Ticket Prices

Does commercial revenue from global sponsorship, TV rights, players being sold and winning the league dwarf the mark up the club makes from ticket sales?

If so, why piss off the fan base to chase an extra few pennies. I'm not suggesting the club acts as a charity but £58 a PL home game is ridiculous. Does adding an extra £20 to £30 to the price actually boost balance sheets? Does more harm to the fan than helping the club.
Don't forget that, excluding away fans and hospitality, around 80% of our general admission tickets are season tickets. So that only leaves a maximum of around 8k to sell, plus any that go on Ticket Exchange.

Personally I'd put a 20% mark-up on pro-rata season ticket prices for one-off matchday tickets. I think that strikes the right balance of fairness. I d also like to see a published tariff, as all the other clubs do, rather than this somewhat shady dynamic pricing we seem to operate.

Well they do. The minimum adult price we're charging for a presumed Category B game today is £58.

Funnily enough, that's the maximum price you'd pay as an adult for ANY game at united. They charge the same price per seat, regardless of the opponent. So whether it's us, Liverpool, Wolves, or Southampton on a Wednesday night, the maximum general admission price will be £58 (minimum adult price is £36). Liverpool operate the same system with a maximum adult price of £59, and the minimum adult price £37.

Arsenal, for a Category B game, would be from £38 to £58.50. Chelsea adult member prices are from £39-£56 for a Category B game. Non-members will pay £44-£61. Spurs start from £43 for Category B and go up to £95, but I think those are some sort of premium seats. The highest general seat is £68 from what I can see.

So the cheapest at Spurs is £14 less than our cheapest but the difference at other four clubs is around £20.

We've become money-grabbing, rip-off merchants.
On balance they do charge the same price for a reserve league cup game v Lincoln or Fulham when we would start at £9.

There is nothing available at MUnited for the rest of the season (PL) for under £150, most are £320.

I am not sure there is the natural demand from young people nowadays unless they get in the habit of going because of their parents interest. I am not sure it is the cost. Every so often there was something to celebrate at work and I would go along and the cost of the drinks/cocktails that the young lads and girls were buying amazed me. Of course, if they were still living at home their wages were just spending money. On one occasion I could not attend and I asked a couple of lads who claimed to be City supporters if they wanted to use my ticket free of charge. They both said they had arranged to go shopping with their girlfriends that afternoon! In general I think it is a different world from when I started watching City with much more choice of activities.

I have incidentally found it impossible to give away my seat for a big game when I have asked older supposed City supporters to use my ticket when I was not well on the morning of the match. The usual answer was they preferred to watch it on TV. In the end I gave up trying.
Great post, good insight there, and I’m sure those choices and decisions get repeated in many cases.

On balance they do charge the same price for a reserve league cup game v Lincoln or Fulham when we would start at £9.

There is nothing available at MUnited for the rest of the season (PL) for under £150, most are £320.
At united (KOTK policy is never to use capital letters in their name) they class any ticket costing more than £58 as 'Premium', which ranges from a free drink/programme up to a meal.

At united (KOTK policy is never to use capital letters in their name) they class any ticket costing more than £58 as 'Premium', which ranges from a free drink/programme up to a meal.
Museum tour, drink, pie £320 NS level 2 etc.

They do compare well to our category A&B prices, which have risen as the season had gone on here, and they are more transparent then us since Cookie Monster decided we would have "Dynamic Pricing" in 2008.

Well they do. The minimum adult price we're charging for a presumed Category B game today is £58.

Funnily enough, that's the maximum price you'd pay as an adult for ANY game at united. They charge the same price per seat, regardless of the opponent. So whether it's us, Liverpool, Wolves, or Southampton on a Wednesday night, the maximum general admission price will be £58 (minimum adult price is £36). Liverpool operate the same system with a maximum adult price of £59, and the minimum adult price £37.

Arsenal, for a Category B game, would be from £38 to £58.50. Chelsea adult member prices are from £39-£56 for a Category B game. Non-members will pay £44-£61. Spurs start from £43 for Category B and go up to £95, but I think those are some sort of premium seats. The highest general seat is £68 from what I can see.

So the cheapest at Spurs is £14 less than our cheapest but the difference at other four clubs is around £20.

We've become money-grabbing, rip-off merchants.
Great work, I agree the match day prices are far too High and have probably increased unnecessarily.

But, the Rags are selling 20k more than us and with near compulsory Cup schemes and supposedly endless list of tourists just waiting to buy, Dippers too on this front, I supposed they have to maximise income. As pointed out it seems daft when ticket income is dwarfed by everything else.

Arse and Spuds have bigger ground and Klanfeld isincreasing.

As an average, how much of say a £58 ticket would be paid to the Council as part of the lease agreements we have. I know there are terms to the agreement but it will still be a factor in pricing I suspect.

Is the figure we paid last year to Mcr Council published. Can't recall ever seeing a figure when the accounts are discussed on here.

I dont live in Manchester anymore but the club should try and get more locals in. I think Liverpool give a certain number of local fans cheaper tickets. This could get blues who have been priced out back in the ground whilst also getting younger fans in the community into the ground as well. Even if the club charge and arm and a leg for tickets we will still sell out the stadium but this is affecting the atmosphere in the ground. hope the club sort it out

Great work, I agree the match day prices are far too High and have probably increased unnecessarily.

But, the Rags are selling 20k more than us and with near compulsory Cup schemes and supposedly endless list of tourists just waiting to buy, Dippers too on this front, I supposed they have to maximise income. As pointed out it seems daft when ticket income is dwarfed by everything else.

Arse and Spuds have bigger ground and Klanfeld isincreasing.

As an average, how much of say a £58 ticket would be paid to the Council as part of the lease agreements we have. I know there are terms to the agreement but it will still be a factor in pricing I suspect.

Is the figure we paid last year to Mcr Council published. Can't recall ever seeing a figure when the accounts are discussed on here.
Flat fee these days and naming rights were included in the deal.

Why are United and Liverpools match day tickets cheaper then? I don’t think it’s FFP at all. It’s just pure greed for the club.
They are on paper but try getting one.

After City and Arsenal winning this weekend, I expect the remaing FA Cup tickets to sell out. L1 sold out. Only 15 seats left on L2. Loads of seats left on L3. But as there the only seats left, they will start to sell out.

6090521F-58EC-48DB-AE00-463CF3ACCB97.png

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.