Ticket Prices

There's about 400 tickets left on the seat planner. Can't be arsed counting them. That probably doesn't include tickets sold to ticket agencies, tickets given away, etc.

Where you get 50 tickets left a few weeks ago I don't know??

United and Liverpool will always sell out. Tell us something we don't already know.

But what about the bread and butter games against Brentford, etc, with hundreds, if not thousands of empty seats and unsold tickets.

Don't forget we've got the best manager in the world, we've got one of the best teams in the world, we're current PL Champions, we're currently top of the PL, yet we've struggled to sell out all season.(bar United and Liverpool, arf!)

What story does tell you? Stop deluding yourself. Face facts. And the truth!

0-FAEEC88-F363-4307-BF13-731-C799-EA1-BB.png

Good night!
To be fair, the Brentford attendance was better than expected!

The main issue comes down to the seat exchange. My mate who never goes to due to work puts his season ticket on there every game and it never gets sold. Something doesn’t seem right with it.

City's season ticket base grows old because hardly anyone is stupid enough to let their tickets lapse. The churn rate on season tickets is tiny.

As to whether it's the wrong or right approach, that depends on your objective. If you want to the run club with a priority based on fans budgets then its wrong but City are a commercial football club, and so revenue is centre-stage, hence city set ticket prices to fill the ground and take the maximum revenue in doing so.

The only way the two strategies meet is if City expand the ground, then seat prices will have to fall.

from what I’ve read every season quite a lot of season ticket holders stop going. Large areas of the ground you can’t actually buy tickets in as well. There are rows of seats that are always unavailable in the family stand for example.

One of the main reasons for our older fanbase has to be price though. Other then south stand level 3, where it’s impossible to get season tickets. The rest of the ground is too expensive. Match day prices are scandalous and it means families don’t attend.

I think, as you can probably guess, that’s the complete wrong approach. The money made from more expensive tickets is minimal and the long term effect is damaging.

short term - expensive tickets, casual one off attendance
Long term - cheaper tickets - grow our core fanbase, fill and expand the stadium

at the moment we are pricing out a generation of our our own fans. The Fulham game is closer to what it should be like - everyone with a chance of going to games.

what I’m suggesting probably won’t happen, but in an ideal world it would.

Ticket Exchange is odd; I've sold my daughter's a couple times, so singles do sell but for other people it doesn't work.

We sold our Brentford and Spurs tickets the day after I put them up but two together in 326 helps I reckon.

To be fair, the Brentford attendance was better than expected!

The main issue comes down to the seat exchange. My mate who never goes to due to work puts his season ticket on there every game and it never gets sold. Something doesn’t seem right with it.

There is definitely something odd about it. I got told my ticket had sold and then on the day of the game I was emailed to say it hadn't sold and so I could attend if I wanted. You are guaranteed to sell it against the rags and the never guilty, anyone else is hit and miss

Lol. The irony.

Please explain why their are only 250 seats left for Brighton at £45+ on a date which we almost certainly don't know if the club have their pricing so wrong and we have so few fans who can afford it?

I'd love tickets to be cheap enough for everyone to afford games but we are a business and as long as we are near enough sold out every single game its quite clear they won't be changing price anytime soon.

I wouldn’t go off the ticket website/ counting seats as an indicator of whether the ground is full / sold out.

plenty of games that are ‘sold out’ yet there’s rows of empty seats. As I said in a previous post a lot of these seats are unavailable and you can’t purchase them.

we are a business, but ticket revenue, especially ordinary match day tickets barely make a dent on the millions we make through tv deals, sponsors… long term cheaper match day tickets would make a huge difference. The club needs to not forgot about our core fanbase otherwise we will struggle going forward once our older support stops going

the Fulham game was an eye opener. Lots of families, teenagers, young adults - you never see that in league games

Has anyone else received this email? I was sent it two days ago

Thank you for buying a ticket for Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, we look forward to welcoming you to the Etihad Stadium!

Why not start your matchday early and join all the pre-match fun at our FREE Kids Fanzone at the City Football Academy.

I haven't bought a ticket as I have a season ticket. Okay technically I have but that was months ago, I haven't purchased another ticket for this game. Most odd.

from what I’ve read every season quite a lot of season ticket holders stop going. Large areas of the ground you can’t actually buy tickets in as well. There are rows of seats that are always unavailable in the family stand for example.

One of the main reasons for our older fanbase has to be price though. Other then south stand level 3, where it’s impossible to get season tickets. The rest of the ground is too expensive. Match day prices are scandalous and it means families don’t attend.

I think, as you can probably guess, that’s the complete wrong approach. The money made from more expensive tickets is minimal and the long term effect is damaging.

short term - expensive tickets, casual one off attendance
Long term - cheaper tickets - grow our core fanbase, fill and expand the stadium

at the moment we are pricing out a generation of our our own fans. The Fulham game is closer to what it should be like - everyone with a chance of going to games.

what I’m suggesting probably won’t happen, but in an ideal world it would.
The churn rate was 2% as of 4-5 seasons ago. I remember reading it in the Reports and accounts but I haven't come across it recently. I don't see why it would go up.

The stadium is full with these sky high prices. The only downward pressure on prices will come if City start to struggle on the pitch or if we expand the ground.

The churn rate was 2% as of 4-5 seasons ago. I remember reading it in the Reports and accounts but I haven't come across it recently. I don't see why it would go up.

The stadium is full with these sky high prices. The only downward pressure on prices will come if City start to struggle on the pitch or if we expand the ground.

It isn't full though is it? I don't care what the ticket planner says or if they stick a sold out sticker over every turnstile there are always plenty of empty seats. We have been the most successful club side domestically for ten years and regularly compete in Europe. You would think you would have to sell your soul for a ticket but you don't. Still a fair few available for today as well.

Has anyone else received this email? I was sent it two days ago

Thank you for buying a ticket for Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, we look forward to welcoming you to the Etihad Stadium!

Why not start your matchday early and join all the pre-match fun at our FREE Kids Fanzone at the City Football Academy.

I haven't bought a ticket as I have a season ticket. Okay technically I have but that was months ago, I haven't purchased another ticket for this game. Most odd.
I got it too and thought it was odd
i have a season card yet got an email thanking me for buying a ticket for the tott game,i just presumed they'd sent it to me wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.