Time to start banning hacks from the Etihad?

blue b4 the moon said:
The more shit they print the more neutrals will decide not to be blue.

Negative press will continue to hinder a developing fan base.

LOL!

1961_vintage said:
Perhaps we just ban any Thin Skinned (nee Jerkers).

Yes, Let's ban knee (I assume you don't mean ladies whose maiden name is Jerkers?) Jerkers. Try googling the sun's Blackburn against City report from 2009 - it's a right knee jerk reaction we've got.

Prestwich_Blue said:
What we should do is have two media rooms. If they've written objectively and honestly about us since the last game, they can go in the one where there's as much quality food & drink as they want. If they haven't then stick them in a room with just stale bread and water from a fish tank that hasn't been cleaned in 6 months.

Completely agree. Banning them would be counter-productive, but if they're going to write shite about us no matter what, then why the fuck should we feed the cunts whilst they bite our hands.
Balanced and objective and they get treated well. If they are called Custis or Jackson, then its a bare room with no heating and no refreshments. If they want food they can get it on the concourse like every fucker else. If they're brave enough.

Fans of every club think that the media has it in for them. I don't advise it, but the RAWK forum wrote the bible on the establishment having an agenda against them. The only thing that I have noticed about the media in relation to City is the universal dismissive attitude. For instance, they have those panels who talk endlessly about Arsenal, United and Liverpool, even when they haven't achieved very much in terms of results for that particular weekend, but they have a desire and passion to discuss these teams, then just before the programme ends, the presenter has to butt in and say..."Oh and well done to Manchester City yesterday who beat Spurs 5-1..that's all we've got time for"

I don't think it's an agenda, it's giving the 'general' public what they want. If there was an overwhelming clamor or interest in all things City related, then they would flood our screens and newspapers with it. There isn't. I saw Patrick Vieira on one of these football panels and he spent 95% of the time talking about Arsenal and Arsene Wenger's transfer policy/search for a striker. He's a club ambassador FFS!

EalingBlue2 said:
blue b4 the moon said:
The more shit they print the more neutrals will decide not to be blue.

Negative press will continue to hinder a developing fan base.

The fanbase and money city want isn't in the UK so it's pretty much irrelevant to city, also I could frankly do without the type of fans who make their decisions I assume as an adult base on talk sport or the sun

Hmm....

if you have a gander at said newspapers websites and see the geographical locations of their web traffic on many of the negative articles, you'll realise this content is global.

Same with Talkshite, and how many listeners tune in via their website.

The best we can do is to get people subscribing to "our" online content such as the youtube channel, get the kids subscribing, provide them with *FREE* content, and before you know it they are hooked and enjoying MCFC.
Doesn't matter what grumpy old grandfather who reads The Sun thinks, or what Uncle Jimmy who listens to TalkShite thinks either, these kids will get their own content and develop their own taste.

We are already doing this. as of this post:

319,359 subscribers

Look at any of the videos on our official channel, so many comments from fans of other clubs, saying: I don't support City.... BUT this video was great.

This is how it's going.

Fuck those outdated pricks and their spin to get readers, we're providing our own content and spin ;-)

wattle said:
bored at work said:
Not for bully-boy petulant reasons as per GPC, but for a fully justified reaction to the lies and hate spouted by these so-called journalists.

We've never been liked since the takeover, rarely any positives, never get any the plaudits we deserve for our achievements or style of play, always looking to destabalise and take the piss. This season it seems to have reached an all time high, culminating in the sneering and abuse we received for BEATING Bayern! Would that happen with any other club???

Come on city, time to take a hard stance and please ban the fuckers. You can start with every C who writes for the laughably titled Independent.

100% this ^^^^^
It doesn't usually doesn't bother me but I was livid after Tuesday. Got in the car elated and was looking forward to a rare bit of glory coverage. I couldn't believe what I was hearing from Cundy on TalkBollox. Embarrassing beyond belief. And what really grates me is people actually believe this shit. I've had Stoke, Man U and Derby fans (coz thats where I live atm) laughing at me because we were so piss poor!!!! You couldn't make it up!! Ban the fuckers! Trumped up little Hitlers who know eff all.

Anyone who not only listens to that shit and actually takes offence,now they really are embarrassing !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.