Time wasting.

This is easy to stop, it’s obvious so make it z yellow for all players & coaches involved.

We don’t have time outs in football so don’t allow them.
You say that but all that would do is encourage players to be more convincing actors. The rules are that play stops if a goalkeeper is injured. What should happen if a keeper appears to be injured? Instant yellow card? I can’t see that ever happening.

ONE minute in the first half...ONE fucking minute.

Palace kicked the ball away constantly at stoppages, did the defenders level with the keeper, fuck around, then wave them forward at almost every goal kick & suddenly sped up after going behind.

ONE fucking minute....but found a bit more and yes I know there were subs used when they were behind in the second half.

ONE fucking minute!!!

You say that but all that would do is encourage players to be more convincing actors. The rules are that play stops if a goalkeeper is injured. What should happen if a keeper appears to be injured? Instant yellow card? I can’t see that ever happening.

I’ve no problem with a bit of convincing acting but that’s fucking blatant & should be punished.

Over here in Aus they have AFL & I’ve never got my head round the equivalent of a throw in. It’s only goes to the other team if it’s deliberate so you see all kinds of atrocious mis - kicks to give you the required result. (I might have got this wrong but that’s how it seems)

You can tell that it's being coached and it's a disgrace the level it has got to. Teams are also using different methods now, feigning injury has never been so rife.

Collina seems pretty intent on tackling this and it needs to happen fast.

Biggest issues are:
- Teams taking forever to get the ball back in play, throw-ins, goal kicks being the worst offenders.
- Goalkeepers holding the ball for 20-30 seconds before clearing it.
- Kicking the ball away (that's been around forever).
- Feigning injury.

We lost about 20mins in that first half through Palace time-wasting, I think Guaita was responsible for half of it.

- Referees need to start booking players immediately, no warnings, they don't need warnings, they know what they're doing. Ederson was booked in the 1st half against Arsenal, quite rightly and that needs to become the standard.
- Early bookings may resolve the need to not add time on.
- They either need to stop the clock or add sufficient time on.
- Feigning injuries is a tough one to judge. I would have an injury clock running next to the normal clock, the moment a player goes down that clock starts.

The new one that has come in last 18 months is pretend the goalie is going to pass it out from the back hold it for a bit then the goalie gives the eye for the defenders to push up while taking more time out the game!

We all of us have been saying for a long time that the sport needs a bloody good shake-up from top to bottom. More transparency from pgmol, mic'd up referees and maybe linesmen, too. Anything that helps to maintain a level playing field between the teams on the pitch is to be welcomed.
It cannot continue the way it is because there will be a violent fans revolt. You see it after the full-time whistle when a team has been well and truly shafted by the ref (usually in order to help the rags), you see the intense hatred in their eyes as they troop away from the stadium knowing one man has just totally destroyed their clubs' hope of three points or the chance to go through to another round and therefor make extra money.
But no, everything possible is being done to help certain clubs at the top of the tree. To keep them relevant and ensure the money continues to flow like Niagara Falls through the Premier league's accounts.

These fans that have just witnessed yet another disgustingly blatant travesty of justice to ensure pgmol's favourites can stay at (or near) the top have had enough. They've worked all week, paid their taxes, now they're looking forward to seeing their team take on one of the Premier's so-called 'elite' clubs. But some insignificant little man with a whistle and a massive chip on his shoulder is going to make a monumental game-changing decision (or four or five) that will fuck them up forever. A catastrophic decision that could end up costing their club millions and millions of pounds should that decision relegate them, or knock them out of the lucrative cup games.

It only takes one disaffected, thoroughly pissed-off football supporter to light the spark and the violent chain reaction that will inevitably follow will be felt for decades and decades to come.

This just seems to be one of the easiest positive changes the game could make.
Play stops, clock stops.
As many have already said rugby has this bang on (this and miking the refs)
There's just no downside and all the negativity melts away.
No frustration, no selective yellow cards, no cheating of paying fans.
I don't understand how there can be any serious arguments against it.
The 90 mins would probably need reducing to reflect a sensible ball in play time - 75-80 mins ?

This just seems to be one of the easiest positive changes the game could make.
Play stops, clock stops.
As many have already said rugby has this bang on (this and miking the refs)
There's just no downside and all the negativity melts away.
No frustration, no selective yellow cards, no cheating of paying fans.
I don't understand how there can be any serious arguments against it.
The 90 mins would probably need reducing to reflect a sensible ball in play time - 75-80 mins ?

Agree but that would only work on none live televised games. The tv schedule would be all over the place for the rest of the day if showing it live.

Football isnt about being fair to the fans it's about making money and tv pay huge amounts as do adverts

Agree but that would only work on none live televised games. The tv schedule would be all over the place for the rest of the day if showing it live.

Football isnt about being fair to the fans it's about making money and tv pay huge amounts as do adverts
I get what you're saying and yes I agree it's all money motivated now.
But I think it would soon even out to a predictable pattern/ time.
I think any variations could easily be smoothed out by more or less of the pundits (less hopefully)
Also let's face it TV isn't adverse to changing kick of times to suit their schedule.
There didn't use to be 12.30 14.30 kick offs etc

I see Pierluigi Collina is pushing for a crackdown on time wasting like we saw in the World Cup.

This would be a great rule change for City, but in the short term we’d probably see extended matches and a dilemma for early leavers - will they still leave on 75 minutes or will the stay another 10 minutes and leave on 85 mins instead?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.