To all the Blues no longer with us

I lost my Dad just before the takeover. Even though we were both devout atheists, at the end I said ..listen I’m going to leave your ashes in the remembrance garden…. I know we will never win anything again let alone catch United but you know…he finished off the sentence by saying “leave it with me and I’ll see what I can do”

I’m still an atheist but when we signed Robinho I thought that’s good going. By the time we won The Treble and won the Champions League I just thought Dad if you have anything to do with all this you are taking the piss now.
I'm of a similar persuasion to yourself regarding the afterlife and God and all that but there's a part of me that's convinced my uncle pushed Lukaku in the way of Dimarco's header - the one immediately after Rodri's goal that hit the bar first. It's just the type of mischief he was always getting up to, haha.

I'm of a similar persuasion to yourself regarding the afterlife and God and all that but there's a part of me that's convinced my uncle pushed Lukaku in the way of Dimarco's header - the one immediately after Rodri's goal that hit the bar first. It's just the type of mischief he was always getting up to, haha.
Haha….heres a cartoon for you.

See 2.20 and our friend Lukaku.

Some lovely remembrances here. My mum was originally from Stoke. She passed just before the Cup Final. Wasn't a footy fan, but had understood my obsession from being a kid in 69, saw me through the few ups and many downs. I am convinced she helped win us the FA Cup that April to help me in some way through the grief of our losing her. X

She would be made up for me now as would be my dad. Winning that Treble helped set me up for the shytee rest of 2023 when my darling hub was diagnosed with cancer. Hopefully on a successful recovery but it has been difficult but our glorious wins in May and June 2023 certainly helped me though some dark days.

RIP all Blues looking at us from on high xx

I'm not a home and away goer who spends thousands of pounds following the team up and down the country every week, so if I am talking absolute shite then someone please call me out on it.

The reaction at full-time wasn't one of absolute scenes or limbs or people falling over seats and that - much to the parody of tedious banter accounts on Twitter.

I don't know whether it was because everyone was fucked from the journey to get to the fucking ground at the first place - but the fulltime reaction certainly around where I was, was incredibly muted. Circumspect. Relief. A release. Grown men in tears, people slumped in chairs, just everyone taking it all in. It was more beautiful, and organic than just going completely mental at the final whistle.

You could see this meant so much to so many people, those who thought they would never live to see the day, and remembering those who unfortunately never did. It was just an authentic release of emotion and a pressure valve that had been building for generations.
Totally agree with this, the last 10 mins felt a lifetime, for me theres was an audible sighing of relief as it dawned on people the final whistle had gone, as it was a the other end of the pitch I’d thought he had blown for a corner! When the players started running towards us I was exhausted from the whole day especially that journey in, people in tears, no one was really jumping around just lots of hugs and a what seemed like a huge weight had been lifted off our shoulders, I saw us lift the trophy and a few players then like many I legged it to get away on a bus early (ha ha little did we know). I managed to get a signal in the car park and phoned my dad who was 78 the broken facetime call showed how much it meant to him,I phone him after every game we don’t watch together.

Lost my dad to cancer in August last year aged 79 took me to my first match at 5yrs old and I've never looked back. My father had lived in Spain for 20yrs so had some great times over there with my wife and son , my son is now 28 and goes everywhere with City ( not so much this season as he's just got his 1st house ). Like another member has said I used to ring dad everytime as well after a game and we'd go through what had happened, at his funeral dad was dressed in a City top . Miss you dad x

Im with you mate i lost my uncle earlier this year and im convinced he was on that line with your uncle and plenty of others to see us home

I'm not a home and away goer who spends thousands of pounds following the team up and down the country every week, so if I am talking absolute shite then someone please call me out on it.

The reaction at full-time wasn't one of absolute scenes or limbs or people falling over seats and that - much to the parody of tedious banter accounts on Twitter.

I don't know whether it was because everyone was fucked from the journey to get to the fucking ground at the first place - but the fulltime reaction certainly around where I was, was incredibly muted. Circumspect. Relief. A release. Grown men in tears, people slumped in chairs, just everyone taking it all in. It was more beautiful, and organic than just going completely mental at the final whistle.

You could see this meant so much to so many people, those who thought they would never live to see the day, and remembering those who unfortunately never did. It was just an authentic release of emotion and a pressure valve that had been building for generations.
It was glorious. The happiness all around was a joy to be part of.

Lost my Dad at Christmas last year and there isn’t a game that goes by where I don’t think of him. However, he hated the champions league because it was ‘corrupt as fuck’. But I reckon even he would have been buzzing about Istanbul. After we lifted the trophy I stood at the back of the stand for a bit having a little chat with him in my own way!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.