Time to start banning hacks from the Etihad?

Why do people care how we're portrayed in the media? Why is it imperative that useless ex-pros who don't support City agree with your viewpoint? It doesn't take away from a good performance and it shouldn't change your opinion or, conversely, be used to validate it.

chestervegasblue said:
Why do people care how we're portrayed in the media? Why is it imperative that useless ex-pros who don't support City agree with your viewpoint? It doesn't take away from a good performance and it shouldn't change your opinion or, conversely, be used to validate it.
Maybe because we love our club and are protective of it. Petty simple tbh mate.

What we should do is have two media rooms. If they've written objectively and honestly about us since the last game, they can go in the one where there's as much quality food & drink as they want. If they haven't then stick them in a room with just stale bread and water from a fish tank that hasn't been cleaned in 6 months.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Don't ban them. Let them watch us power on and on. They're like the jealous ex-boyfriend who suffered from premature ejaculation or impotence watching helpless through the window as their former girlfriend gets fucked senseless by her new boyfriend.

There's no reason to have a go at me mate just because we don't agree on the various Israel threads.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
franksinatra said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:
so taggart got loads of bad press at the scum did he? you chat so much bollocks its untrue.

Well clearly he thought so hence the reason he banned them.

Banning journalists would just look small minded, petty and us becoming every thing we use to hate.

Also who would we ban? If fans on this forum had their way there would be no one left to commentate and report on City games. Even the likes of Quinn and Francis ex-city players do not escape the criticism of being part of the Agenda.

For example do we ban the Daily Mail? In the process alienating Martin Samuel who always defends our position on FFP. Or the Mirror and Simon Mullock a blue.

Or the biggest evil of all Sky. Who contribute millions enabling us to buy the great players we do.

Of course today its the turn of Glenn Hoddle. Will the ban extend to when we play QPR?

We cannot alter the perception of the club by banning individuals for expressing opinions about the club. It would be counter-productive. We get positive press and negative press. Its a fact of life for sny organisation in the public domain.

You obviously haven't read Martin Samuel's piece on our match with Bayern.
He too jumped on what was a fucking huge bandwagon.

Super, another to add to the list.
Maybe just maybe that was Samuels opinion of the game against Bayern? No agenda or bias just a different opinion.

No wonder we hate the press so much if someone like Martin Samuel is now part of the agenda bandwagon.

Prestwich_Blue said:
What we should do is have two media rooms. If they've written objectively and honestly about us since the last game, they can go in the one where there's as much quality food & drink as they want. If they haven't then stick them in a room with just stale bread and water from a fish tank that hasn't been cleaned in 6 months.
We should put them in a room with loads of rats .
Like and Ant and Dec do on celebrity get me out of here .
That's if they have been telling porky pies about us .

blue b4 the moon said:
Get that chef who poisoned the Spurs team a few seasons ago to prepare the freebee food they eat.

Seriously, I'd make them pay to come in the ground afterall they're always moaning about us not hitting FFP.
^^^^this
I really like the idea of food poisoning :)

everythingchangesbutblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Banning journos achieved nothing apart from more bad press.Keep winning games and trophies. Do our talking on the pitch.

Plenty of posters on here would get banned from the stadium using your criteria because the amount of fans talking us down this week, and much of this season, has been incredible.
so taggart got loads of bad press at the scum did he? you chat so much bollocks its untrue.
So he banned them for being nice?

Course he didn't, they chatted shit about him or his club and he banned them.

The thing is, I prefer City's stance of ignoring those talking bollocks rather than rising to it all. I'd hate it if a load of dick heads started being nice about us when they don't want to be just because they don't want banning.

If people just concentrated on those worth taking notice of and expose yourself to the right things, people won't get so uptight and touchy about all this shit. If you're going to read, listen to or watch shite from dick heads what the fuck do you think you're going to get from it? And there are fans of our club who spend part of every single day searching for something to get pissed off about. I've said before, but the agenda thread on this site is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen from our fanbase. A load of masochistic old shite, a lot of which is so trivial I woudn't even blink twice at it. But for some that sort of stuff is their daily masochist's hit to anger themselves at. To think what we used to get poked at us by Rags in the 1990s, it's hard to believe how thin skinned some of our fans can be when it comes to what they think is bad press.

Of course there is some bad press, quite a lot even, but it's not as bad as is being made out by our fans in the last few years. But spend an hour reading your favourite three journos pieces, watch some YouTube videos, check out what's on the official site, and maybe even take up some other interests and spend time reading or watching things about them...rather than expose yourself to shite media and then wonder why you're pissed off after you've been doing it, and you'll be happier. You don't need I act as the clubs media nitpicker, especially since they're mature enough to ignore it all.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xguxP2NiSc[/video]
Gonna get along without you now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.