Ticket Prices

£47 for a tier 2 ticket for the Southampton game. Too much, given the opposition, in my opinion. £40 would have been enough. Still paid it, though.

:-(
You'll be in the same position as me though, been paying similar prices for years and the £7 makes little difference to the overall cost of attending and total cost of the weekend. Not enough to impact attending or not
I'd like it cheaper we all would but I don't believe it really impacts attendance.
It could more this year I suppose though as a lot of S/C deferers will live nearer so the matchday price will come as more of a shock.

Very difficult for the club.I can only attend 3 or 5 30 on saturday due to work commitments so will pay whatever.The only thing they should do is 1 adult with 1 kid for 50 quid.This would piss of season ticket holders though.We have to find a way of making it affordble for kids my 1st season ticket in the 70s was £3.
Maybe they could do kids season ticket for £100.

I recently posted that I went to a Cymru league match a couple of weekends ago. £4.00 entry for FOCs and £6.00 for non-FOCs.
I sat in a covered stand, in line with the centre line, had a brew and a roll for less than £3.00, and watched a feisty 6 goal thriller. I was in the pub within two minutes of the final whistle.

OK, it's not City, and it's not 'elite' football, but the standard wasn't a million miles away from some Championship matches I've seen in recent times, and it certainly wasn't as boring and one-sided as some City matches against some of the (ahem) more defensive PL teams.

Clubs charge what they think people will pay. They'll keep prices high as long as people keep going.

The big difference for me is that my £7.00 actually means something to a small club that needs every penny it can just to keep going. City, like a number of PL clubs, could let all of us non-hospitality/non-corporate fans in for free and probably still make money on a match day.

PL football is massively overpriced and overrated. Players are grotesquely overpaid, and fans are treated like cattle. The PL clubs don't give a damn about grassroots football, it's pure greed.

Yes, I'll keep going to City, because like thousands of other fans, it's what I do. However, even with my FOC half price season card, I can foresee the day when I decide enough is enough. I suspect quite a few others feel much the same.

I tried to get season tickets this year for me and my lad, I thought with the pandemic it wouldn't of been a major issue with lots of people apparently choosing too defer for a season.
I had to bin my season ticket off a few years ago due to my job getting in the way of fixture re scheduling and missing too many games, now changed jobs and lots more flexibility.
However, City stopped selling them so that option was closed.
To purchase tickets I had to get me and my son a membership for £35 each, we then set about buying tickets, we've bought for 4 games so far which set me back £560 for us both, enough to buy one season ticket outright.
I wanted to go on Saturday against Norwich, but the cheapest 2 tickets sat together were £55 each, I wasn't prepared to pay that for what I would class as a 3rd tier premiership game.
We have the fan base to fill the stadium to the rafters every week, un fortunately we are coming out of a global pandemic where funds are tight, do we really need to be charging the money that we do.
I know it's not just us, but reduce the admission to £30 maximum and the grounds would be full and rocking week in week out.

I recently posted that I went to a Cymru league match a couple of weekends ago. £4.00 entry for FOCs and £6.00 for non-FOCs.
I sat in a covered stand, in line with the centre line, had a brew and a roll for less than £3.00, and watched a feisty 6 goal thriller. I was in the pub within two minutes of the final whistle.

OK, it's not City, and it's not 'elite' football, but the standard wasn't a million miles away from some Championship matches I've seen in recent times, and it certainly wasn't as boring and one-sided as some City matches against some of the (ahem) more defensive PL teams.

Clubs charge what they think people will pay. They'll keep prices high as long as people keep going.

The big difference for me is that my £7.00 actually means something to a small club that needs every penny it can just to keep going. City, like a number of PL clubs, could let all of us non-hospitality/non-corporate fans in for free and probably still make money on a match day.

PL football is massively overpriced and overrated. Players are grotesquely overpaid, and fans are treated like cattle. The PL clubs don't give a damn about grassroots football, it's pure greed.

Yes, I'll keep going to City, because like thousands of other fans, it's what I do. However, even with my FOC half price season card, I can foresee the day when I decide enough is enough. I suspect quite a few others feel much the same.
Most sensible post on here I have seen for ages....

where have you heard/read that ?
i cant find that anywhere
my son might not be able to go now so a friend could
I’m not sure now where I read it but a quick search on here there is a mention……

Most sensible post on here I have seen for ages....
Thank you.
I've never been able to get my head around how easily such a great number of football fans - myself included - have fallen under the spell of PL football.
I'm from the days of 3d for kids and an adult squeezing through the turnstile with me to get in for free.
How on earth did we jump, in a relatively short time, from sub-£10 a year season tickets to people paying £15k a season to sit over the tunnel? It's madness!
Multi millionaires kicking a ball around and being worshipped and idolised by the working man/woman, who then rush home to watch even more glossy overhyped nonsense that they pay too much for on Sky & BT etc.
Football as a sport has been dead for years, but we just haven't all realised it yet. That's how the clubs get away with it.

Oh well, a bit more Cymru North for me on Friday evening... I might even get a lift on the team coach if I speak nicely to the club chairman!

where have you heard/read that ?
i cant find that anywhere
my son might not be able to go now so a friend could
Club sent email stating no need to upgrade for Norwich / arse games. They also stated wouldn’t be able to upgrade for other games even if wanted to pay to do so. Makes no sense but that’s the new city way!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.