Ticket Prices

As an FOC I do get free public transport to the Etihad and back home.
And everywhere else in Greater Manchester as well.
But I don't see the government extending that privilege to all match going City fans.
Government don’t need to do it, just a local agreement.

And who's going to pay for it ?
The over 66 FREE transport isn't actually free, it's paid for by the UK government.
As we all know, there is no such thing in life as a free lunch.
The Government doesn't pay for it, the destination district council does.

It’s not ideal for everyone but I’d usually wind down the match with a pint in one of the Holts pubs nearby and have an easy journey back to town as the crowds disperse.

The club ;)
It would be great if they did that,but they are intent on increasing ticket prices year after year ,even in the current cost of living crisis.
So I very much doubt that they would be willing to subsidize transport fares,even though they could easily afford it.

I wouldn't pay £68 out of principle it's just too much, especially in these tough economic times. It's also taking the piss and nobody likes that. As others have said though at the moment people will. The YouTube bloggers, the tourists, the Pep/Haaland fanboys. It won't last though.

I'm not sure how others feel but for me I can take or leave going to a game these days. Maybe it's getting old I don't know but it doesn't hold the same appeal anymore. The rain, the cold, the shit unreliable overcrowded transport, all the rules, getting screwed by pigmol. If it's live on TV I'd rather lie on the settee and watch it and not have all the hassle surrounding going to a game. It's an odd one because in the past I'd do everyday to go all over the countryand watch us. I'm just getting old, tired and cynical I guess.

Same here. I’m like that now. Like you and many other City fans I used to go to every game I could go to home and away, not anymore.

Last edited:
Same here. I’m like that now, Like you and many other City fans I used to go to every game I could go to home and away. Not anymore.

It's weird because when I was doing all that we were pretty much rubbish but I didn't care. Now we're more successful than ever I have little enthusiasm. Obviously I'm fully engrossed in every game, but it's an effort to make even home games now. Away games I can't get tickets for anyway but if I could I doubt I'd do many. Leave it to the youngsters.

It's weird because when I was doing all that we were pretty much rubbish but I didn't care. Now we're more successful than ever I have little enthusiasm. Obviously I'm fully engrossed in every game, but it's an effort to make even home games now. Away games I can't get tickets for anyway but if I could I doubt I'd do many. Leave it to the youngsters.
I was looking forward to going to the FA Cup game at Bristol City on the 28th February.
I used to enjoy going to away matches back in the 70s/80s and then starting again in the 2000s with my
daughter.
And then they published the prices at £38 for a televised 5th round FA Cup game vs a lower level Championship side,and they very generously offered a whole £3 discount for being a FOC.
So i immediately thought I'd bin it off and watch it on ITV from the comfort of my armchair.
" C'est La Vie " in the words of Robbie Nevil .

Like most on here ,I have nowhere near enough loyalty points for Premier League away games, but I am on both domestic cup schemes and usually manage to qualify for away tickets.
But at the current prices they can fuck right off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.