Ticket Prices

‘all for a high speed rail link’ that barely any of us in Manchester will ever need to use.

We need to get around our own city in a much more frequent, convenient, quicker, expansive and higher quality manner than we need to get down to London.

The way society and business is going by the time it's ready it won't be needed.

you as i know,it takes 2 hours roughly picci to euston for away games,
the £40 -50 billion project will shave about 20 minutes off travel time,it'll end up costing much more too.
Is that all it’s shaving off? Bloody hell, what a waste of time!

_________________________________________—————-___// Leeds \\
I’d rather see a high speed line from Liverpool-Manchester——————————Hull
_____________________________________——————_______\\Sheffield//

The interesting thing is that the effects of this will be noticeable if we go through a period in the future when we're not successful.

Massively. If I'm struggling to drag myself to games in the most successful period in our history, I doubt I'll be enthusiastic if we're crap again. Of course if I feel injustice from the result of these bloody charges I'll be down there every bloody game.

Is that all it’s shaving off? Bloody hell, what a waste of time!

_________________________________________—————-___// Leeds \\
I’d rather see a high speed line from Liverpool-Manchester——————————Hull
_____________________________________——————_______\\Sheffield//

Thst was proposed and dropped due to the escalating cost of HS2.

On the plus side, unlike the Leeds HS2 leg, the Manchester HS2 leg hasn’t been pulled and is still going ahead.

The way I look at the FA Cup prices,is how much would it have been if the game was at the Etihad.
£25 at the most, with £5/10 reduction for concessions, otherwise the ground would be half empty.
So I refuse to line the pockets of Bristol City, and any other lower league side who try to take advantage of City fans loyalty.

You’re entitled to look at it however you like. But I’ll give Bristol City more leeway personally. It’s a hugely attractive game for them. They might get a game like this every 10 years if they’re lucky. And they’re still charging less than teams were years and years ago to away fans before the £30 cap. Significantly less too.

Even by your own comparison. If City were at home to very attractive opposition, outside of the £25 capped games, I highly doubt they’d be many tickets less than £38. And there would certainly be a lot way more expensive than that.

A side-effect of the so-called FFP is that the Club has to screw every last penny it can get out of the fans.

Even if it doesn't want to - which is open to debate - it has no choice. That's the reality. That's also why there's more and more emphasis on 'corporates' who basically don't care what they pay.

I think that’s just a lame excuse. Your using ffp to try and justify the club being greedy.

We don’t have to charge these prices at all. Liverpool and United are now charging cheaper tickets than us for equivalent games

You’re entitled to look at it however you like. But I’ll give Bristol City more leeway personally. It’s a hugely attractive game for them. They might get a game like this every 10 years if they’re lucky. And they’re still charging less than teams were years and years ago to away fans before the £30 cap. Significantly less too.

Even by your own comparison. If City were at home to very attractive opposition, outside of the £25 capped games, I highly doubt they’d be many tickets less than £38. And there would certainly be a lot way more expensive than that.
And that's why I've chosen not to attend this game.
It's known as voting with your feet.
I'm more than happy to let another City take my place.

we had them 5 years ago in the league cup,i went to the home game
and cant remember what the price was at ours or the away game.

£38 is taking the piss.

we had them 5 years ago in the league cup,i went to the home game
and cant remember what the price was at ours or the away game.

£38 is taking the piss.
Which is exactly what I said in my post.
And if people keep paying these ridiculous, inflated prices then the clubs will keep taking the urine.
It needs someone (like the FSF) to put a halt to it.
Same as what happened in the Premier League with the £30 away ticket cap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.