Todays and Thursdays attendance - Big Club? Joke ? {merged}

Re: Low Crowd But......

de niro said:
MrsB said:
4 games in 11 days = 1296 miles for us

respect.

I reckon it would be cheaper to rent a house for 11 days than the petrol it will cost but have to work to pay for it

Re: Todays attendance - Big Club? Joke ? {merged}

Does anyone not think there was an extra 13,000 city fans out there who couldn't afford £15 and £5 ticket prices in the middle of a sunday afternoon?

No one can help if they have family commitments, finance problems, i may have to choose between the Villa and Aris match because of money problems at the minute like everyone else but i refuse to beleive that there is not another city fan out there who can afford it and take me place, it's just a matter of "i can't be arsed, it's on the tele"

MrsB said:

Not to sound glib but move. I did. Moved from Lancaster to Manc to make travel easier. Then fortuitously landed a better job and model bird. All for the love of city.

It's worth it.

I missed today because of working last night and my distance meaning I couldn't get there, will be there Thursday, won't be there Sunday because they moved it from my day off on Monday, can't do Villa because I'm also working, not sure about Wigan yet.

Too many games, moved too often.

arthur said:
Tattooedcityfan said:
But don't forget today was the first of 5 home games in a 2 week period, i went today and have tickets for Aris,Fulham and Wigan and will go to the Villa game,some people will have looked at those games and only been able to afford to go to maybe 1,2 or 3 out of the 5, notts county would be bottom priority if i was in that position.true some fans will always stay away when it's on the telly whether they can afford it or not, fact of life, price of football now means 5 games to pay for in 2 weeks is a very expensive thing to do,i do it cos i fucking love my club and it would tear me up inside to miss a game.

A bugbear of mine ... instead of paying players £250,000 a week and spending £20m - £50m on transfer fees ... cap wages and fees across the Prem and have a maximum entrance fee of £20 a game ... Give our National Sport back to the people ... The ridiculous cost of a CL ticket for Wembley should be the last straw for everyone
Agree in theory, but cap wages and woulf tev, yaya etc play for us???

Re: Big Club?

Skashion said:
Vertirowe said:
Yes but they still got 50,000 and that was for the league cup!
lets face it 27,000 is awful.
The rags managed to get 74,000 for a game against non league oppostion yesterday!
At least you've passed the rag test, you're not one of them. Or you're playing a cunning double bluff but rare is the rag gifted with a brain. OR, and this is more likely than the last, you're plastic and don't know that season ticket holders HAVE to buy cup tickets, but can opt out of the Carling Cup.

I know a few rags with season tickets and you're right, they can opt out of the carling cup but they still managed to get 50,000 for Wolves.
Take in to account the f.a cup is the more 'glamourous' of the 2 competitions yet their attendance against Wolves nearly doubles what we had today. It's a joke and no excuse on here is good enough

Re: What a joke!!

SWP's back said:
Bill, was chatting with a mate. Would you welcome city bringing in the rule the rags have regarding automatic buying of cup tickets? I have anyway with the cup direct scheme. But would that be a step too far for our impoverished support?
Was having same chat today. My brother got the impression from the season ticket survey that the club were angling at a season ticket price rise but for that price it includes all cup games.

I didn't go today for two reasons:

1) Too expensive to get to today, Aris home and the next round against Villa (which I decided was my preferred match of the 2).

2) It was a moral stand to watch at home on the TV rather than piss my money away everytime the players feel like they cant be arsed and play as shite as they did last week against County away. There was no need for this tie to go to a replay in the first place and, as such, I didn't feel one ounce of guilt when I saw how empty the ground was.

Am I less of a supporter than you?

Re: Big Club?

dw7 said:
de niro said:
this is spot on, as for 74k dont make me laugh, it was half full.

It looked near full to me few empty seats at the front 74778 was the attendance tickets were nearly 3 times the price of ours

yeh a good crowd to be fair but not 74k, they show us up thats for sure.

SWP's back said:
MrsB said:

Not to sound glib but move. I did. Moved from Lancaster to Manc to make travel easier. Then fortuitously landed a better job and model bird. All for the love of city.

It's worth it.

would move tomorrow but family ties keep me down south

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.