Ticket Pricing for Inter (H)

For the record, I sent the below to the Club yesterday regarding the Inter prices. They were in touch today to justify the pricing, so no indication they would be changing.

STARTS

I wanted to follow up this email to express how disappointed City Matters are about the pricing for the Inter fixture. Both in that we were not consulted on the price but also at the levels which have been set.

As has been pointed out on social media, the pricing is around a 70% increase compared to the match against RB Leipzig last season - which was the quote on quote 'premier' home match. For others, such as North Stand Level 2 it is a near 100% increase. Whilst I appreciate that Inter are very likely a more attractive fixture than Leipzig, this is still an extremely high increase.

It is also practically the same as those on the cup scheme paid against Real Madrid last season, in the quarter final of the competition. How can the Club justify charging similar for the first round of what is essentially the group stage?

I would also draw your attention to the Club's argument that criteria needed to be relaxed due to it being the League Phase and the short turnaround. Clearly, that did not extend to the pricing too.

Likewise, the Club often argue that criteria should be relaxed in order for matchday members to attend. How can members who cannot afford these prices attend? Is it not the same argument? Let alone those who have to pay for their family to attend (not exclusive to matchday members, of course).

We should not forget that the introduction of the League Phase to the Champions League has resulted in an additional home match for supporters to attend. With this in mind, it would have been sensible to reflect this additional financial burden on supporters with an appropriate price.

City Matters offered a number of suggestions to the Club over the summer, such as reduced pricing for cup competitions, as a result of the (opposed) season ticket price increases. As far as we can tell, the Club have not acted on any of these, but we hope that the remaining League Phase matches can be priced at an appropriate and reasonable price for supporters.

There is a narrative that the Club is trying to squeeze as much revenue as possible from supporters. Indeed, recent actions (from disabled parking, season tickets, Inter tickets and more) unfortunately lend credence to such view.

ENDS

For the record, I sent the below to the Club yesterday regarding the Inter prices. They were in touch today to justify the pricing, so no indication they would be changing.

STARTS

I wanted to follow up this email to express how disappointed City Matters are about the pricing for the Inter fixture. Both in that we were not consulted on the price but also at the levels which have been set.

As has been pointed out on social media, the pricing is around a 70% increase compared to the match against RB Leipzig last season - which was the quote on quote 'premier' home match. For others, such as North Stand Level 2 it is a near 100% increase. Whilst I appreciate that Inter are very likely a more attractive fixture than Leipzig, this is still an extremely high increase.

It is also practically the same as those on the cup scheme paid against Real Madrid last season, in the quarter final of the competition. How can the Club justify charging similar for the first round of what is essentially the group stage?

I would also draw your attention to the Club's argument that criteria needed to be relaxed due to it being the League Phase and the short turnaround. Clearly, that did not extend to the pricing too.

Likewise, the Club often argue that criteria should be relaxed in order for matchday members to attend. How can members who cannot afford these prices attend? Is it not the same argument? Let alone those who have to pay for their family to attend (not exclusive to matchday members, of course).

We should not forget that the introduction of the League Phase to the Champions League has resulted in an additional home match for supporters to attend. With this in mind, it would have been sensible to reflect this additional financial burden on supporters with an appropriate price.

City Matters offered a number of suggestions to the Club over the summer, such as reduced pricing for cup competitions, as a result of the (opposed) season ticket price increases. As far as we can tell, the Club have not acted on any of these, but we hope that the remaining League Phase matches can be priced at an appropriate and reasonable price for supporters.

There is a narrative that the Club is trying to squeeze as much revenue as possible from supporters. Indeed, recent actions (from disabled parking, season tickets, Inter tickets and more) unfortunately lend credence to such view.

ENDS
Well done mate. You have done your best for City fans as far as I can see.

But as I said in the other thread, the club aren't listening so you should all resign and tell them to stick their fan engagement up their arses.

And then lets see how their arseholes explain to the PL why they're not engaging with the fans anymore.

STARTS

ENDS
Thanks for your efforts mate, but it’s a business and City are not arsed. Not like we can boycott the games cos it’s our club and others will just take our seats and the club know this. However, the signs have been there for a while now and we need to do something that can be seen live right across tv and I don’t mean a few flags. Let’s send the fuckers a message.

Our chairman said he appreciated the question asked by Chris Bailey on ticket pricing in the end of season interview but so far it's just hollow words from Khaldoon.

Pricing the loyal legacy fans out now because tourists take up the slack(especially in CL games) is a dangerous game the club are playing because when we are no longer top dogs the average attendance will fall off. And god forbid us getting relegated, the club will be begging us to come back if that was to happen.

All these price hikes feel like a kick in the teeth, enough is enough City, heed our disproval!

Season ticket holder for 35 years. Watched is in the second division and back again. I’ve been in the cup schemes since they began and eventually dropped the league cup a few years ago. This season I’ve dropped the FA Cup and Champions League. The increase in ticket prices and games has meant that I’ve had to draw the line somewhere. The way it’s going with season ticket prices I can see me having to knock that on the head soon as well. The club won’t care though as some glory hunter will happily take my seat?

STARTS

ENDS
Thanks for sharing that.
What worries me most is at the moment a disabled supporter season ticket as a significant reduction but the way there squeezing every penny out of us how long will that remain. If they do this that's me unable to attend. Obviously while we're popular that suits City. But that won't last for ever. Look at the Rags now no longer is it difficult to purchase tickets at the swamp.

Thanks for your efforts mate, but it’s a business and City are not arsed. Not like we can boycott the games cos it’s our club and others will just take our seats and the club know this. However, the signs have been there for a while now and we need to do something that can be seen live right across tv and I don’t mean a few flags. Let’s send the fuckers a message.
We know City should qualify quite comfortably for the KO stage and even with some freak results the club will definitely finish in the top four of the group and so enter the play off round
Why not organise a boycott of the final home game of the group stage?
If the tourists buy tickets on top of the CL scheme members, they may get a crowd of 30,000 or so, but it will look terrible for the club

£37.50 feels like a reasonable price to me. Obviously it’s not that everywhere in the ground.

I hope to see significant price decreases for the rest of the games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.