Time to start banning hacks from the Etihad?

everythingchangesbutblue said:
franksinatra said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:
so there is a "slight" agenda or "no" agenda ol' blue eyes? i honestly think you are coming round Frank.

No pal I am not coming round. You are debating with kippax citizen not myself but keep referring to him as Frank or ol blue eyes.

Judging by this you would not be the best person to present the volumes of 'evidence' to the high court listed in the agenda thread.
Why not? the volumes of evidence exist whether i get the posters name wrong or not. nice to hear you admit that there are volumes though. I do though Frank take what you say more than the other apologists though on board. they just want to be seen as impartal, i believe rightly or wrongly that you genuinley belive there is no agenda. And i call you "ol' blue eyes" simply because of my familiarality(sp?) with his music and films.

Well I am glad about that because I genuinely believe it does not exist and I do not write it to gauge a reaction or to provoke.

However I do appreciate that some of the stuff written about us is neither accurate nor flattering and believe some journalists dislike us.

Hence, in my opinion, some of the negative reporting is reflected in their writing rather than a collusion within a paper, between papers and so forth.

The ironic thing about this thread is I actually asked Vicky Kloss a question on the subject of negative press coverage at a Bredbury Supporters club meeting not long after the takeover.

Also in a lot of instances I do read articles, such as the independent, in the agenda thread today, and although I dont agree with it all I can see many positive comments which people overlook and disregard when copy and pasting to the agenda thread. This in itself leads to little balance in the debate an issue the same people are tarring the press pack with.

Banning them would be very embarrassing! It would be small time, petty, vindictive - everything I don't want Manchester City to be, everything inmates about the wino Ferguson who despite doing so well in his career lacked that bit of class.

I also can't think about how we could possibly make them happier, more content that their crap was working , more self satisfied than by doing this. A ban would be to hand them victory, a ban would be t admit defeat a ban would be to show how mentally weak and sensitive the club is...

I say a few people need to man up to be honest and show just a touch of having some strength of character .

I would find nothing more nauseating than a fawning press!!! As for censorship I don't think it is good and frankly I think some bad press can be good for a team and help galvanise the spirit

EalingBlue2 said:
Banning them would be very embarrassing! It would be small time, petty, vindictive - everything I don't want Manchester City to be, everything inmates about the wino Ferguson who despite doing so well in his career lacked that bit of class.

I also can't think about how we could possibly make them happier, more content that their crap was working , more self satisfied than by doing this. A ban would be to hand them victory, a ban would be t admit defeat a ban would be to show how mentally weak and sensitive the club is...

I say a few people need to man up to be honest and show just a touch of having some strength of character .

I would find nothing more nauseating than a fawning press!!! As for censorship I don't think it is good and frankly I think some bad press can be good for a team and help galvanise the spirit

all very well but it seems like its open season on city.
what do we do then? let them say or print what they like, be it the truth or lies?

i say its time city turned.

Dirty Harry said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
What we should do is have two media rooms. If they've written objectively and honestly about us since the last game, they can go in the one where there's as much quality food & drink as they want. If they haven't then stick them in a room with just stale bread and water from a fish tank that hasn't been cleaned in 6 months.

This is the kind of thing I would do, and I don't see anything wrong with having some kind of two tier system, if there's one thing I can't stand it's the way the sneering c**ts lounge around, smugly enjoying the hospitality of the club, then slag them off moments later, nah, not in our house sunshine, they'd soon get the message.
In fact, we should offer them dog shit sandwiches snd tell them "If you print shit, then you can eat shit."

EalingBlue2 said:

No one is asking for a fawning press.

Bobbins said:
I think the trick is to ban the individual hack and not the publication he works for, If one guy keeps getting himself banned from the ground he might well be putting his job at risk or at the very least letting someone else have a go who isn't as negative. I always remember one of the girls off Sky Sport being told off the GPC if she asked any questions he didn't like he would refuse to do any interviews with her, then saying their are loads of young women who would love your job and if I won't talk to you you will be out of one.

Yep, the individuals not the paper, that's the way to go.

Summed up by spitting image as PIGS.

Bumming a living of others.

Christ we would have over 250 players in our first team if everything they wrote was true!

Sign of the times unfortunately that journalists sole aim is sensationalism aimed purely to sell papers, gain followers on twitter, pander to the masses (which unfortunately means being negative towards city, as, sadly most of the worlds population tend to be soulless, hollow individuals who 'support' man utd) and ironically, money talks

MR.X said:
Sign of the times unfortunately that journalists sole aim is sensationalism aimed purely to sell papers, gain followers on twitter, pander to the masses (which unfortunately means being negative towards city, as, sadly most of the worlds population tend to be soulless, hollow individuals who 'support' man utd) and ironically, money talks

If that's the case we shouldn't be supporting them in their quest. I'm all for the aforementioned shit sandwiches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.