Ticket Pricing for Inter (H)

Absolutely shitloads for this still on the website with a week until the game, might make the club sit up and take notice of the stupid pricing if it doesnt sell out (doubt it though)
Out of the group I usually meet up with, I know more who will be going to the Watford game. Obviously price being the main factor, but these group stage games seem meaningless.

I find it crazy that everyone is crashing out over tickets that are around 75USD. A game like this in the US would probably cost upwards of 300USD
Who gives a fuck about the United State of Americans?

Britain and the USA are different countries. What goes on in one country bears little relation to what goes on in another.

The median salary in Britain is £29,000, in the USA it’s the equivalent of £48,000.

The majority football fans in Britain are working class, many of whom will earn under the median salary. City are traditionally one of the most working class fanbases in the country - I remember a survey emailed out to season ticket holders across the country last decade by Barclays when they sponsored the Prem and it asked what our salary was… only Burnley and Wigan fans were below City fans on average salary of fanbase.

And football fans in Britain don’t just go to one game, a lot of us go to every game. It’s not a one-off thing, it’s an obsession. And a lot don’t just pay for themselves but for their family.

The economic situation in Britain is grim for low wage households, it has been for a long time due to successive grim governments and isn’t looking like getting better with yet another grim new government.

In the USA, the average ‘soccer’ fan probably has a front and back garden with a drive way and two or more cars and probably earns well over the median salary.

It’s these fuckers and all like them around the world who are diluting our football stadiums. Our traditional fans are being priced out all the time and being replaced with tourists who are driving prices up.

If the tourists supported their local teams in their own countries and didn’t take their trips to our stadiums, we’d likely be paying less to see our football teams and the atmospheres would be better.

I can afford my season ticket and my individual match tickets for cup games, but it’s not about me, it’s about all of our traditional fans and not wanting to see them priced out.

Look at this game - Inter is priced at £52.50 for me when in the last two seasons the Group Stage prices have been:
2022-23 Group Stage prices: Dortmund £25, Copenhagen £22, Sevilla £22
2023-24 Group Stage prices: Belgrade £27, Young Boys £27, Leipzig £27

Between £25.50 to £30.50 more expensive is a massive difference compared to the last two CL seasons, and there are hundreds of tickets remaining for it.

It’s strange pricing, not helped by City remaining silent about how much the rest of the CL League Phase games are going to be, plus also having to pay for another game in the same week (Watford in the EFL Cup which is another £20 on top of the £52.50).

Last edited:
Who gives a fuck about the United State of Americans?

Britain and the USA are different countries. What goes on in one country bears little relation to what goes on in another.

The median salary in Britain is £29,000, in the USA it’s the equivalent of £48,000.

The majority football fans in Britain are working class, many of whom will earn under the median salary. City are traditionally one of the most working class fanbases in the country - I remember a survey emailed out to season ticket holders across the country last decade by Barclays when they sponsored the Prem and it asked what our salary was… only Burnley and Wigan fans were below City fans on average salary of fanbase.

And football fans in Britain don’t just go to one game, a lot of us go to every game. It’s not a one-off thing, it’s an obsession. And a lot don’t just pay for themselves but for their family.

The economic situation in Britain is grim for low wage households, it has been for a long time due to successive grim governments and isn’t looking like getting better with yet another grim new government.

In the USA, the average ‘soccer’ fan probably has a front and back garden with a drive way and two or more cars and probably earns well over the median salary.

It’s these fuckers and all like then around the world who are diluting our football stadiums. Our traditional fans are being priced out all the time and being replaced with tourists who are driving prices up.

If the tourists supported their local teams in their own countries and didn’t take their trips to our stadiums, we’d likely be paying less to see our football teams and the atmospheres would be better.

I can afford my season ticket and my individual match tickets for cup games, but it’s not about me, it’s about all of our traditional fans and not wanting to see them priced out.

Look at this game - Inter is priced at £52.50 for me when in the last two seasons the Grouo Stage prices have been:
2022-23 Group Stage prices: Dortmund £25, Copenhagen £22, Sevilla £22
2023-24 Group Stage prices: Belgrade £27, Young Boys £27, Leipzig £27

That’s a massive difference, it’s £25.50 more expensive than the nearest equivalent game in the last two CL seasons, and there are hundreds of tickets remaining for it.

It’s strange pricing, not helped by City remaining silent about how much the rest of the League Phase games are going to be, plus also having to pay for another game in the same week (Watford in the EFL Cup which is another £20 on top of the £52.50).
Spot on. Great post.

Out of the group I usually meet up with, I know more who will be going to the Watford game. Obviously price being the main factor, but these group stage games seem meaningless.
Irrespective of the pricing ,not sure how these games are meaningless. I predict at least one big European team will finish outside the top 8 and lose in a tricky round of 16 knockout game. Maybe more than one.

Definitely not meaningless unless you're totally eliminated with a game or two still to play.
Seeding in the knockout stages could be crucially important so teams should be going all out to win even if they have a 100% record going into the January fixtures.

That’s true, but I’d guess most cities in most parts of the world,certainly in the US, that applies. Philidelphia will have it’s families struggling for a food shop more or less than Manchester I wouldn’t know..
Does Philidelphia have two top tier teams within five miles of the city centre, another couple within 40 miles, and at least 17 other clubs within 100 miles that have played in the top two tiers in the last thirty years?
And City fans are also playing a minimum of 23 other home games this season.
We might be the biggest act around, but we aren't the only one.

Irrespective of the pricing ,not sure how these games are meaningless. I predict at least one big European team will finish outside the top 8 and lose in a tricky round of 16 knockout game. Maybe more than one.
The earlier games always feel a bit pointless. We always end up playing pretty poor sides or we’re usually already through quite early on.

I don’t really know the new format though. Price is the main factor for most though.

Any idea when the club took the money for this one?
Mine came out of the bank 2 days ago

That’s what does my head in on the cup scheme I can never see the direct debit pending to come out of my current account the day before like normal direct debits

Last years was total pot luck, I’m sure I even had one billed a day or two after the fixture had took place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.