Ticket Pricing for Inter (H)

Season ticket holder for 35 years. Watched is in the second division and back again. I’ve been in the cup schemes since they began and eventually dropped the league cup a few years ago. This season I’ve dropped the FA Cup and Champions League. The increase in ticket prices and games has meant that I’ve had to draw the line somewhere. The way it’s going with season ticket prices I can see me having to knock that on the head soon as well. The club won’t care though as some glory hunter will happily take my seat?
I'm in the same boat. I used to be in all the cup schemes, went away five or six times a season, and now I just go to the home league games. How long that will last remains to be seen, and I really don't think the club give a stuff who turns up. Where I sit in CB3, very few seasoncard holders turn up for champions league games, but the seats are always occupied, and that's been the case for years.

From the clubs point of view, their marketing policy is working as all the games are sold out. It doesn't help the atmosphere when you find yourself sitting next to someone who doesn't know how to celebrate a goal by staying put in their seat. He was wearing his new scarf, had a programme in his hand, went away at half time and came back with some food. It was when we played Ipswich a few weeks ago, but the nub is not one of us old seasoncard holders spent any money on anything other than the cost of the ticket, and as a pensioner, my seat cost £23, which is less than I was charged the first season after we left Maine Road.

It's all a far cry from the days, 25 years or so ago, when the club proudly stated 'supporting our supporters' in gratitude for us turning up in numbers when we were at our lowest, but those days are gone.

It does feel like a kick in the teeth our loyalty during that period means nothing now, but we have to accept the world, and football, has changed in the intervening years.

It wasn't too many years ago now we learned the club wanted to 'monetise' us. There was a thread started on here not long after the takeover, which gained some traction, that we would be receiving free season tickets, such was the generosity of our new owner. I remember replying at the time we had been taken over by hard nosed businessmen with money being their only motivation. Well, here we are, being monetised, without a free season ticket in sight.

It won't be a glory hunter taking our place when we can no longer afford match tickets, but a City fan with deeper pockets, and the top brass won't care a jot about that if the stadium is full.

Think of it a bit like Rolls Royce do about their customers. They couldn't give a stuff about those of us that can't afford to buy their cars.

Those Villa prices are just pure, opportunistic greed. There is not one single reason to charge those prices other than that - greed.

What a shame for the fans there.

What will the total cost for the 4 games add up to, and how much did the 3 games last season cost?

Personally it does not affect me as I am only in the FA Cup scheme.

I feel for those fans who are in all the Cup schemes, what must it cost them per season to attend just the home matches?

Villa.

The club is currently owned by V Sports, a company owned by the Egyptian billionaire Nassef Sawiris, the American billionaire Wes Edens, and American investment company Atairos

Bracket prices are season ticket holders.
1000009667.png

I'm in the same boat. I used to be in all the cup schemes, went away five or six times a season, and now I just go to the home league games. How long that will last remains to be seen, and I really don't think the club give a stuff who turns up. Where I sit in CB3, very few seasoncard holders turn up for champions league games, but the seats are always occupied, and that's been the case for years.

From the clubs point of view, their marketing policy is working as all the games are sold out. It doesn't help the atmosphere when you find yourself sitting next to someone who doesn't know how to celebrate a goal by staying put in their seat. He was wearing his new scarf, had a programme in his hand, went away at half time and came back with some food. It was when we played Ipswich a few weeks ago, but the nub is not one of us old seasoncard holders spent any money on anything other than the cost of the ticket, and as a pensioner, my seat cost £23, which is less than I was charged the first season after we left Maine Road.

It's all a far cry from the days, 25 years or so ago, when the club proudly stated 'supporting our supporters' in gratitude for us turning up in numbers when we were at our lowest, but those days are gone.

It does feel like a kick in the teeth our loyalty during that period means nothing now, but we have to accept the world, and football, has changed in the intervening years.

It wasn't too many years ago now we learned the club wanted to 'monetise' us. There was a thread started on here not long after the takeover, which gained some traction, that we would be receiving free season tickets, such was the generosity of our new owner. I remember replying at the time we had been taken over by hard nosed businessmen with money being their only motivation. Well, here we are, being monetised, without a free season ticket in sight.

It won't be a glory hunter taking our place when we can no longer afford match tickets, but a City fan with deeper pockets, and the top brass won't care a jot about that if the stadium is full.

Think of it a bit like Rolls Royce do about their customers. They couldn't give a stuff about those of us that can't afford to buy their cars.
Spot on. I’m

I’m glad I live abroad now with what’s happening. I used to go from the early 80’s and from 1987 had a season ticket all the way thru till the takeover. I got to 6 games last year at a struggle flying over from Ireland but moved now to Australia so won’t be attending till next season! I just don’t think the club gives a toss about us fans anymore as some ‘new fan’ will simply take you’re seat. Loyalty counts for nothing I’m afraid. .

For the record, I sent the below to the Club yesterday regarding the Inter prices. They were in touch today to justify the pricing, so no indication they would be changing.

STARTS

I wanted to follow up this email to express how disappointed City Matters are about the pricing for the Inter fixture. Both in that we were not consulted on the price but also at the levels which have been set.

As has been pointed out on social media, the pricing is around a 70% increase compared to the match against RB Leipzig last season - which was the quote on quote 'premier' home match. For others, such as North Stand Level 2 it is a near 100% increase. Whilst I appreciate that Inter are very likely a more attractive fixture than Leipzig, this is still an extremely high increase.

It is also practically the same as those on the cup scheme paid against Real Madrid last season, in the quarter final of the competition. How can the Club justify charging similar for the first round of what is essentially the group stage?

I would also draw your attention to the Club's argument that criteria needed to be relaxed due to it being the League Phase and the short turnaround. Clearly, that did not extend to the pricing too.

Likewise, the Club often argue that criteria should be relaxed in order for matchday members to attend. How can members who cannot afford these prices attend? Is it not the same argument? Let alone those who have to pay for their family to attend (not exclusive to matchday members, of course).

We should not forget that the introduction of the League Phase to the Champions League has resulted in an additional home match for supporters to attend. With this in mind, it would have been sensible to reflect this additional financial burden on supporters with an appropriate price.

City Matters offered a number of suggestions to the Club over the summer, such as reduced pricing for cup competitions, as a result of the (opposed) season ticket price increases. As far as we can tell, the Club have not acted on any of these, but we hope that the remaining League Phase matches can be priced at an appropriate and reasonable price for supporters.

There is a narrative that the Club is trying to squeeze as much revenue as possible from supporters. Indeed, recent actions (from disabled parking, season tickets, Inter tickets and more) unfortunately lend credence to such view.

ENDS
Nice one. Echoes my thoughts exactly.

Have you heard from them regarding domestic Cup matches?
They had capped the prices of those in rounds before the quarter finals for a few years but then last season upped them for kids without telling us to £12.50, from a fiver (a few years ago they did £1 for kids against Fulham in the FA Cup).

Watford tickets are about to go on sale. Will be interesting to see what they set those at and who turns up. I know that loads of people pull out of Cup Schemes every time the club increase season ticket prices. A couple of years ago we only got 31,000 for the Wycombe game the week after our opening CL game.

Agree mate but there fans are one of the biggest set of cunts going
Some are, im sure. Just like ever club has sets if cunts. Not the point though, that there is disgusting. I hope Villa fans do something about that. As I was drifting off last night I remember something on talksport about mass protests at football grounds. Not sure if it was to do with this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.