Ticket Prices

I am 80 years old and have been a supporter for over sixty years, but can no longer afford a season ticket, so I usually go to the games not On tv, but now I have to pay £35 a year if I want to buy a ticket for these games, seems very unfair considering how wealthy the club is, very disappointed in City.
Barry I am 70 years old been going home and away for 60 years from 1962,I like you try to get to the games not on the box I don't mind paying £35 for my match day membership because you get £5 off per game so it's not so bad.

I’ve seen a lot of “working class” sport talk being thrown around. I’ve also seen people saying it’s not comparable. It’s a 100 percent comparable. You don’t need to be rich to go to a sporting event in the states. But hearing people complain about 400 for a season ticket is laughable. Enjoy the fact that you get such cheap season tickets.

People here save up to take their family to a few games a year. I really hate how some people on here generalize Americans like we are so beneath you. It’s disgusting actually

Was a simple question mate. Yes or no would have sufficed.

Getting 2 weeks leave a year and having to "save-up" to go to a match twice a year.

Sounds like a 2nd world country.

Pep complains about the lack of atmosphere instead of having a private word with Ferran Soriano/Khaldoon who he has almost equal influence at the club. Tickets remain unsold on the ticket exchange as they're £60-70+..........we continue to moan it's too expensive which it certainly is..............the cycle continues. I feel like I'm an extra in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.....

When I first moved down to that London in the early 80s, I used to decide whether or not to go to an away game on the morning of the game, based on the weather and/or if I was fit to drive there.

Get up, get in car, drive to (say) Sunderland, pay on the gate, find mates, watch match, go home.

Never got locked out, rarely had to buy a ticket, went in the home section if the City end was full. Never had any bother.

Probably got to more aways than home games over the 80s, early 90s. Then Sky and the scousers ruined it.

Younger fans will never get to experience the game like that.

You’ve also got to take into account that football is a lot more well attended now than it was in the 80’s also. The team you mentioned Sunderland we’re averaging between 14k and 19k at Roker Park which held around 22.5k according to some pages on the web. The other point is that we were shit for much of the 80s and there was less interest in going both him and away than there is today.

You’ve also got to take into account that football is a lot more well attended now than it was in the 80’s also. The team you mentioned Sunderland we’re averaging between 14k and 19k at Roker Park which held around 22.5k according to some pages on the web. The other point is that we were shit for much of the 80s and there was less interest in going both him and away than there is today.

We've always taken plenty to every away game as long as I can remember. The closer to Manchester, the more likely we'd make up a significant percentage of the crowd, and I remember us filling many away ends down on the South coast.

It was easier to do aways pre Sky / Hillsborough because you didn't have ridiculous 'all seater' stadia, numerical restrictions on visiting fans, and the need to buy tickets in advance.

Say what you want about going to football nowadays, in my long experience, I've never had more fun being among City fans than at away games during the 80s and early 90s. It was a great time to be a Blue

We've always taken plenty to every away game as long as I can remember. The closer to Manchester, the more likely we'd make up a significant percentage of the crowd, and I remember us filling many away ends down on the South coast.

It was easier to do aways pre Sky / Hillsborough because you didn't have ridiculous 'all seater' stadia, numerical restrictions on visiting fans, and the need to buy tickets in advance.

Say what you want about going to football nowadays, in my long experience, I've never had more fun being among City fans than at away games during the 80s and early 90s. It was a great time to be a Blue
Spot on,late 60s,70s and 80s with your mates pay on the gate and standing happy days.

Is the pricing more to do with the actual premier league itself and not actually city saying how much etc? Because in the champions league and cup the tickets are at an ok price where the club probably have more of a say on ticket prices.

I am 80 years old and have been a supporter for over sixty years, but can no longer afford a season ticket, so I usually go to the games not On tv, but now I have to pay £35 a year if I want to buy a ticket for these games, seems very unfair considering how wealthy the club is, very disappointed in City.
Respect.

Can you recall the first games you went to Mr Gould?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.