Ticket Pricing for Inter (H)

Something isn't right at the top, because everything feels very shortsighted.

I worry that the people in charge are maximising profits whilst we're successful so it looks good on their resume's, and don't give a shit what happens when we have a few bad seasons, because most of them will be gone by then anyway.

I don’t doubt they have sales targets based on increasing ticket revenue so they pull moves like this to an attempt to meet them.

Last edited:

I worry that the people in charge are maximising profits whilst we're successful so it looks good on their resume's, and don't give a shit what happens when we have a few bad seasons, because most of them will be gone by then anyway.
Short termism in football, who'd have thought it !!

That's the ethos of modern business (and goverments too for that matter)

I doubt they have sales targets based on increasing ticket revenue so they pull moves like this to an attempt to meet them.
This is what happens when you give people, who are businessmen, vague targets. Like their long term aim of "Increasing matchday revenue"

In their heads filling up 80% of the stadium at £50 is a bigger success than filling 100% of the stadium at £30. Because they only care about revenue, and don't give a shit about anything else.

This is what happens when you give people, who are businessmen, vague targets. Like their long term aim of "Increasing matchday revenue"

In their heads filling up 80% of the stadium at £50 is a bigger success than filling 100% of the stadium at £30. Because they only care about revenue, and don't give a shit about anything else.

Yep. For the sales people it will all be based on numbers and nothing else. Year on year they'll have increased targets so it becomes a never ending program of increases.

Then they will have a meeting where they're like 'how many new memberships did you sell for this match?', 'how much revenue did you bring in compared to the same level of opponent in last year's group stage?' etc.

With the money that every club gets from TV & sponsorship etc. I just don't understand why they feel the need to try & fleece every last penny out of their own fans. The average person has been struggling for a number of years, yet prices keep going up. Looking at the number of tickets available for the next few matches, have the club now finally priced their own fans out of going? Brentford tomorrow nearly 700 available but the cheapest adult ticket is £51. Milan next week, over 4700 available but the cheapest adult ticket is £ 47.50 & Watford the week after almost 18500 available. Add to that extra games in the Champions league & people will have to pick and choose their games.

I know that everyone appreciates the investment in the team, the stadium & the the facilities and the success that we have had, but it seems that from a pricing point of view the club is completely out of touch with its fans. If pricing keeps going the way it seems to be, that new stand is going to look pretty empty on occasions.

With the money that every club gets from TV & sponsorship etc. I just don't understand why they feel the need to try & fleece every last penny out of their own fans. The average person has been struggling for a number of years, yet prices keep going up. Looking at the number of tickets available for the next few matches, have the club now finally priced their own fans out of going? Brentford tomorrow nearly 700 available but the cheapest adult ticket is £51. Milan next week, over 4700 available but the cheapest adult ticket is £ 47.50 & Watford the week after almost 18500 available. Add to that extra games in the Champions league & people will have to pick and choose their games.

I know that everyone appreciates the investment in the team, the stadium & the the facilities and the success that we have had, but it seems that from a pricing point of view the club is completely out of touch with its fans. If pricing keeps going the way it seems to be, that new stand is going to look pretty empty on occasions.
livefootball tickets has tickets for tomorrow for £30 (inc. fees).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.