Time to start banning hacks from the Etihad?

No. Definitely not. I see Custis' face when he is sat covering City games at the Etihad and believe me he looks very, very uncomfortable.

In fact he reminds me of how I would look if sent to the swamp to report on their games and they were winning all the time.

KippaxCitizen said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Banning journos achieved nothing apart from more bad press.Keep winning games and trophies. Do our talking on the pitch.

Plenty of posters on here would get banned from the stadium using your criteria because the amount of fans talking us down this week, and much of this season, has been incredible.
so taggart got loads of bad press at the scum did he? you chat so much bollocks its untrue.
So he banned them for being nice?

Course he didn't, they chatted shit about him or his club and he banned them.

The thing is, I prefer City's stance of ignoring those talking bollocks rather than rising to it all. I'd hate it if a load of dick heads started being nice about us when they don't want to be just because they don't want banning.

If people just concentrated on those worth taking notice of and expose yourself to the right things, people won't get so uptight and touchy about all this shit. If you're going to read, listen to or watch shite from dick heads what the fuck do you think you're going to get from it? And there are fans of our club who spend part of every single day searching for something to get pissed off about. I've said before, but the agenda thread on this site is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen from our fanbase. A load of masochistic old shite, a lot of which is so trivial I woudn't even blink twice at it. But for some that sort of stuff is their daily masochist's hit to anger themselves at. To think what we used to get poked at us by Rags in the 1990s, it's hard to believe how thin skinned some of our fans can be when it comes to what they think is bad press.

Of course there is some bad press, quite a lot even, but it's not as bad as is being made out by our fans in the last few years. But spend an hour reading your favourite three journos pieces, watch some YouTube videos, check out what's on the official site, and maybe even take up some other interests and spend time reading or watching things about them...rather than expose yourself to shite media and then wonder why you're pissed off after you've been doing it, and you'll be happier. You don't need I act as the clubs media nitpicker, especially since they're mature enough to ignore it all.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xguxP2NiSc[/video]
Gonna get along without you now!
so just ignore the vitriol then Frank? do nothing to defend our club? so what you are saying is that there is an agenda but so what? if we ignore it all will be fine? you sound like Neville Chamberlain.

GaudinoMotors said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Banning journos achieved nothing apart from more bad press.Keep winning games and trophies. Do our talking on the pitch.

Plenty of posters on here would get banned from the stadium using your criteria because the amount of fans talking us down this week, and much of this season, has been incredible.

Believe it or not Dave - tens of thousands aren't reading your pearls on mainstream media outlets when you post on here. A great loss for all concerned I know.
As for banning - done sensibly and when the drivel reported is 100% wrong, then a short ban to register our disdain would be appropriate and overdue!
The Sergio to Madrid hack this morning was being a prime example.
hey mate to be fair to dismal he has just informed us how taggart was derided for banning journos from the swamp. I forgot how much bad press he got as their manager. Thank fuck he reminded us.

I like the way that people like you are so keen to bleat about how he press treat us badly, but when it's pointed out that your 'solution' will make it worse, you decide that things are the same for us as they were for the most idealised club in their prime era.

Great logic. Some fine minds at work here.

bored at work said:
Not for bully-boy petulant reasons as per GPC, but for a fully justified reaction to the lies and hate spouted by these so-called journalists.

We've never been liked since the takeover, rarely any positives, never get any the plaudits we deserve for our achievements or style of play, always looking to destabalise and take the piss. This season it seems to have reached an all time high, culminating in the sneering and abuse we received for BEATING Bayern! Would that happen with any other club???

Come on city, time to take a hard stance and please ban the fuckers. You can start with every c**t who writes for the laughably titled Independent.

no arguement from me, said the same last week.

KippaxCitizen said:
so taggart got loads of bad press at the scum did he? you chat so much bollocks its untrue.

The thing is, I prefer City's stance of ignoring those talking bollocks rather than rising to it all. I'd hate it if a load of dick heads started being nice about us when they don't want to be just because they don't want banning.

If people just concentrated on those worth taking notice of and expose yourself to the right things, people won't get so uptight and touchy about all this shit. If you're going to read, listen to or watch shite from dick heads what the fuck do you think you're going to get from it? And there are fans of our club who spend part of every single day searching for something to get pissed off about. I've said before, but the agenda thread on this site is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen from our fanbase. A load of masochistic old shite, a lot of which is so trivial I woudn't even blink twice at it. But for some that sort of stuff is their daily masochist's hit to anger themselves at. To think what we used to get poked at us by Rags in the 1990s, it's hard to believe how thin skinned some of our fans can be when it comes to what they think is bad press.

Of course there is some bad press, quite a lot even, but it's not as bad as is being made out by our fans in the last few years. But spend an hour reading your favourite three journos pieces, watch some YouTube videos, check out what's on the official site, and maybe even take up some other interests and spend time reading or watching things about them...rather than expose yourself to shite media and then wonder why you're pissed off after you've been doing it, and you'll be happier. You don't need I act as the clubs media nitpicker, especially since they're mature enough to ignore it all.

so just ignore the vitriol then Frank? do nothing to defend our club? so what you are saying is that there is an agenda but so what? if we ignore it all will be fine? you sound like Neville Chamberlain.
Why not?

There's a slight agenda to talk us down and talk the traditional money making clubs for the press up. We're collateral damage. There isn't an actual agenda directly against Manchester City Football Club. Once we're the ones who'll make them money, the press will be all over us.

They don't want to actually bring us down. We just not big enough to their readership and profits yet.

Meanwhile we keep winning trophies, gaining fans (even early round cup games are highly attended), gaining media hits to our websites worldwide, gaining ever increasing sponsors (Nissan and SuisseGas have come aboard this year alone) , having £30m+ players wanting to come to us, all we're doing as a club is growin and growing...

So why bother changing anything we're doing?

Didsbury Dave said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Believe it or not Dave - tens of thousands aren't reading your pearls on mainstream media outlets when you post on here. A great loss for all concerned I know.
As for banning - done sensibly and when the drivel reported is 100% wrong, then a short ban to register our disdain would be appropriate and overdue!
The Sergio to Madrid hack this morning was being a prime example.
hey mate to be fair to dismal he has just informed us how taggart was derided for banning journos from the swamp. I forgot how much bad press he got as their manager. Thank fuck he reminded us.

Yeah mate. Modern day City and 1990s Man United get treated exactly the same way by the press.

If we banned them they'd just skulk
off and calm it down in future. You should work for the club's press department. Proper media savvy you are.
Instead of trying to be flipant why don't you just answer the question? was taggart treated badly for banning journos?

Prestwich_Blue said:
What we should do is have two media rooms. If they've written objectively and honestly about us since the last game, they can go in the one where there's as much quality food & drink as they want. If they haven't then stick them in a room with just stale bread and water from a fish tank that hasn't been cleaned in 6 months.

This is the kind of thing I would do, and I don't see anything wrong with having some kind of two tier system, if there's one thing I can't stand it's the way the sneering cunts lounge around, smugly enjoying the hospitality of the club, then slag them off moments later, nah, not in our house sunshine, they'd soon get the message.

Didsbury Dave said:

Yeah mate. Modern day City and 1990s Man United get treated exactly the same way by the press.

If we banned them they'd just skulk
off and calm it down in future. You should work for the club's press department. Proper media savvy you are.
Instead of trying to be flipant why don't you just answer the question? was taggart treated badly for banning journos?

I like the way that people like you are so keen to bleat about how the press treat us badly, but when it's pointed out that your 'solution' will make it worse, you decide that things are the same for us as they were for the most idealised club in their prime era.

Great logic. Some fine minds at work here.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
blue underpants said:
Been saying it for years, let them all sit down in the press box then tap them on the shoulder and march them all out of the stadium, Collymore first, Mills second Custis third in the line, fucking humiliate them

Collymore doesn't need any help in the humiliation stakes.

The best action is not to get wound up. They find it very hard to have a go at the manager because he is always very nice to them. The players like Zab and Vinny are just true ambassadors of the club. Look at how linekar and co love a chat with him after the game. Some have started to fight our corner, none more so than Samuel who has just been voted sports journalist of the year again. He has a go at us sometimes but usually it's deserved when he does.

The latest target is clearly Mangala who has been nowhere near as shit as the press are making out and in a year or so they will be eating humble pie. To score him 1/10 which I assume is riling everyone so much is just so stupid it makes the author look like a complete and utter dick. This was a team who were second in the table and had one clear chance against a defence with Mangala in it! Surely only an idiot wouldn't be able to work out that the score is therefore ludicrous.

The best thing we can do is keep winning, shut them up and add a few more trophies to the cabinet!

Didn't know that about Samuel - pleased to hear it, well deserved.

As for 1/10 from Neil Ashton, we just need to ban him for 1 game - the one against his beloved Crystal Palace

KippaxCitizen said:
KippaxCitizen said:

Why not?

There's a slight agenda to talk us down and talk the traditional money making clubs for the press up. We're collateral damage. There isn't an actual agenda directly against Manchester City Football Club. Once we're the ones who'll make them money, the press will be all over us.

They don't want to actually bring us down. We just not big enough to their readership and profits yet.

Meanwhile we keep winning trophies, gaining fans (even early round cup games are highly attended), gaining media hits to our websites worldwide, gaining ever increasing sponsors (Nissan and SuisseGas have come aboard this year alone) , having £30m+ players wanting to come to us, all we're doing as a club is growin and growing...

So why bother changing anything we're doing?
so there is a "slight" agenda or "no" agenda ol' blue eyes? i honestly think you are coming round Frank.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.