Ticket Prices

It's weird because when I was doing all that we were pretty much rubbish but I didn't care. Now we're more successful than ever I have little enthusiasm. Obviously I'm fully engrossed in every game, but it's an effort to make even home games now. Away games I can't get tickets for anyway but if I could I doubt I'd do many. Leave it to the youngsters.

I’ve put it down to 2 things. Being a FOC, 55 years old, been there, done it and seen it. Regardless of the success on the pitch, the way the club has treated the fans over the last few years has f*cked me off. Continual season ticket price rises, match day ticket price rises, the ticket office fiasco, which has improved to be fair, little or no empathy and feed back from the club on issues that effect City fans directly, not even via City Matters(is it still going?), transport issues, the Super League fiasco, etc. When Pep asks for more support from the fans, I wonder what support the club are giving the fans in these times of austerity and continual price rises across the board? We’ll find out soon.

I was looking forward to going to the FA Cup game at Bristol City on the 28th February.
I used to enjoy going to away matches back in the 70s/80s and then starting again in the 2000s with my
daughter.
And then they published the prices at £38 for a televised 5th round FA Cup game vs a lower level Championship side,and they very generously offered a whole £3 discount for being a FOC.
So i immediately thought I'd bin it off and watch it on ITV from the comfort of my armchair.
" C'est La Vie " in the words of Robbie Nevil .

Like most on here ,I have nowhere near enough loyalty points for Premier League away games, but I am on both domestic cup schemes and usually manage to qualify for away tickets.
But at the current prices they can fuck right off.

To be fair Bristol probably set the prices and £38 isn't too expensive these days. It's a bloody long trek though in the week, especial as you say it's live on TV. Football is eating itself, there are just too.many games and it's too expensive.

I could probably scrape £68 together for Spurs but I just can’t be bothered. These days, I tend to have a good scran before the match in the food pub and then go for a session in my local. We’re Blackpool, Tranmere and all sorts.

I want a Seasoncard again as I miss it but I don’t blame people for not paying it.

To be fair Bristol probably set the prices and £38 isn't too expensive these days. It's a bloody long trek though in the week, especial as you say it's live on TV. Football is eating itself, there are just too.many games and it's too expensive.
The way I look at the FA Cup prices,is how much would it have been if the game was at the Etihad.
£25 at the most, with £5/10 reduction for concessions, otherwise the ground would be half empty.
So I refuse to line the pockets of Bristol City, and any other lower league side who try to take advantage of City fans loyalty.

A side-effect of the so-called FFP is that the Club has to screw every last penny it can get out of the fans.

Even if it doesn't want to - which is open to debate - it has no choice. That's the reality. That's also why there's more and more emphasis on 'corporates' who basically don't care what they pay.

I’ve put it down to 2 things. Being a FOC, 55 years old, been there, done it and seen it. Regardless of the success on the pitch, the way the club has treated the fans over the last few years has f*cked me off. Continual season ticket price rises, match day ticket price rises, the ticket office fiasco, which has improved to be fair, little or no empathy and feed back from the club on issues that effect City fans directly, not even via City Matters(is it still going?), transport issues, the Super League fiasco, etc. When Pep asks for more support from the fans, I wonder what support the club are giving the fans in these times of austerity and continual price rises across the board? We’ll find out soon.

Some great points. For us older fans supporting City was never really about the trophies, just as well as we didn't win any for decades. We're a strange bunch, thick skinned, gallows humour, we stuck with them because we felt we belonged, the club valued us, not like that money grabbing phoney lot across the road. We might have been deluded of course but that was how we felt. Now I just feel like a number, no matter how many questionaires they send me via email. It's hard to explain but I don't quite feel it anymore. I was looking at old pictures of Helen the bell the other day going around Wembley holding the cup with the team in 1976. Can you see that happening now? Look at Pete the badge, a quirky loyal character the club should be embracing and promoting but don't even acknowledge. It took one of ours to make his big recent birthday special with the help of other fans contributing. Sadly we've become like that lot across the road, something's we feared would happen, but I guess that's the price we pay for success.

Some great points. For us older fans supporting City was never really about the trophies, just as well as we didn't win any for decades. We're a strange bunch, thick skinned, gallows humour, we stuck with them because we felt we belonged, the club valued us, not like that money grabbing phoney lot across the road. We might have been deluded of course but that was how we felt. Now I just feel like a number, no matter how many questionaires they send me via email. It's hard to explain but I don't quite feel it anymore. I was looking at old pictures of Helen the bell the other day going around Wembley holding the cup with the team in 1976. Can you see that happening now? Look at Pete the badge, a quirky loyal character the club should be embracing and promoting but don't even acknowledge. It took one of ours to make his big recent birthday special with the help of other fans contributing. Sadly we've become like that lot across the road, something's we feared would happen, but I guess that's the price we pay for success.
The interesting thing is that the effects of this will be noticeable if we go through a period in the future when we're not successful.

Thats gonna fuck us up big time,no trams from Ashton,back to the bus ,its horrendous,the tram is way better in my opinion,done both since 2003,i can put up with it for afternoon kick offs but night games will be awful,getting back in Ashton 11 , 11.30 when you're in work at 6am.Plus there are never any taxis in Ashton midweek cos its dead,so another 20 minute walk home for us.

all for a high speed rail link,what a fkin joke.
‘all for a high speed rail link’ that barely any of us in Manchester will ever need to use.

We need to get around our own city in a much more frequent, convenient, quicker, expansive and higher quality manner than we need to get down to London.

It was coming when the club stopped having meetings with the fans to discuss issues. Yes, it was a moan fest, and probably nothing more than a talking shop, but you could speak to the people who mattered directly and face to face. Once the club stopped that there was no connection between the club and the fans at all. There was growing resentment at that over a long period of time, so to appease that growing resentment the club came up with City Matters, which lets be honest hast been what we were promised or a success.

Last edited:
‘all for a high speed rail link’ that barely any of us in Manchester will ever need to use.

We need to get around our own city in a much more frequent, convenient, quicker, expansive and higher quality manner than we need to get down to London.
you as i know,it takes 2 hours roughly picci to euston for away games,
the £40 -50 billion project will shave about 20 minutes off travel time,it'll end up costing much more too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.