Ticket Prices

Must be loaded! Wait till they've got 2 kids and big mortgage theyll soon be buying iptv for the illegal streams

I've got loads of mates that live in North Manchester that used to have season tickets for 15-20 years in the late 80s - early noughties and they haven't been in the ground for 10 years plus because of regular match day prices. Most of them are unskilled workers and receive minimum wage so £40-50 for a one off game is crazy (25% of their weekly wage in some cases)

Infact they think I'm very well off for having a season ticket ha)
Yeah they're both earning well without responsibilities of parenthood and mortgages yet and they've avoided the other vices of youth (i think). As my 20 year old said, £30 is 5 pints in Ancoats and they've missed live football more than anything.

But I doubt they'll be going back very often except for the cheap cup games.

Must be loaded! Wait till they've got 2 kids and big mortgage theyll soon be buying iptv for the illegal streams

I've got loads of mates that live in North Manchester that used to have season tickets for 15-20 years in the late 80s - early noughties and they haven't been in the ground for 10 years plus because of regular match day prices. Most of them are unskilled workers and receive minimum wage so £40-50 for a one off game is crazy (25% of their weekly wage in some cases)

Infact they think I'm very well off for having a season ticket ha)
Very good point, I know a few people who went regularly in the 80s/90 (mostly homes and a few away games thrown in) who don't go anymore.
My wages are probably very much in the 'average 'bracket (not great but not minimum wage) mortgage, bills, daughter at Uni means it's almost exclusively cheaper cup games for me at the moment.
Not pleading poverty or 'getting the violins out ' here by any means btw(there are far, far more important things going on in the world right now)
Yes, we have seen some real quality over the past decade and football as a whole is now a multi billion pound business. Even though I've certainly not been there for every single iconic moment I do count myself lucky to have seen some great players and great games over this 'golden period' for us blues. Ofcourse life changes (going out on the piss at the football as a single 20 year old is different to doing it as a 40/50 year old family man/woman with responsibilities).
However I can't help feeling there must be so many City fans who loyally stuck with us week in, week out through all the utter shite that was thrown at us who can't help feel a fair bit of resentment at being priced out of what is an extortionately expensive day out
for your average man/woman on the street.
Anyway, that's what I feel!

I consider myself lucky to have been able to watch City in the cheap era of no tickets and just turning up at the Kippax and all day piss ups or weekend away trip/ piss ups with loads of lads in transit vans, coaches, trains or cars.

Looking back it was truly a great experience. Apart from the violence of course.

I consider myself lucky to have been able to watch City in the cheap era of no tickets and just turning up at the Kippax and all day piss ups or weekend away trip/ piss ups with loads of lads in transit vans, coaches, trains or cars.

Looking back it was truly a great experience. Apart from the violence of course.
I personally never had any problem at all with the violence.
Giving it out that is. I used to enjoy giving the odd rag,Scouser or Cockney the odd slap or two.
It was when they gave it back,that was when it became a bit of a problem.
Being chased by said rags,Scousers and Cockneys and then being given a fat lip or black eye was not pleasant in the slightest!!

I personally never had any problem at all with the violence.
Giving it out that is. I used to enjoy giving the odd rag,Scouser or Cockney the odd slap or two.
It was when they gave it back,that was when it became a bit of a problem.
Being chased by said rags,Scousers and Cockneys and then being given a fat lip or black eye was not pleasant in the slightest!!
You stand and fight your ground..........

NO RUNNARS as Donalds leaflets used to say

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.