Ticket Prices

Out of interest, what would you say was a fair price to watch the best team in the world compared to what other top PL clubs charge?

Tickets for Sunday are available for £35 to an over 65 with a membership.

6 games a season and the membership has paid for itself.

I don't like the prices as much as anyone else but this isn't a City thing, it's a football thing.

Football is as popular as ever presently and that comes at a price.

The PL and UEFA could easily grow a pair and set ticket prices for their "products", sign up or you aren't in but they won't.

It's the money men who run the game that your beef is with, City are just going along with everyone else, if they don't they would be fucked.

They wouldn’t be fucked at all. They could change the prices from £70 to say £50.. literally last season the same ticket against spurs cost less

your trying to blame other people when it’s 100% the club making these decisions. From what I’ve seen United, Liverpool and other teams don’t charge these prices for standard seats.

I agree it’s a football thing that needs dealing with, but it’s the club who are deciding to do this. The club for example forced thousands out of their seats for advertising boards and more corporate areas

They wouldn’t be fucked at all. They could change the prices from £70 to say £50.. literally last season the same ticket against spurs cost less

your trying to blame other people when it’s 100% the club making these decisions. From what I’ve seen United, Liverpool and other teams don’t charge these prices for standard seats.

I agree it’s a football thing that needs dealing with, but it’s the club who are deciding to do this. The club for example forced thousands out of their seats for advertising boards and more corporate areas

From what I’ve seen the average person is lucky to fit into a seat at the swamp.

The high prices are for the best seats remaining or S/T returns on the exchange.
People leave it too late to buy tickets and complain cos the cheaper seats have gone.

You think Rags and Dippers charge less than us for beat seats, no way. And they don't have the S/T exchange option as we do.

Those low level seats removed for adverts were terrible, even when they were sold many were empty cos fans chose to stand at the back.

I've been in my seat for god nows how long, if I was asked to move I wouldn’t be arsed really. Get moved for cup games frequently and quite enjoy the different perspective, level 2 in the corner is something else, it's like watching on a curve TV, very enjoyable.

I thought you only get the £29 if the club sell it on.
Games against the “Top 6” are guaranteed refunds on the Ticket Exchange. That’s partly why there were plenty of tickets still available on the Ticket Exchange on a cold, midweek night.

FWIW, on a wider point about tickets, my train got into Leeds after midnight and it was packed with young fans. Some would describe them as tourists but they were on the late train which meant they’d stayed for the final whistle.

In an age where everything in football is sponsored - from noodles to tractors - I’m surprised no one has ever sponsored a fan base.

Imagine the positive exposure a big business would get by subsidising all non-corporate tickets to make them all £30?

The club doesn’t lose money, the business gets unbelievable coverage by “giving the game back to working class fans” and supporters get affordable tickets.

In an age where everything in football is sponsored - from noodles to tractors - I’m surprised no one has ever sponsored a fan base.

Imagine the positive exposure a big business would get by subsidising all non-corporate tickets to make them all £30?

The club doesn’t lose money, the business gets unbelievable coverage by “giving the game back to working class fans” and supporters get affordable tickets.
They already do in a way with large numbers turning up in City gear with 'Etihad' and the Puma logo emblazoned on the shirt.

Unfortunately we don't get subsidised and have to pay £70 for the privilege of advertising them though.

Last edited:
We should actually be payed to attend matches the current state of modern footy. If it wasn't for us they'd have no product. Were the only section of the football match economy not getting compensated for our participation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.