Ticket Pricing for Inter (H)

Agree mate but there fans are one of the biggest set of cunts going
What we think of them as a set of fans shouldn’t come into it regarding this. Whether it’s Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool, Celtic (none of which we like as a set of fans) or clubs who aren’t even in the CL, rivalry is neither here nor there and shouldn’t even be mentioned.

All the boardrooms across all clubs collude with each other, and view all their fans with the same disdain and simply see us as a revenue stream. Rivalries should be set aside and we should come together over this, just like the boardrooms do when they all probably roll their eyes and tut when they mention ‘legacy fans’.

In the heat of our rivalry with Liverpool we came together and held this banner up across the divide of the away section at the Etihad once:

IMG_7393.jpeg

Of course, for clubs, it wasn’t enough. But it was only done once and only between City and Liverpool fans and it was forgotten about. I think all sets of fans need to be organising together across the country and starting a boycott of one chosen set of fixtures on a chosen weekend in the Premier League or all the British clubs do the same for one of the CL nights.

Last edited:
Football is eating itself alive. I think over the next 15 years something will have to be done or the next generation will stop attending.

You can already see it at city matches. The average age of the crowd is about 50+. I rarely if ever see groups of young lads going to games now. This has also contributed to the atmosphere for most clubs getting gradually worse.

I’ve been to a few lower league games - county mainly and the crowd is so much younger then ours.

I'm in the same boat. I used to be in all the cup schemes, went away five or six times a season, and now I just go to the home league games. How long that will last remains to be seen, and I really don't think the club give a stuff who turns up. Where I sit in CB3, very few seasoncard holders turn up for champions league games, but the seats are always occupied, and that's been the case for years.

From the clubs point of view, their marketing policy is working as all the games are sold out. It doesn't help the atmosphere when you find yourself sitting next to someone who doesn't know how to celebrate a goal by staying put in their seat. He was wearing his new scarf, had a programme in his hand, went away at half time and came back with some food. It was when we played Ipswich a few weeks ago, but the nub is not one of us old seasoncard holders spent any money on anything other than the cost of the ticket, and as a pensioner, my seat cost £23, which is less than I was charged the first season after we left Maine Road.

It's all a far cry from the days, 25 years or so ago, when the club proudly stated 'supporting our supporters' in gratitude for us turning up in numbers when we were at our lowest, but those days are gone.

It does feel like a kick in the teeth our loyalty during that period means nothing now, but we have to accept the world, and football, has changed in the intervening years.

It wasn't too many years ago now we learned the club wanted to 'monetise' us. There was a thread started on here not long after the takeover, which gained some traction, that we would be receiving free season tickets, such was the generosity of our new owner. I remember replying at the time we had been taken over by hard nosed businessmen with money being their only motivation. Well, here we are, being monetised, without a free season ticket in sight.

It won't be a glory hunter taking our place when we can no longer afford match tickets, but a City fan with deeper pockets, and the top brass won't care a jot about that if the stadium is full.

Think of it a bit like Rolls Royce do about their customers. They couldn't give a stuff about those of us that can't afford to buy their cars.
But you state your seat is £23, cheaper than when we left maine road ? Seriously you've got fuck all to moan about.

We know City should qualify quite comfortably for the KO stage and even with some freak results the club will definitely finish in the top four of the group and so enter the play off round
Why not organise a boycott of the final home game of the group stage?
If the tourists buy tickets on top of the CL scheme members, they may get a crowd of 30,000 or so, but it will look terrible for the club
Boycott ffs.
Either go or dont.

Some of the replies in here are exactly why the club continue to take the piss with ticket prices, so many people desperately bending over backwards to justify the massive increase that there really are no need for.

It's a shitshow from everyone involved in the decision making process, but they dont give a shit about me or you so we either suck it up or get replaced by someone who will spend £100s on tickets and double that in the souvenir shop.

Some of the replies in here are exactly why the club continue to take the piss with ticket prices, so many people desperately bending over backwards to justify the massive increase that there really are no need for.

It's a shitshow from everyone involved in the decision making process, but they dont give a shit about me or you so we either suck it up or get replaced by someone who will spend £100s on tickets and double that in the souvenir shop.
£37 for a ticket to see the best team in the world and you think its expensive ?

Boycott ffs.
Either go or dont.
I've already said I'm not
My post was in regards to "we should do something other than a banner"
The last banner that criticised ticket pricing was removed by the stewards sharpish, with the excuse that it was covering the advertising boards
Last home game, there was a banner hung in the same place for an hour

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.