited on by edging prices upwards. It's sneaky and it smells of big price rises to come.

Loyalty and marginal gains have a better basis than Lihong from Sichuan or Boris from New York visiting once a season. Set aside a block for tourism. Everyone is welcome but keep Manchester for Manchester too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.