Tight arsed people you know (Or could be yourself)

Years ago I used to work with someone who gave his wife a Valentine's Day card every year and vice versa. Trouble is, it was the same cards that they'd used 9 years running. They'd just stash them away after the event and get them out the following year!

I'm tight in some ways I admit.....Now were retired me and the wife go for regular walks near the beach. We like a coffee at some point but we refuse to pay almost $10 for 2 coffee's so we find a 7/11 and buy two $1 coffee's and find a nice bench near the beach. Over the last 2 years of covid I reckon we've saved around $4000.

Walk 5 days a week so $10 a day coffee would be $50 a week = $2500 a year X 2 years = $5000
Minus 5 days @ $2 a day = $10 a week = $500 a year X 2 = $1000

Total saved = $4000.

Ker-ching !!
Two coffees and a currant slice - £4-50. Yer can't beat Sowerby Bridge prices, unless yer giving the stuff away. Only downside was when I asked what was contained in a box ready for a sausage, bacon or burger, she said 'teacakes'!

Years ago I used to work with someone who gave his wife a Valentine's Day card every year and vice versa. Trouble is, it was the same cards that they'd used 9 years running. They'd just stash them away after the event and get them out the following year!
One year we gave my brother and his wife 2 bottles of good wine for Christmas. Mrs Mist is sure we got them back the next year.... in the same bag.

There are a number of you mentioning people who never buy a round but do not name the person......
Is it because when you do the @ you see two bluemoonrisings and are not sure which one it is ?

Just askin'

i got one group of mates, 6-8 of us that all casually buy a round of drinks...

now, i don't mind when i can buy a round and get a couple in return, but so often i turn up last and buy everyone a drink (they all say yes despite having full pints) then i'm lucky to get a couple back or sometimes i can't stay all night.

so I would rather just buy my own but know i'd get stick for being a tight arse (which i am)

Last edited:
i got one group of mates, 6-8 of us that all casually buy a round of drinks...

now, i don't mind when i can buy a round and get a couple in return, but so often i turn up last and buy everyone a drink (they all say yes despite having full pints) then i'm lucky to get a couple back or sometimes i can't stay all night.

so I would rather just buy my own but know i'd get stick for being a tight arse.
I’ve more respect for those that stay on their own. At least they are being honest,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.