Ticket Prices

That’s all Soriano has known with Pep. Soriano can play his Pep hand in-front of Mansour and Khaldoon every time, knowing he will get his way. Just wait until Pep goes. Let’s see what hand Soriano plays then?
His hand may be waving in Vincent Kompany?

From Aston yes for 2 years, many fans won’t even know about the parking restrictions until they turn up in august it will be chaos, there is literally nowhere to park the thousands of cars. They should do what they do in Germany and give free public transport with your match day ticket, then there would be no need to check for tickets, no one is going to or from the stadium unless it’s to watch the match.
Thats gonna fuck us up big time,no trams from Ashton,back to the bus ,its horrendous,the tram is way better in my opinion,done both since 2003,i can put up with it for afternoon kick offs but night games will be awful,getting back in Ashton 11 , 11.30 when you're in work at 6am.Plus there are never any taxis in Ashton midweek cos its dead,so another 20 minute walk home for us.

all for a high speed rail link,what a fkin joke.

@Blue Maverick and @paulchapo I know exactly where you are coming from. Up to a few seasons ago I went almost everywhere, home and abroad, then I had to stop the aways on Doctor’s orders. But I still went to every home game until this season when the dreaded Covid followed by Long Covid hit!
I’ve managed 3 games since April and it was like a military operation. I was lucky with the first one, the second one it took me nearly 3 hours to get home to Eccles because of the tram situation and the third one I was so ill for 3 days afterwards that I hesitate to try again. I used the buggy system parking in the main car park at the bottom of Joe Mercer way but the buggy only took me to the shop and I’m round at the P entrance. There is a buggy stop not far from my entrance but I waited for a while after the match and none turned up! Luckily I spotted one near the players entrance picking someone up as I shuffled my way along! (Violins out there eh??) :-) I signalled to him and he waited. But it’s not ideal.
I hasten to add that my seat has never been empty.
I want to go back, I miss the camaraderie and the folk around me. I miss the atmosphere. Ideally we need a Beam me up Scottie system!

@Blue Maverick and @paulchapo I know exactly where you are coming from. Up to a few seasons ago I went almost everywhere, home and abroad, then I had to stop the aways on Doctor’s orders. But I still went to every home game until this season when the dreaded Covid followed by Long Covid hit!
I’ve managed 3 games since April and it was like a military operation. I was lucky with the first one, the second one it took me nearly 3 hours to get home to Eccles because of the tram situation and the third one I was so ill for 3 days afterwards that I hesitate to try again. I used the buggy system parking in the main car park at the bottom of Joe Mercer way but the buggy only took me to the shop and I’m round at the P entrance. There is a buggy stop not far from my entrance but I waited for a while after the match and none turned up! Luckily I spotted one near the players entrance picking someone up as I shuffled my way along! (Violins out there eh??) :-) I signalled to him and he waited. But it’s not ideal.
I hasten to add that my seat has never been empty.
I want to go back, I miss the camaraderie and the folk around me. I miss the atmosphere. Ideally we need a Beam me up Scottie system!

It can be a nightmare for sure.

My lad and me have only been once this season, its just way to expansive now. We have been doing around 7 or 8 games a season, last season we did 15 home and away.

Every thing is so expansive the ticket, the fuel and if a week game a primer inn. I hate not going but nothing justifies 1500 quid per season nowadays. Each match is over 100 quid its just bloody madness.

We moan about the lack of atmosphere but so many of us who have been going for decades, simply cant afford to go anymore ;(

Isn't the tram to the ground going to stop soon for work on that High speed line or something? If so they need a fleet of buses and a traffic free route for a couple of hours before and after the game. Also no cash on the bus as it holds everything up. Better still one of the many zombies the club employ at the bus stop, instead of standing around doing nothing, check tickets and passes as people arrive and then straight onto the bus, fill it and away, rinse and repeat.
I read something recently that mentioned that Tameside Council have put an amendment to Parliament that is asking for a new depot to be built at Ashton Moss so that the trams can continue running to New Islington and back.
As they rightly point out, 2 years closure of the Metro line to Ashton is going to cause chaos to the local economy,and they are demanding funding for the new depot as part of the overall costing of HS2.
I think they will be successful in their petitioning of Parliament and the line will remain open from New Islington to Ashton.

Last edited:
I read something recently that mentioned that Tameside Council have put a amendment to Parliament that is asking for a new depot to be built at Ashton Moss so that the trams can continue running to New Islington and back.
As they rightly point out, 2 years closure of the Metro line to Ashton is going to cause chaos to the local economy,and they are demanding funding for the new depot as part of the overall costing of HS2.
I think they will be successful in their petitioning of Parliament and the line will remain open from New Islington to Ashton.
That would certainly help me, still think it would be good if you could get free transport for match days to encourage 55k to use public transport, although they would certainly need double the trams. What would’ve been ideal is a tram stop at the top of Alan Turing way and Oldham road, people could come in from city centre or the Rochdale lines and walk down to the stadium, with people going upto Ashton or into the city centre from the stadium, this would alleviate some of the bottleneck. With park and ride it would certainly work for many.

From Aston yes for 2 years, many fans won’t even know about the parking restrictions until they turn up in august it will be chaos, there is literally nowhere to park the thousands of cars. They should do what they do in Germany and give free public transport with your match day ticket, then there would be no need to check for tickets, no one is going to or from the stadium unless it’s to watch the match.
I don't know about parking restrictions.
I usually park near Ashbury's Station.
Do you know if I would be affected there?

I don't know about parking restrictions.
I usually park near Ashbury's Station.
Do you know if I would be affected there?

That would certainly help me, still think it would be good if you could get free transport for match days to encourage 55k to use public transport, although they would certainly need double the trams. What would’ve been ideal is a tram stop at the top of Alan Turing way and Oldham road, people could come in from city centre or the Rochdale lines and walk down to the stadium, with people going upto Ashton or into the city centre from the stadium, this would alleviate some of the bottleneck. With park and ride it would certainly work for many.
As an FOC I do get free public transport to the Etihad and back home.
And everywhere else in Greater Manchester as well.
But I don't see the government extending that privilege to all match going City fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.