Ticket Prices

Wonder in 2024 when the Champions League increases more as a league format whether ticket bundles will become the norm.

Out of interest, what would you say was a fair price to watch the best team in the world compared to what other top PL clubs charge?

Tickets for Sunday are available for £35 to an over 65 with a membership.

6 games a season and the membership has paid for itself.

I don't like the prices as much as anyone else but this isn't a City thing, it's a football thing.

Football is as popular as ever presently and that comes at a price.

The PL and UEFA could easily grow a pair and set ticket prices for their "products", sign up or you aren't in but they won't.

It's the money men who run the game that your beef is with, City are just going along with everyone else, if they don't they would be fucked.

It's the FA Cup. Cup prices have always been lower to fill the ground.

The cheapest adult Wolves ticket is £58.

An adult and 1 under 18 in the 'Family stand:(arf!) is £88. An Adult and 2 under 18's is £118. Add food and drink for the 2 under 18's and you won't be left with much from £150 for '1 match'. What are you on about?!

The money men at City, the directors, set the season ticket and match day ticket prices. Don't try and absolve them of that responsibility.

Last edited:
It's the FA Cup. Cup prices have always been lower to fill the ground.

The cheapest adult Wolves ticket is £58.

An adult and 1 under 18 in the 'Family stand:(arf!) is £88. An Adult and 2 under 18's is £118. Add food and drink for the 2 under 18's and you won't be left with much from £150 for '1 match'. What are you in about?!

The money men at City, the directors, set the season ticket and match day ticket prices. Don't try and absolve them of that responsibility.
I'm not but it's not just us, all top clubs are maximising income, don't like it but that's the modern way.
I just don't see how they can sell the few thousand non season ticket seats at low prices because S/T holders would give them up.
The match day prices are far too High at City and everywhere else in the league. Needs the league to do something across the board.
All our games this season are virtual sell outs, no need to shift the last few at vastly reduced prices, it's just impractical because that would stop fans buying early.

The cup game for me next Friday is £25 as a S/T holder on the scheme, good seat in Level 2

Non S/T holders need a membership and use it to maximise the discount otherwise it's a fortune for a 1 off game.
Friday night Dad and Lad for example could be £57.50 for the 2 if both have membership, much better value than Wolves and a good night out. (still expensive I know but what can you do)
The food argument is a non starter because there is no need to buy in the ground, food before or take something in.

Hopefully the expansion will allow for a lot more cheaper tickets.

Good to see M.E.N throwing its weight behind the call for lower ticket prices. I'm not fully persuaded that neutrals and tourists are to blame for atmos issues as the piece says, but it's a v sensible take on the debate sparked by Pep's words the other night.

With energy bills and mortgages through the roof and the general cost of living rocketing too, nobody should be blamed for walking away at that price to watch a football match . With two home games in four days, it seems many fans have opted for the slightly cheaper tickets on Sunday against Wolves rather than the Thursday night clash with Tottenham.
His comments were purely football-related and that was clear to see. It's worth remembering, though, that if regular fans are priced out of going to big games, then generating an atmosphere led by genuine supporters will naturally be more difficult.

Maybe one easy solution to Guardiola's concerns then, that would get even more fans on board, would be to address the pricing structure for future 'big' games so that regulars can play their part as well.

FWIW, on a wider point about tickets, my train got into Leeds after midnight and it was packed with young fans. Some would describe them as tourists but they were on the late train which meant they’d stayed for the final whistle.
come on Tim,they might have left very early for a pub in town and just managed to get the last train home :-)

It’s just wrong isn’t it. I know lots of blues in a similar position to you. Blues that have been going for years who now can’t afford it.

What on earth are the club doing. I think your story should be shared with the media.
I’ve said many times that I’ve got over two dozen mates and family members who have dropped away from City’s match going support since the takeover (okay, a few of those have died but it’s mainly due to prices).

There’s a fella near me who gives me the side eye and gets visibly unhappy with me when I get aggressive at games with the opposition players, the officials or Liverpool fans who jump up when they score in our end or Celtic are taking the piss in our end.

We need more aggression in our support, not less.

I’ve said many times that I’ve got over two dozen mates and family members who have dropped away from City’s match going support since the takeover (okay, a few of those have died but it’s mainly due to prices).

There’s a fella near me who gives me the side eye and gets visibly unhappy with me when I get aggressive at games with the opposition players, the officials or Liverpool fans who jump up when they score in our end or Celtic are taking the piss in our end.

We need more aggression in our support, not less.

What they want is a return of the raw aggression and intimidating atmosphere of the 70s and 80s, but with no nasty songs, everybody staying in their allocated seat and at the final whistle both sets of fans shaking hands and wishing each other a safe journey home.

Unfortunately you’re not going to get both at the same time on a regular basis. Both come with inevitable negatives.

People will have their own opinion about which is preferable.

There’s a fella near me who gives me the side eye

200w.gif

Mentioned on here before.

Gave my season ticket up after over 30 years at the end of the 2003/4 season having had to pay an extra £100 following the move to the Etihad as the clubs definition of a like for like seat was a fucking piss take. Used to sit two thirds of the way up the main stand level with the 18 yard line. New seat was 2 yards behind the goal line in the first tier. Cost me the extra £100 to go where me, and my fellow season ticket holders should have been put in the first place. Total cost of the season ticket was £500.

Didn't renew, went to a membership and my loyalty points were reduced so I told them to stick it.

Got to a couple of games a season picking up spares where I can and a good few of you on here have helped me out.

The prospect of paying to be eligible to even apply for tickets puts me right off.

And after my run in with the stewards two years ago, I won't be stepping back in the ground again.

Enjoyed my run home and away from 82-04.

Where were you when you were shit. I was there. Even cycled the 100 mile round trip when I had no money for the train journey!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.